View Full Version : SO, what's for dinner?

The Faceless Master
05-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Everyday on my 30min commute home, this is the question
that is on my mind!!

Well, tonite am finally gonna get me some of that Pizza Hut Sampler thing
Problem is, I dont think we need a large pizza, but oh well... :rolleyes:

dockingbay97
05-22-2006, 07:55 PM
I fixed
bourbon salmon
soycatash
asparagus
with a slice of pumpernickel bread

The Real Destro
05-22-2006, 08:03 PM
I had Arby's

Strawberry Shake
Potatoe Cakes
Roast beef Sandwich

willie&joe
05-22-2006, 08:22 PM
I fixed
bourbon salmon
soycatash
asparagus
with a slice of pumpernickel bread

What's soycatash? Bourban salmon? Sounds great! Do you have a recipe?

dockingbay97
05-23-2006, 12:03 AM
I probably didn't spell sotcatash right - I get it at Trader Joes, it is corn, peppers and soybeans. I grew up in the middle of IL working in soybean fields. I never thought I would end up eating so much of them in my adult life. Except for tofu which I hate.

Deogg
05-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Tonight it was some pizza I made for the crew at work tonight (gotta love being an Assistant Manager at a pizza joint!)

Lowlight
05-23-2006, 01:53 AM
Spaghetti and meatballs...yummy. Gotta love the classics.

Shogi
05-23-2006, 10:22 AM
last night consisted of a ham/turkey/roast beef sandwich, chips, pizza and beer/cider.....I love having dinner at my sister's place :)

orionlukteel
05-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Little Caesars $5 large pepperoni pizza x2 :D with a side of the season finale of "24". Yummy.

Acantilado
05-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Sandwitch, catalan style:

Take a loaf of french bread and cut as long as you want it, then cut to open it. Have some red, soft tomatos, cut them in half and spread them on the crumb till it gets red. Add a little bit of salt, and some olive oil (or any kind of oil you use) and spread it all over. Finally, fill it with any ingredients you want; I've eaten a cheese and salami one today :D

Urban Saboteur
05-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Hmm.. Chicken Tikka Massala... Yummy.. beats Tyranaxcyl anydays.

Tomorrow I am unsure what I will have for dinner.. maybe Sausages with lashings of tomato sauce :p
N3M

Blowtorch01
05-23-2006, 10:35 PM
"Dinner" is usually something very quick and easy around here.

-In-N-Out Burgers are great around here. A double double and one of their strawberry shakes....that's as good as fast food dinner gets.

Tonight it's just left over pizza from Pizza Hut.

nemesis
05-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Skinless chicken, marinated in sweet chilli sauce, then rolled in a mixture of wholemeal bread crumbs, lemon pepper, garlic salt, paprika and cayenne pepper; then fried over a low heat with some onions covered in the same mixture. Served with fried rice and steamed carrots/broccoli/sliced green beans.

When you live on your own you've got to get a little inventive :D

Is Arby's a restaurant chain? I'm a big fan of roast beef/lamb/pork sandwiches ...

Urban Saboteur
05-24-2006, 07:28 AM
I just found some Egg Fried Rice (microwaveable) in the freezer. I microwaved it and ran to the local chip shop for a carton of curry.
Oh man. I am having chips, rice and curry tomorrow too!

I can't stop eating this as its so damn fine!!
N3M

The Faceless Master
05-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Last night i had a turkey sandwich
it was on honey wheat bread with cranberry spread
brie, lettuce & deli fresh Turkey, surprisingly yummy & healthy too
from what I heard!! :)

kp_edge
05-24-2006, 12:46 PM
I grill out for my wife and I all the time, so I'm usually figuring out the beef/chicken/fish dilema. I think tonight it'll be grilled chicken in a oriental crunch salad and tomorrow night it'll be grilled salmon (the cheap kind).

NewKid
05-24-2006, 03:18 PM
the local chip shop

Hey Nem, whats this? Are chips the equilivent to our french fries? And you guys across the pond have special shops just dedicated to chips? Sounds pretty sweet to me.

Dinner for me tonight will be a fried seafood platter and a nice dark beer from my favorite seafood place.

frozen_nd
05-25-2006, 11:21 PM
. .

The Faceless Master
05-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Last night
I had me some Beef Teriyaki, Tuna sashimi, Shrimp & Veggie Tempura,
California roll as well as Philadelphia roll which was surprisingly good!! :D

B.F.B
05-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Hey Nem, whats this? Are chips the equivalent to our French fries? And you guys across the pond have special shops just dedicated to chips? Sounds pretty sweet to me.

"Chip shop" is short for "Fish & chip shop", the traditional takeout of Britain (since knocked off the top spot by curry).

When I was a kid Wednesday was always "Chip Night". I actually had aspirations of owning my own when I was a kid too.

Up until recently I went twice a week regularly, but I've given it up for a healthier lifestyle.

Compared to McDonald's, British chips are larger, but they still taste great, especially if you get crunchy ones.

The Faceless Master
05-30-2006, 05:16 PM
For tonight
am gonna run to Costco to get me one of them Chicken wrap thingys
it looks like a burrito, but is real saucy inside & you get to dip it in ranch
or some sort of dressing ~ dunno what its called I usually just point to it :rolleyes:
YUM!! :D

willie&joe
05-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Hot dogs wrapped in bacon and fried with jalepenos. Yummy!

The Faceless Master
06-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Well last night
I had some hawaiian takeout which included ribs, beef slices,
chicken katsu, and of course bbq chicken plus macaroni salad
i swear that macaroni salad is just WAYYY too fattening :(
its too yummy to resist tho

scm
06-08-2006, 09:55 PM
I had a chicken salad sub