Sigma6 Firefly ~ a Joe NOT a Cobra!!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma6 Firefly ~ a Joe NOT a Cobra!!!

The Faceless Master
05-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Anybody else hear about this? :eek:
check out his Bio that i read from www.Hasbro.com
http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=17663

FIREFLY is an expert in the art of sabotage and specializes in explosive devices that disable electronic systems. He worked in covert ops on missions involving computer espionage and was brought onto the SIGMA 6 team to destroy a sophisticated computer virus created by COBRA to destabilize the world economy. He infiltrated the evil organization and blew up the base’s central electronics core, stopping the virus from being transmitted and ending all computerized COBRA activity for over a year. He became a permanent member of the SIGMA 6 team to provide his expertise in fighting COBRA B.A.T. troops. His innovative devices have provided the team with powerful weapons to deplete the ranks of these dangerous robots.

I am pretty sure that if you didnt like Sigma6 then,
you will DEFINITELY hate them NOW

82to87Joes
05-29-2006, 06:32 PM
haha what a joke. that whole toy line needs to be flushed down the toilet

slap happy
05-29-2006, 06:32 PM
That's kinda funny when you think about it. It's like Hasbro is trying to get back at 3 3/4 fanatics for trash talking the S6 line. What better way than screwing with the "Boba Fett" of their beloved GI Joes line. Next they'll make a Destro unmasked that turns out to be a woman.

gunslingercbr
05-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Is it two months ago again?

seriously, anyone who would be peeved by this needs to get over themselves. Sigma 6 may be based on RAH, but it is not RAH, and thus has the freedom to represent these characers in a new fashion for a new generation of kids who could care less about what the character was like 20 years ago.

this Firefly is not the sam Firefly that was made 20 years ago, so there should be no problem.

Z-Fly
05-29-2006, 07:56 PM
I view Firefly as a Mercenary, a gun for hire. For the right price, he'll fight for any cause. So while I think the whole "Joe"-thing is alittle odd, I suppose it kind of represents his character.

But the joes better beware. Anyone who is willing to betray the group he worked for many years with, could turn on you just as quickly.:D

On a side note, it could be sort of a trade off of sorts. Storm Shadow is Good in the DD comics, so if he is bad in Sigma Six line, then Firefly being good could be just be a kind of way of saying "We need two cool guys fighting for the joes"

Or it could be just a bit set up so that if he does betray them and join up with Cobra it could be made into a big deal.

Anyway, theories aside, in my Joe-Universe, Storm Shadow and Firefly will always be bad.:)

dockingbay97
05-29-2006, 08:22 PM
I got this figure a couple of days ago. While I don't consider him Firefly, I do kind of like the figure.

gunslingercbr
05-29-2006, 09:43 PM
But the joes better beware. Anyone who is willing to betray the group he worked for many years with, could turn on you just as quickly.:D

I may be mistaken, but I don't get the sense that this is thee Firefly from RAH, and he has betrayed Cobra to join the Joes. I take it more in the sense that this is Firefly in Sigma 6, based loosely on the idea of the RAH Firefly but never having been a part of Cobra, who will betray the Joes in this storyline and become a member of Cobra.

just an idea of a character presented differently. kind of like the rest of Sigma 6.

yo-man2
05-29-2006, 10:05 PM
if your 3 3.4 continuity is dictated by hasbro's sigma 6...you've got problems, cause i exspect a whole slew of changes...but really who does that? sigma 6 is its own entity

FireFox91
05-29-2006, 10:11 PM
I could have sworn I read somewhere that the cartoon will have Firefly defect to Cobra this season. If so, that was pretty predictable considering we all know him has a lone mercenary or a Cobra agent.

YELSEW
05-30-2006, 03:12 AM
I know this might upset people, but this is just solidifies my view point on Sigma 6. I don't even consider it GI JOE, it is just Sigma 6. A total entity all of its own. Thus, this character has nothing and probably couldn't take the original Firefly (which is my favorite Cobra character)!

gunslingercbr
05-30-2006, 10:16 AM
I know this might upset people, but this is just solidifies my view point on Sigma 6. I don't even consider it GI JOE, it is just Sigma 6. A total entity all of its own. Thus, this character has nothing and probably couldn't take the original Firefly (which is my favorite Cobra character)!
are you kidding. Sigma Firefly would so take RAH Firefly. he's twice the size and has a light sabre. RAH doesn't stand a chance. RAH Firefly would try to throw a grenade and realize the damn thing is molded to his chest and is useless.

cthulhu522
05-30-2006, 02:16 PM
I was sickened by this the first time I saw a pic of the Firefly figure on TNI. I am still sickened by it. And unless something significant happens, I will continue to be sickened by it. But as above, I do not give much weight to Sigma 6 in my Joe Verse.

CGC
05-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Firefly is with Cobra. That bio is erroneous. All problems solved. :p

Dreadnok4life
05-31-2006, 01:32 AM
Well that's stupid. But then again it's Hasbro. Something tells me this line is going to die with a wimper by next year.

paraviper
05-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Firefly to me is and will always be cobra. This is just another reason why i will never own any of that sigma six junk. There was no need at all to go to an 8 inch size figure. I also feel the same way about 2.5 inch.

utrom
05-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Spoilers about Firefly.

I heard in the cartoon he starts on the joes team and then go over to the cobra's.

orionlukteel
05-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Saw the Firefly figure in the stores. I was pretty sure there was a Cobra logo on his chest - but then, I wasn't really looking. You'd think the absence of a Cobra logo would have jumped out at me, but it didn't. (Lack of concentration might have something to do with it) My son even asked me if he was a bad guy, and I said yes.
But we're both holding out for Destro. :D

Now, for those of you who are hopping into yet another Sigma 6 thread to bash, you've been heard. Repeatedly. I get it - I do. But there are some who actually enjoy the figures, if not the cartoon, and to have to wade through post after bashing post gets tiresome. Please, if you can't answer the question directly instead of throwing a random product insult in, reconsider the value of your post.

Thanks. :D

dockingbay97
06-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Mine has a Sig 6 logo. It would be interesting if they were shipping both ways.

orionlukteel
06-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Eh, saw one at lunch and it had an S6 logo. Guess I saw the last one wrong. :D

He'll always be a bad guy to me, no matter which logo he's wearing. Just like Storm Shadow, even though ol' Stormy switched sides somewhere in there.

MikePrime
06-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Firefly is also a pretty pony.:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-MLP-Firefly-My-Little-Pony-Vintage-VGC_W0QQitemZ6062899695QQcategoryZ375QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kp_edge
06-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Firefly is also a pretty pony.:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-MLP-Firefly-My-Little-Pony-Vintage-VGC_W0QQitemZ6062899695QQcategoryZ375QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd hate to see what kind of explosives shoot out of that version.

Deogg
06-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Ugh.

That's all I can really say, just ugh.

Urban Saboteur
06-02-2006, 03:08 AM
I don't own any Sigma 6, but really.. Firefly was with cobra for an awful long time.. and it never stated that he was totally loyal.
It does mention he's freelance... and I am assuming that because the GI JOE team offered the biggest paycheck.. then.. well he sided with them.

Its really not a big deal guys.. I mean.. sure .. they have screwed around with the old character somewhat.. but you guys have blown this way out of proportion.. and are you really surprised.. I aint.. after all most of what hasbro releases now disappoints me.. this isnt any different.

They should just release a set of 12" figures next.

Major Lame
General Dirt
Lt.Garbage
and Captain Crud.

NemesisEnforcerFan

The Faceless Master
06-02-2006, 09:55 AM
I picked up one yesterday
Hmm, a Sigma6 Saboteur ~ interesting specialty for a "Good Guy" :rolleyes:

can anybody care to explain the green & red light sabres?

flash70
06-02-2006, 10:24 AM
You know maybe he still works for Cobra and wants to get in close and take out Duke. It would be a sweet move. This way we only have to deal with multiple snake-eyes figures and no more dukes.

CGC
06-02-2006, 05:00 PM
snip...
I heard in the cartoon he starts on the joes team and then go over to the cobra's.
This sounds good to me, I'll cross my fingers.

MikePrime
06-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Considering how creepy his mask looks, he certainly should be a Cobra.

dansjoes.com
06-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Although Sigma 6 is separate from RAH, I just can't imagine him being good. If he is the same figure from the RAH line, I can't imagine Snake-Eyes working side-by-side w/ him since he was involved in the death of the Hard Master. If you want to read something interesting about Firefly, please click here:

http://dansjoes.com/html/the_history_of_shadow_master.html

Deogg
06-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I finally did it.

I bought a Sigma Six fig.

I saw the Cobra Commander fig at a local Target. After looking at it for a second I figured what the heck, and if I hated it I could use it as a CC statue for a Joe diorama.

Then, I look just to the right of CC and I see Firefly. As much as I ****HATE**** the funky anime reject look, I decide to give it a shot too.

And then, at a local Walmart, I picked up the 1st versions of Snakes and Stormy.

I'm VERY blown away by how many weapons Stormy comes with. He could arm a good three other guys just by himself. Snakes I could see people doing Sam Fisher (from Splinter Cell) customs with.

Firefly, I am just not crazy about the black and gold colors to. Grey instead of the gold would have worked wonders. When the $15 version comes out, I may use this one to do some custom work on.

CC's battle armor He-Man ripoff REALLY takes me back! He doesn't have as much of the reject anime look to him. I'm digging him.

Now I'm just waiting to see how Destro turns out.

MikePrime
06-05-2006, 09:04 PM
The shiny chrome mask on Destro might just do it for me, as far buying Sigma 6 figures is concerned.

This line does get points for giving Firefly, and Snake Eyes, guns that are similar to the originals.

cobrasoldier
06-05-2006, 10:29 PM
CALM DOWN PEOPLE - READ BELOW!!!

"When Firefly was first revealed, he wore his mask, and people only assumed that he was a COBRA, even though he was wearing a Sigma Suit. Did he steal the suit? Was he in disguise? Was he *gasp* a G.I. JOE?!? Couldn't be! But once Toy Fair arrived, it became obvious that Firefly was a Joe, but you could almost instantly see from the look on his face that something wasn't exactly on the "up and up". We were able to get some information shortly thereafter that confirmed that Firefly has a mysterious ace up his sleeve, and in conjunction with a recent interview by the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club, it's pretty much confirmed that Firefly likely betrays the Sigma 6 team in the second season of the cartoon."

The Buffalo Soldier
06-07-2006, 05:24 AM
Firefly to me is and will always be cobra. This is just another reason why i will never own any of that sigma six junk. There was no need at all to go to an 8 inch size figure. I also feel the same way about 2.5 inch.

Yeah, I agree... Firefly is a Cobra, not a Joe. And the odd scales of Sigma Six are pretty useless to me as well. The only figure I've seen which is kinda cool looking is the Sky Bat, but I only like it because it looks like a Micronauts toy, which I also collect. But is it a GI Joe toy? No way.