(Rant) Tired of Overcharging of Shipping and No Packing Material [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : (Rant) Tired of Overcharging of Shipping and No Packing Material

Scrapiron-Scavanger
06-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Thats it, I am getting tired of Paying $20-$30 to have lots shipped to me and all they do is toss all the items in a box, seal it, and send it off parcel post or UPS ground for around $15.

Today I got a lot I won a week and a half ago and the seller just tossed everything in two boxs. The only packing material in each box was a sheet (12"x12") of bubble wrap on the top. Like this will protect a Hurricane, HQ 91, Thunderclap, and numeruous other vehicles.

And about two weeks ago another seller did the same thing. Just tossed everything in a box and sent it off. No bubble wrap, No newspaper, no nothing. A couple of the figures, a vehicle, and the X-30 box that looked great were ruined because she felt that it was just junk. I even insured it and she treated it like (you know what.) I threatened to file a PP claim against her sense USPS won't cover the insurance because it was "improperly packed" to get a partial refund.

Yeah, I spent $50 on your junk just so your could send it to me like you would toss it in the gabage. Hello, used newspaper, free, what's the deal?
I am not sure what I am going to due with this latest seller. Nothing is broken as far as I can tell.

Does anyone else have issues with sellers just treating the stuff you buy with your hard earned money like trash? :mad:

themoney75
06-08-2006, 12:45 AM
i had the same problem.... post office would not go though on the insurance because of poor packing...but the guy i bought it from refunded my money with a little fight but not to much...

zartanspal
06-08-2006, 04:54 AM
I bought 5 loose joe figures from someone here and they shipped them in a large priority box with no packing aside from the ziploc bags they were in. Nothing was damaged though.

carnage717
06-08-2006, 09:52 AM
This happens to me all the time. I got a few tha stick out are a large lot of vehicles I bought about 8 months ago. There was a complete MCC and a few smaller vehicles. The seller just threw them all in a big box and put one small piece of bubble wrap in it. By the time the package arrived the MCC was completely broken with all the major piece have severaly broken parts on them. Another was a Transformer I bought. I bought a Dinobot Slag figure to finish out my Dinobot Collection. Again the seller just tossed the figure in a large box with absoloutely no packing materail. By the time it reached me the tail was broke, the head was broke and the 2 of the arms were bent. The figure went from a c-9 Transformer to pile of junk just because the seller didnt package it. I try to take good care and package my items with plenty of bubble wrap, why some people cant take the extra minute or so to put some newspaper or bubble wrap is beyond. If you go to someplace like Sam's Club you can get a huge roll of bubble wrap for fairly cheap, the same goes for Envelopes and Bubble Mailers.

Brad

orionlukteel
06-08-2006, 10:01 AM
If the item arrives broken because of poor packing, can't you file an "item not as described" claim with PayPal and/or eBay? I've never really had to, and I've never had one filed against me, but I seem to remember the option is there.

If the picture shows an intact item, and the item shows up smashed, I always email the seller first (like with the Tomahawk box I posted about a while back) and since that has always worked out, I've never had to use the "item not as described" claim.

Urban Saboteur
06-08-2006, 10:43 AM
I've never come across this, and whenever I sell my stuff.. whatever it is for whatever the amount I do pack my items as best I can. If i can't afford bubblewrap or can't be bothered going to buy some. Either scrunched up old newspapers or shredded newspaper works well.

I have to agree with you it must be frustrating.. I'd definately take a zero tolerance policy against anyone who done this to me. I dont think cost is the issue.. whether its worth $50 or $5 the item should be packed appropriately.. it all adds to the buyers/sellers experience in the transaction.

Sadly though I think soon as some sellers get your ca$hola they as you say just throw it in the box and send it off with little packaging.. I'd say thats part of them being a poor trader.. if you have paid a P&P fee then the seller should at least have the courtesy to pack the item properly.
NemesisEnforcerFan

gutstheberserker
06-08-2006, 01:58 PM
I have 2 very recent stories for you. I bought a Night Raider MISB off of ebay. The guy took forever to ship and charged me $20 to ship it when it cost $9.20 to ship fully insured.

3 weeks ago I bought an AFA off ebay from a board member who threw it in a priority mail box with no packaging -- the long kind not the square box. He took 2 weeks+ to ship and the case arrived cracked.

I find it amazing that sellers can't figure out that they need to protect the items inside from damage when they ship them. Have they never bought items and had them beat up in shipment or do they just not care?

B.F.B
06-08-2006, 02:40 PM
This happens to me all the time. I got a few that stick out are a large lot of vehicles I bought about 8 months ago. There was a complete MCC and a few smaller vehicles. The seller just threw them all in a big box and put one small piece of bubble wrap in it.

I received an Mcc the other day. The packaging was bubble wrap covered in brown paper, No box at all. Needless to say I found four pieces of tan plastic broken off at the bottom of the package, and the ramp no longer attach's.

I emailed the seller and he said he'd got a friend to package it for him, and even then he was surly I'm gonna negative feedback his arse.

cobrasoldier
06-17-2006, 09:51 AM
This happens a lot and I DO NOT PUT UP WITH IT. :mad: If something breaks because the seller has poor motor skills in combination with not-enough-neurons-firing which in turn make sthem unable to figure out how to ship something safely, the give me money for what is broken that wasn't before. And I do not take no for an answer. I mean, why spend money on collectibles when you are going to cause them to break?

This is why I am so anal about packing. And I think it costs me a bit of money cuz I use a lot of tape, I mean A LOT of tape to keep every inch of the box closed. Plus I use a lot of bubble wrap, peanuts, newswpaper or whatever I have that day. I ship the way I want my stuff to be shipped. So, YES scrapiron-scavenger...I have had it too. Don't put up with it and most times I have found that the seller will try and compensate and if they don't and they blow me off, I go straight to paypal and file the complaint to get my money back. If they are real slackers and don't respond in ten days, you automatically get your money back.

We should start posting the names of bad packers somewhere. To me, that is the most important thing because it you have beautiful collectibles and you pack like your throwing your trash away, then what you receive is just anxiety and a headache!

Aaaahhhhhhh........Thanks for letting me vent!! :D

Scrapiron-Scavanger
06-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Vent time again.

Well I got another lot in the mail and they just put a layer of used plastic grocery sacks on top. :mad: Figures, vehicles, vehicle parts were just tossed in loose, no ziploc sacks, no bubble wrap, heck he didn't bother putting any of it in one of the grocery sacks to help protect them.

And the worse part is in his auction he states:

Packages are shipped with in 1-2 days of payment. I package well when shipping, so the contents will be safe. I will not be held responsible for packages that are lost or damaged without insurance.

Yea a layer of used plastic sacks on top will protect everything. :rolleyes: The worse part is I paid $2 for insurance on top of the $30 to have it shipped. His total shipping cost was $19. Don't they understand Insurance is worthless unless it is decently packed?

I hate getting a box in the mail and when I pick it up I hear everything shift and rattle. :mad:

Oh, and also he states he shipps in 1-2 business days. Paid on the 7th, and he did not ship till the 12th.

I am still going through and figuring out what broke from what before I PM him, but this is just rediculous when you even state in your auction that you pack carefully, and still toss it in a box.

cobrasoldier, I am glad that I could help you vent. I think that I will start a thread in the bad traders section for people to list poorly packing sellers.

onPoint
06-17-2006, 12:58 PM
So I guess I will jump in here and offer my horror story.

I bought a TerrorDrome off of ebay from a guy. It was a complete TD with a beautiful box. I mean one of the best I have ever seen. Immediately after the close of the auction I emailed the seller and told him I really need to have the TD box packed well. I proceeded to tell him the main reason I bought the item was for the box. He said he understood and was going to pack it real well. I even instructed him to pack the box inside another box and to have peanuts all around it.

What I got was the actual TD box filled with peanuts, brown packing paper wrapped around the TD box and that's it! The box had been ripped open, peanuts were streaming out of it. I was so PO'd at this seller. The good thing was the seller had at least insured the box (he at least read this part of my email) and after 4 months I was finally refunded the money for the box. But because it took so long for me to get my refund I wasn't able to leave negative feedback for this seller.

Granted I got some of my money back, but now I have a TD w/o a box and I already had a TD and was only buying this auction for the box.

For anyone who cares, the sellers was pete4521 aka Pete Zias from Pittsburgh, PA.

My thing is, and this is my biggest problem with ebay, is that the sellers take NO responsibility for ANYTHING! If the buyer doesn't ask all the right questions - it's the buyer's fault. If the item is received damaged - it's the buyer's responsibility to resolve it. I have had so many bad experiences on ebay it's not even funny. It just makes me sick that I have to be responsible for everything. I wish ebay would have better policies and a better way to do feedback. I have gotten negative feedback as retaliation because the seller packed things bad and I left them a negative for it. How is that fair?

ebay.....I hate that place!

Shogi
06-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I also have an Ebay TD related story. I found a TD with complete Firebat and instructions and many parts I needed for mine for really cheap. For some starnge reason I felt I should buy insurance (I usually don't, but I did this time) I finally get it in the mail, seller waited almost a week before even shipping it. By this time, I've decided I'm gonna sell what I don't use and even have people on here waiting for parts from it. I open the box and get to see that, first off, there is only about an inch between the edge of the box and the TD itself and secondly, that it seems the seller thought the gun ramparts should be used as packing material for the corners of the box!

I made it a point to take a picture of both Ramparts right then and there for proof and email the seller. Last I heard from him, he said he couldn't see my picture but by the sound of my email, it was broken in shipping (well duh) and that he was seeing what he could do about giving me a refund (That's pretty easy, you pay me money!) I haven't heard from him in a bit and I think I'll drop him another line.

For all those interested here's the pic of my two Ramparts:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/Shogi88/TDRamparts.jpg

I've since glued them back together, but they'll never be the same again. Course they weren't perfect to begin with, I noticed they had been repaired before and had also been glued to the side of the TD at one point