Hey look its the "Who wants a Rumbler filecard Contest?" [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Hey look its the "Who wants a Rumbler filecard Contest?"

GBPackRat
06-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Hey there everyone in joe land...

Its been sometime since I conducted a contest and well, I saw Jim's (CGC's) contest and was thinking, "hey its just about convention time, let's make it a fun time of year". So with out adu, let's get another steller contest rolling...

Please read carefully:

Prize - 1 Rumber Filecard (see attached picture)

Who can enter - I'd like it to go out to someone who isn't going to turn around and just sell it for profit. It'd be really nice to have it land in the hands of someone who would keep it in their collection and treasure it. Its a rather hard piece to come by and hence should be treasured as so. But I can't enforce this any other way then honesty. If you already have a Rumbler filecard, please don't enter, or at least deligate your winnings to someone else who doesn't have who might also have entered the contest. But beyond that, ANYONE ANYWHERE on EARTH can enter. I'll pay the postage no matter where it goes.

The contest - I have a Version B Starduster. I bought him roughly eight years ago. He was mint, but missing all his weapons and filecard. How much did Starduster cost me?

How will I decide the winner - the closest to the price wins.

Tiebreaker 1 - Incase of a tie. In what venue did I get him. (E.g. Second Hand Toy Store, Antique Shop, Flea Market, Garage Sale, Swap Meet, Trade Show, Convention, In Person Trade, Ebay, Online Store, Trade Via Mail, Trade Via Forum, etc...)

Tirebreak 2 - Most interesting story as to how you got your first Starduster. If you don't have one yet, you may pick any other "rare" figure you might own in its place.

Deadline - Midnight July 3rd CST (Sunday/Monday of the Joe Convention).

When will I announce a winner - Monday 5 PM CST of July 3rd.

How will I announce the winner - By E-mailing or PMing the winner and posting their name along with the story of how I got my first Starduster along with the winning entry.

How many times can you enter - Once! You can change your entry as often as you'd like up to the deadline, but you can only have one entry at the time of the deadline. Anymore than one entry and all your entries are disqualfied.

Any other questions, please ask via PM or e-mail. I'll update this post if any other questions come up, so please check this post every once when a while to see if its been updated. If rules are updated due to a question, I'll bump the thread and post an updated date in the thread title for people.

Good luck and have some fun with this! The more fun we have with contests, the more people will want to run them!

Tanner

orionlukteel
06-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Hmm... I'm probably disqualified as staff, but I'm going to take a swipe based on previously known info:

$4.75 plus shipping. :D

picollogoku
06-12-2006, 11:47 PM
I will give it a try 8.80 sounds good

brain
06-13-2006, 05:58 AM
id say probly 2 bucks

gsmiley007
06-13-2006, 06:15 AM
I'll say $13

GBPackRat
06-13-2006, 07:28 AM
Hmm... I'm probably disqualified as staff, but I'm going to take a swipe based on previously known info:

$4.75 plus shipping. :D

EVERYONE is qualifed provided that you only have one entry. This means its fair game for staff as well as members.

Anyone means anyone!

Tanner

Patrick A. Riley
06-13-2006, 08:31 AM
How much did it cost 8 years ago? :confused:

I'll say $12.50

Deadman2099
06-13-2006, 02:33 PM
So, I heard someone knockin' at the door, and when I opened the door there was a girlscout selling cookies, and I asked her how much she wanted for a box of the double choco-mintgoodie cookies. She replied "tree fiffy ($3.50)", and I took a better look at her and it was that Loch Ness Monster again! I told that Loch Ness Monster that I had already given tree fiffy ($3.50) to GBPackrat so he could go buy himself a Starduster Version B. So, he went and bought him a nice weaponless Starduster Version B for tree fiffy ($3.50).

dominic.18
06-13-2006, 05:47 PM
six bucks plus shipping

Cobraghostship
06-14-2006, 01:14 AM
$20 bucks.

Shogi
06-14-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm gonna say you bought it in a lot of other figures and that individually it cost you $0.01

starrcommand
06-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Im going to say 50 cents at a yard sale .... or maybe you went dumpster diving and got if for free but you dropped 2 quarters out of your pocket while your in there so it technically cost you 50 cents. I could be wrong but that would be my guess. ;)

ranger_jer
06-15-2006, 10:04 AM
I'll go with .25 cents, at a yard sale?

The Faceless Master
06-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I'd say $3-
hard to say cuz you prolly got it in either a collection or a figure lot

I have a near mint Rumbler figure w/helmet, no gun
it'd be nice to have an official filecard with him :)

firemanrh
06-16-2006, 09:51 PM
$10.00 dollars

GBPackRat
06-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Wow...

I'm shocked, I thought people would be tripping over themselves at the chance to win a Rumbler filecard...

Only a week left on the guessing. It really doesn't take much, just a min. to post.

Anyone else want in on this before it closes?

Tanner

DfcLifeline
06-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Since no one else went with it. I'm going to say you got it for free.

picollogoku
06-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Wow...

I'm shocked, I thought people would be tripping over themselves at the chance to win a Rumbler filecard...

Only a week left on the guessing. It really doesn't take much, just a min. to post.

Anyone else want in on this before it closes?

Tanner

Oh trust me I want it:D . Speaking of the contest you are doing when are you going to post the winner. It just dawned on me that a lot of us are going to be in New Orleans that week.

GBPackRat
06-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Oh trust me I want it:D . Speaking of the contest you are doing when are you going to post the winner. It just dawned on me that a lot of us are going to be in New Orleans that week.

July 3rd, I think I said 5 PM CST in the post. I'll except entires I think through Sunday.

Details can be found in the first post I made.

Tanner

GBPackRat
07-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Last day to get in on this if you want!

Tanner

willie&joe
07-02-2006, 04:58 PM
I'll say 86 cents.

parallax1779
07-02-2006, 06:16 PM
A buck at a garage sale and Ill say you were so excited you could barely pay for it.

82to87Joes
07-03-2006, 04:26 PM
free & your mom got it for you

i think i missed the deadline but just saw this post so :(

GBPackRat
07-03-2006, 06:20 PM
And the winner is....

ranger_jer who guessed 25 cents at a yard sale!

Now that you've got the winner, here's the back story...

I bought it back when I was a teenager at a garage sale for 30 cents. Why 30, I have no idea. But I was so excited I almost couldn't contain myself! To this day, it still is the best Starduster I own (I've owned a few).

ranger_jer, I'll pm you to get your addy!

Thanks All for playing!

Tanner

Patrick A. Riley
07-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Congrats jer!

I've only ever won contests where I didn't have to do anything

Deadman2099
07-03-2006, 07:48 PM
congrats Ranger Jer

tree fiffy.

ranger_jer
07-05-2006, 10:41 AM
thanx for the congrats guys !
And A BIG THANX for the contest !!!!!
I am a very happy man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
In fact I am so happy that me and cousin Larry will do the "Dance of Joy"
Di-di-da di....
Thanx again !!!!