2006 GI Joe Convention is live & wrap up [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 2006 GI Joe Convention is live & wrap up

dockingbay97
06-22-2006, 12:50 PM
The 2006 GI Joe Convention is nearly upon us.

On Weds June 28 this thread will open up. Please use it for things like:

What the onsite exclusives are
What new things Hasbro is showing
Pictures pictures and more pictures
Any good deals you found
Any other interesting convention stuff
I can't wait to see what everyone will have to share!

dockingbay97
06-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Continued from:
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=38270

Let the live reports begin!

picollogoku
06-28-2006, 12:17 PM
ok......:D :D

The Faceless Master
06-28-2006, 12:36 PM
I'd like to see some pix of the Yojoe booth!! :D

picollogoku
06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I am supposedly getting a press pass so I plan on taking as may pics as possible..

dockingbay97
06-28-2006, 02:21 PM
I am supposedly getting a press pass so I plan on taking as may pics as possible..

What do you do to get a press pass? Just wondering.

picollogoku
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
well some here who owns a website offered it to me. He says I will get it at check in... The guy he was sending got the flu and can't go. He contacted me here. Once I get back he wants me to do a file transfer of all of the photos.

thats the deal I have with him in a nut shell. I not really sure who he is so I am doing the file transfer from the libary just in case.:)

stad
06-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Okay tour goers, what is the bonus item with the con package?!

starrcommand
06-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Update *** I put up marauder johns stuff earlier. I didnt get it all posted but most of it. The price point on the jet is going to be around $30 ... i forgot what he said about the helmet but it will also be mass produced. I put up the newer items coming out this year. I have pix of the all the stuff for sale. Take a look at my site. I just put pix of sgt slaughters first appearance at the parachute drop and pix of the parachute drop.***

Free vehicle is the armadillo .. free fig is a recolored nullifier new sculpt
pix coming in a minute

ok its not letting me .. check my site for pix

My computer keeps blocking all pop ups of any kind for some reason I will try to fix that in the morning ... for now go here for pix:

http://starrcommand.com/06con

PS keep checking the link I will update stuff till sunday!!! For now Im off to bed .. been along day.

picollogoku
06-28-2006, 09:50 PM
the pics are up if you are interested...Sorry to steal your thunder. I was waiting for this so I can go to sleep....:rolleyes: . I really do love the marblization thing... very cool

stad
06-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I see the Armadillo pics on Starr's site, but not the Nullifier pics.

Never mind, I see them all now.

the joe bandit
06-28-2006, 10:01 PM
the pics are up if you are interested...Sorry to steal your thunder. I was waiting for this so I can go to sleep....:rolleyes: . I really do love the marblization thing... very cool

Where are the pics up at?

picollogoku
06-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Starrcommand.com (http://www.starrcommand.com/)

picollogoku
06-28-2006, 10:09 PM
yeah I am not throwing that off a building

stad
06-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Ooh! I see the Nullifier pics, I think I like!! Cobra colors, is it a Cobra symbol too? Maybe I'll make this another Air Viper. Definitely much better than the simple reverse paint job they did last year, I like this a lot more!

picollogoku
06-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey starrcommand thanks for the pics. goodnight. see you guys tommorow.

GBPackRat
06-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Do we have prices on anything yet?

Tanner

gsmiley007
06-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Tanner

No list like last year, won't know until 6:00 pm Thursday

rnrhero
06-29-2006, 02:38 AM
Leaving in about 20 minutes. This is great.... I will have a Lanyard on with Yojoe.com and RNRHERO on it. See you all tonight.

P.S. picollogoku, I have a boxed Ice Sabre with me if you still want it. I figured I would just throw it in the truck just in case you still want it. I will not have internet this weekend so just look me up. I will have some stuff for interroom trading also.

FireFox91
06-29-2006, 03:45 AM
yeah I am not throwing that off a building

The one you get with the set is intended to be kept. If you go to the parachute drop as a "dropper" they will give you more of the same figures at that time to drop off the building. You will get the speech about making sure you do DON'T keep any of the figures that were supposed to be dropped because 1. you were given one to keep, 2. it is what you volunteered to do, and 3. the dropped figures are for the kids as they are the only ones allowed to go pick them up.

So, if anyone does offer to drop the figures... please don't be greedy and just drop them all.

Patrick A. Riley
06-29-2006, 07:13 AM
Well, I'll be saving even more money. Still only getting the Coil Trooper

etmartin
06-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Two years in a row now the free figure and paratrooper has been a recolored figure of the one we got for being a member...

etmartin

zartanspal
06-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Two years in a row now the free figure and paratrooper has been a recolored figure of the one we got for being a member...

etmartin

I guess this years is actually better since it is a noticeble color change unlike the Jungle Viper. I think the Nullifier looks pretty good in those colors.

GBPackRat
06-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah, not digging the new sculpt figure... Dusty and Air Viper rocked, but last years jungle viper and this years drop figure being new sculpt... Not digging it...

Tanner

dockingbay97
06-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Is there a sticker sheet with the Armadillo?

GBPackRat
06-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Is today the drop? If anyones going, I've love to hear about it. I think that was my most favorite thing to do last year. It was really fun watching all those figures fall from the sky and watch the kids run and gather them.

Tanner

dockingbay97
06-29-2006, 10:53 AM
The check in isn't until this evening so the drop won't be until tomorrow or Saturday.

edit - the drop is tomorrow morning

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/neworleans/2006schedule.cfm

GBPackRat
06-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks Nick...

Yup, I remember it was Friday last year as well. Sorry, so excited I got a head of myself by a day.

Tanner

starrcommand
06-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Is there a sticker sheet with the Armadillo?

No sticker sheet. Only the armadillo. I still like it. I think it looks great. I like the marbalized look to it. I think slaughter and his thugs will be great rolling around in it!!

GBPackRat
06-29-2006, 06:14 PM
Here's the first reports from Ben Thomas this evening (he called about 5 min ago):

Vehicle - A Brown/Green Camo Warthog $48

Two Vehicle Set - Two Cobra Ferrets (Confirmed: one matches the Bludd Troops and one matches Overlords Troops, both are marblized) - $25 (Limit 2 on Thursday Night, 2 on Friday Night).

Renegades 3 Pack - $50
Sgt. Slaughter - $25

Moth Op. #2 - Desert Set (Flak Viper? and Range Viper) Don't have a price. Will be for sale there, Ben called it lame.

Armadillo does have a decal sheet, but they are late in shipping, I guess you can come back later at the con to get it.

Tanner

etmartin
06-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Ummmm...Ferrets...good vehicle...could be the best part of the set, kind of like the Sky Hawks.

Thanks,
etmartin

tank1976
06-29-2006, 06:23 PM
I hope all of u have a great time at the Convention this yr. I was not able to go do to work,family, ect... But keep sending us back info and picks. :D :cool: :)

GBPackRat
06-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Updated my post on page 3 to reflect prices on everything and new updated information.

Tanner

etmartin
06-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Too bad I can't get a hold of Deadshot to tell him to pick me up another set of Ferrets. That would be great...

Oh well...maybe I'll have to pick up some off the website after.

etmartin

etmartin
06-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Saw the pics of the Ferrets and the next MOTH set over on Joecustoms. Great stuff with the Ferrets. The Moth Set looks kind of plain...but I'm a sucker for a Range Viper...

Thanks,
etmartin

Chuckles32
06-29-2006, 07:16 PM
You and me both Ed. Deadshot was supposed to call me when he is in line so I can tell him which ones I would want. Still hoping he calls tonight or tomorrow so I can put my money more where I want it to be, I did tell him only one of any Joe thing, two if possible of any Cobra/etc stuff.

etmartin
06-29-2006, 07:27 PM
I told him to get me a bagged set, one each of the vehicles, the comic, and hopefully the Armadillo.

Wasn't interested in the Renegades/Slaughter set. Might try to sell the extra army builders to recoup some of my cost on the set though. I really only wanted one each of the figs. Maybe I'll trade some of the builders for the Renegade set...

Don't know, but I do want some of those Ferrets though...

Thanks,
etmartin

Lody
06-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Am I missing the website? Where are there pics of the Warthog and Ferrets?

The Faceless Master
06-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Heres a pic of the Warthog from the MC Website
http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/neworleans/2006souvenirs.cfm

it most likely will be an updating website

Patrick A. Riley
06-29-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm wondering if the #2 MOTH set is the "finished" product. Great colors for a desert theme, but yeah, it still does look kinda plain
I'm a sucker for Flak Viper and Range Viper, but I'm not paying the $61 price for non-members :mad:

etmartin
06-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Sent you an e-mail Patrick...

LMK,

Thanks,
etmartin

Skystriker
06-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Dave sent email and $

Thanks
Marc

Bravo
06-29-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm wondering if the #2 MOTH set is the "finished" product. Great colors for a desert theme, but yeah, it still does look kinda plain
I'm a sucker for Flak Viper and Range Viper, but I'm not paying the $61 price for non-members :mad:

Yeah, At $25 I'd be crazy enough to talk myself into the MOTH sets. But I'm not joining the club.

I see two more Cobra "we swear they aren't army builders" were chosen.

scm
06-29-2006, 09:17 PM
toy news international has posted this years convention exclusives on their site, here's the link if you want to check them out http://toynewsi.com

wedge1968
06-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Will we be seeing any new forthcoming toys at this convention? I am wondering if there are any new comic book packs on the horizon.

yo-man2
06-29-2006, 09:24 PM
wow...they have the ferret available; these small vehicles are what they need to put out, the skyhawk ect that we know they have most of

starrcommand
06-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey we never did find out who won the convention sets??

Also I have updated pix of all the exclusives, see my website below in my signature.

prices are as follows:

Renegades --- $50
Slaughter ---- $ 25
Worthog --- $48
Ferret ATV 2 pack --- $25
Moth #1 Jungle set ---$25
Moth #2 Desert set ---- $25

Also the tax on these is 9% so after taxes they are as follows:

Renegades --- $54.50
Slaughter ---- $ 27.25
Worthog --- $52.32
Ferret ATV 2 pack --- $27.25
Moth #1 Jungle set ---$27.25
Moth #2 Desert set ---- $27.25

samluvsjoes
06-29-2006, 10:39 PM
If there is any way anyone can get me a Warthog I would appreciate it. PM or e-mail me if you can.
Thanks!
Sam

GBPackRat
06-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Wow,

Those Ferrets are sick!

I'm hoping Ben's able to get ne 3 sets...

I'm such a sucker for Ferrets!

Tanner

cobrasoldier
06-29-2006, 11:54 PM
wow those prices are h-i-g-h-w-a-y-------r-o-b-b-e-r-y.....wow....Of course I am just jealous cuz' I can't be there ;)

David Clark
06-29-2006, 11:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone else think Mastercollector should of pick an different vehicle than the " Armadillo " for this year bonus vehicle.

I think mastercollector should of pick the Cobra Rage vehicle for this convention bonus vehicle. In my opinion the Cobra Rage would of work better with this years figure set

GI Steevy
06-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Will we be seeing any new forthcoming toys at this convention? I am wondering if there are any new comic book packs on the horizon.
We won't see any product images until Friday afternoon, at the earliest

Deadshot
06-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Too bad I can't get a hold of Deadshot to tell him to pick me up another set of Ferrets. That would be great...

Oh well...maybe I'll have to pick up some off the website after.

etmartin

Hey I got the message earlier from Chuckles32 I'll be picking you up an extra set of the ferrets for you. You should have recieved a PM from Chuckles about this.

Chuckles... sorry for not calling you.. toatally slipped my mind, but I will be able to pick up those moth sets for you.

I like what I'v eseen but I'll be lucky to get the last three slaughters I need that I have been payed for.

All I need to get is Etmartin's warthog, 2 ferrets, comic

Condorknights
2 sets, 2 bagged sets, warthog, ferrets, slaughter, renegades, and moth sets.

chuckles i need to get 2 of each moth set and a nullifier if i can swing it.

static's 2 slaughters and renegades will be the last of the slaughters i can get ( that I have been payed for.. i'm not gonna puch my luck and try for more. I only have so much money)

Peter

But I have been having a blast.. snagged De Aco and a perfect viper pilot allready

Flagg hunter
06-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Those Ferrets are awesome and reasonably priced when you consider what the old ones sell for on ebay. I would like up to three sets, so I'd appreciate it if anyone could pick them up for me. Thanks,

Michael
Novi, MI

Lody
06-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Where are there pictures of the Ferrets?

Lody
06-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey Star!

Are you able to pick any things else up? I am interested in the Ferrets and possiblly the Warthog. I could Paypal you the money if possible.

If Star is unavailable-Anyone else?

dansjoes.com
06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm needing everything from the convention. I thought I had someone lined up a few months ago, but it fell through. I had someone recently lined up, but I couldn't get the $$ to them quick enough...sorry...is anyone else willing to help out. Email me or PM me. I'll check my email after work tonight. Thanks. Dan

Static
06-30-2006, 11:44 AM
If anyone can get me both styles of the Ferrets and the Warthog please PM me. I'll go ahead and send the money via PayPal if necessary. Had I known that they were selling, I would've done this earlier.

starrcommand
06-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I just put pix of sgt slaughters first appearance at the parachute drop and pix of the parachute drop. Oh and they had the parachute drop on the news here!!! YAY

check my site in my signature.

Patrick A. Riley
06-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Slaughter put that poor kid in the Cobra Clutch. He's gone bad again! ;) :p

orionlukteel
06-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Man, the pics of that parachute drop has me humming "Ride of the Valkyries" :D

(Wagner/Apocalypse Now reference for those who haven't heard/seen it)

Looks like you guys have some beautiful weather out there - wish I could be there to meet Sarge and the rest of you guys!

Have a blast and keep the pics coming!

rynsmth77
06-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know which local news station was at the parachute drop? I'd like to hunt down that story.

samluvsjoes
06-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know which local news station was at the parachute drop? I'd like to hunt down that story.

Judging from the pic on Starrcommand.com, I'd say FOX 8 News. But of course, I can't be sure.
Sam

themoney75
06-30-2006, 02:47 PM
mastercollector has pics up of the drop, and of the first day.

code red shockwave
06-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Oh my good lord...Vipers in RAH form. It's a miracle!!! See the thread:
http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=2017504&st=0&gopid=16185754&#entry16185754

The only let down about that set has to be the use of the ambush rifles. I don't understand, I thought Hasbro still had the mold for the original rifle, since it was used with a sound attack tab for the 2002 JvC Beach-Head. Heck, they could have used the grenade launcher that came with Gung-Ho. I hope they become just a little more affordable to get because of this. Other than that, I'm getting my hands on these babies!

There's also new sculpt Steel Brigade figures...sure beats the Anti-Venom squad, who tried to imitate their likeness.

Agent Orange
06-30-2006, 03:00 PM
I hope those aren't the only new 3 3/4" things at the con. At least that's what I've heard so far.

WHERE ARE THE VEHICLES!?!?!??!

-

thoughtcrime
06-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Wow, those pics couldnt be any worse. I guess we're finally getting a six-pack of RAH Vipers huh? Good thing I skipped the lame Lockdown.

Agent Orange
06-30-2006, 03:03 PM
And Falcon's beret is still NOT green!!!1

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :(

Patrick A. Riley
06-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Regular Vipers are not my cup o' tea, but it's still ARAH

Links to clearer pics here:
http://www.joesightings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3681&st=0

zartan85
06-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Two Steel Brigade six pack's and I'm done buying this year! ahh maybe 1 viper pack....! Hmmm it makes you wonder...brand new 2.5 stuff coming out for Sigma Six vehicles and figures, and the usual scale Sigma Six figures for the fall...and it looks like a famine for new 3 and 3/4 inch stuff so far (and I do mean so far, hopefully there's more in store) oh well...**** the steel brigade and the viper 6 packs is enough for me!

The Faceless Master
06-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Holy cow!! a 6-pack divided within itself? :eek:
I believe am gonna pick up at least several of these

anybody else's keyboard drenched with drool over the Vipers Pit 6-pack??
am picking up a bunch of these, too bad they arent Viper Rifles tho...

Chuckles32
06-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Okay, I was set to drool and still will buy plenty, but seeing new upper thighs is cool, but still with BAT boots? Quibble quibble I know, but I hate those boots even though I got tons of the newer vipers with them!

NewKid
06-30-2006, 03:53 PM
anybody else's keyboard drenched with drool over the Vipers Pit 6-pack??

My keyboard and my underwear. They finally made vipers look like vipers again.....:D

I'm so excited. Thanks for the pics guys. Looks like wave 4 is going to be a good one.

Skystriker
06-30-2006, 03:56 PM
I love it, i love it, i love it.

I hope theres more havent heard about comic packs yet or any other arah style joes........but i dont want to get to worried....

ps any rumors about where next years con will be?

Bravo
06-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Eh, the Vipers still got BAT butts, too. But they recasted the thighs? I'm more concerned if they fixed the neck so they aren't all looking down. I supposed there's concern that these will devalue the 1986 Vipers on the after market and...I could not care less.

Steel Brigade vs. Plague somebodies. The bad guys save the pack,

Skystriker
06-30-2006, 04:39 PM
its a nice idea! why has that been thought of before? or has it?

Is it me or is Hasbro willing to remold some key lost figures bodyparts lately. The vipers remolded, new head of MC con set mercer a retooled Sgt Slaughter head..new comic pack figures Horrowshow, Hannibal, Cobra Commander v21 (head) Zap v3 (Head), Stormavik (head)....

maybe, just maybe we might get the v1 EELs and v1 BATS and others.......if these re-released vipers go well maybe they will be inclined to start doing more.....put me down for 10 viper pits please....

maybe Hasbro is waiting until the 25 anniversary

danyanda
06-30-2006, 04:52 PM
I'll be getting probably 4 Viper packs (since I already do have a bunch of Vipers). The Steel Brigade pack has some nice heads (for customs) and some nice gear but I remain unimpressed by new sculpts. Oh, well, I hope we still see a few more comic packs.

wedge1968
06-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Are the Steel Brigade people new characters, or am I failing to recognize them?

I'll have to see the helmets again, but I wasn't blown away. I really like the Steel Brigade concept, and I've just about finished my 12 man squad. I am not sure if I'll bite on these or not.

Stileto
06-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Bobby i just sent you the money for the renegades, thanxs!

Stileto
06-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Here are better pics of new stuff too:
http://www.joesightings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3681&st=0

Patrick A. Riley
06-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Are the Steel Brigade people new characters, or am I failing to recognize them?

One is Luke Ellison, aka YoJoe member SalvoDeli, who won the contest to become a Joe figure.

freak4ll
06-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Any word on the file names of the steel brigade vs. plague pack, besides Luke Ellison?

MikePrime
06-30-2006, 08:05 PM
I must have those new six-packs. I might even get two of the Viper six-packs. Now, I do wish that they had their original guns, but the Vipers are well armed, regardless.

The wave 4 figures are, nice, at best. Some are good, like Munitia and the Cobra Officer, but the rest are kind of dull, especially the Night Viper.

starrcommand
06-30-2006, 08:49 PM
i posted the new stuff coming out. Sorry I was late but my girlfriend had some stuff she wanted to do first. Take a look if you already havent

tripwire
06-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Hey Dave, I have been trying to send you a PM, but your box if full!

Tim F.
06-30-2006, 09:31 PM
No comic 3 packs??? Just two 6 packs and that's it? Or will they show the "Coming Soon" stuff tomorrow?

Viper Commander
06-30-2006, 09:34 PM
WOW! :eek: Those Viper Unit Packs + Maurauder's NVR rifles = Im gonna be so broke this fall...:D

With the name Viper Commander you know I am loving that new Viper 6 pack.

samluvsjoes
06-30-2006, 09:46 PM
That one guy with the sword in the plague set looks awesome. And man, is my wife gonna hate me in September.
Sam

themoney75
06-30-2006, 10:15 PM
i posted the new stuff coming out. Sorry I was late but my girlfriend had some stuff she wanted to do first. Take a look if you already havent

hey thanks for takeing your time to post pics.

The 100% Argento Outback
06-30-2006, 11:21 PM
WOW! :eek: Those Viper Unit Packs + Maurauder's NVR rifles = Im gonna be so broke this fall...:D

With the name Viper Commander you know I am loving that new Viper 6 pack.

If you decide to sell your New sculpts Blue vipers and buy the new ones...i can help you Mike ;)

slap happy
07-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Hey, does anybody have some pics of the Marauder Inc table and their new wave 3 prototypes?

orionlukteel
07-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Dave,
Nice closeup on Outback - sweet figure! I thought they were prevented from using the nickname??? Not that I mind, I'm diggin' it!

starrcommand
07-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Hey, does anybody have some pics of the Marauder Inc table and their new wave 3 prototypes?

I will take some tomorrow and post them as soon as I can. Keep checking and I will get them up. They will be on the second page of the con!

I posted some pix of the tours tonight ... you should take a look there was some really cool stuff we got to see on thursday of the swamp tour, mardi gras, and aquarium.

PS Thanx Pat ... im glad everyone likes my pix and coverage of the con. This was my first year doing the coverage and Im glad everyone likes it. If I make it next year I will do it again.

The Faceless Master
07-01-2006, 02:27 AM
I will take some tomorrow and post them as soon as I can. Keep checking and I will get them up. They will be on the second page of the con!
David, I am curious about MarauderJohns JET
plz make sure there are good pix of that as well, thanks much!! :D

freak4ll
07-01-2006, 03:47 AM
Any word on the file names of the Star Brigade - Plague set yet, besides Luke Ellison.

wedge1968
07-01-2006, 07:34 AM
I read on another site that another site yet had pictures of the filecards. I also remember reading that the filecards were written by the winner. However, I haven't been able to find it all yet. I was hoping someone would have posted it by now.

I guess I'll do some digging.

wedge1968
07-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Ok, here should be the pictures of the filecards:

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2006_GIJoe_Convention%2FDay_2_Hasbro%2FDTC-TRU_Exlusives&start=15

Here is where the discussion of who wrote the filecards takes place:

http://www.joesightings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3681

Skystriker
07-01-2006, 08:59 AM
I wonder if the plague is going to be a new story line in the comic series created by Hama?

Patrick A. Riley
07-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Steel Brigade code names: Red Zone, Rook & Checkpoint
Plague Trooper code names: Guillotine, Gallows & Grim Skull

stad
07-01-2006, 10:06 AM
I did not see Wave 3 at Marauder Johns table. Doesn't mean they weren't there, but I don't think they were. The jet is an A-10, looks to be in scale, and is beautiful!! Cockpit even has the control wheel inside. Also has bombs that attach to the bottom, looks really well done.

rynsmth77
07-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Could someone take pictures some of the tables and the sales room in general? Please?

tank1976
07-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Some of those 2.5 figures look awesome!!!! Will those be sold everywhere or not?? How much??

slap happy
07-01-2006, 10:49 AM
I did not see Wave 3 at Marauder Johns table. Doesn't mean they weren't there, but I don't think they were. The jet is an A-10, looks to be in scale, and is beautiful!! Cockpit even has the control wheel inside. Also has bombs that attach to the bottom, looks really well done.

HOLY CRAP!!! AN A-10!!! That's practically a Cobra Rattler. Sweet.

He posted on here a couple of days ago that he'd have the scaled down wave 3 prototypes at the con. Maybe he packed them in his other suitcase.

KolobosRexx
07-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Tese two new 6-packs look FREAKING AMAZING!!!!:eek: Can't wait!!!

Dakemesh
07-01-2006, 12:31 PM
The Viper 6 pack is a must buy.

I also really dig the Sigma 6 Zartan (http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2006_GIJoe_Convention%2FDay_2_Hasbro%2F8_Inc h_Sigma_6&pic=IMG_0655.jpg&dispsize=800&start=15) as well as Shipwreck (his monkey looks like a mini, angry wookie). Who's the big guy with the Bazooka? It looks like he's got Heavy Duty's arms.

starrcommand
07-01-2006, 12:44 PM
marauders is posted

utrom
07-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Some of those 2.5 figures look awesome!!!! Will those be sold everywhere or not?? How much??

Far as I know they are $6.99 for the figures. As to were they are sold all I can think of right now is toysrus or less wal-mart and k-mart decides to order them.:cool:

utrom
07-01-2006, 12:55 PM
The Viper 6 pack is a must buy.

I also really dig the Sigma 6 Zartan (http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=2006_GIJoe_Convention%2FDay_2_Hasbro%2F8_Inc h_Sigma_6&pic=IMG_0655.jpg&dispsize=800&start=15) as well as Shipwreck (his monkey looks like a mini, angry wookie). Who's the big guy with the Bazooka? It looks like he's got Heavy Duty's arms.

The big guy with the bazooka is Grandslam.:cool:

Dakemesh
07-01-2006, 01:00 PM
The big guy with the bazooka is Grandslam.:cool:

AHA! Cool, thanks.

joebahama
07-01-2006, 01:08 PM
You know I think the 2.5 Sigmas may actually be going somewhere. They are pretty neat.

slap happy
07-01-2006, 01:16 PM
marauders is posted

WOW!!! That's just awesome! Can't imagine that it'll be cheap but still it's awesome.

Flophouse
07-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Has MC said when this set will be available for those who aren't at the Con?

The Faceless Master
07-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Oh great :mad:
looks like Firefly isnt the only Sigma6 item i'm gonna have in my collection
man, this Stormy, CC & Zartan look good!! :eek:

~ Dave, thanks for the pix of the Marauderjet :D

starrcommand
07-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Price point on the marauder jet is supposed to be $30 ... and it will have two versions.

Super Sport
07-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks for all the pics SC!

starrcommand
07-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Also john said that he is only going to get about 500 of the jets. The price might be as high as 40 but he wont know until he meets with UPS this week. Shipping will effect the final price. The helmet I got the info for the guy. I will post it when I get back. For anyone that bought items from me they have all shipped. The stickers for the Armadillo never showed up. I will have to contact MC next week and have them shipped to me and I will get them out to you.
Later guys,
Enjoy
Dave

Deadshot
07-01-2006, 05:20 PM
The stickers for the Armadillo never showed up. I will have to contact MC next week and have them shipped to me and I will get them out to you.

I am in the same boat here. I'll be shipping out stuff tomorrow.

When I get the stickers I will mail them to everyone who needs them.

Peter

stad
07-01-2006, 06:08 PM
You know I think the 2.5 Sigmas may actually be going somewhere. They are pretty neat.

Despite what the Hasbro guys say, I get the distinct feeling looking at the displays that Sigma will head more towards the 2.5 and shy away from the 8 inch line. Nobody said anything towards that, it's just a general feeling I get looking at the upcoming product and the huge push for the 2.5

mack31
07-01-2006, 06:11 PM
can some one tell me when are they do out?

Dirge
07-01-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm about 2 hours from New Orleans, and I am curious if there is ANY point to Coming down for Sunday at the con?

Are any of the exclusives left? Dealer room still stocked?

Anything that would make the drive and ticket worth it?
Also how much would a ticket be?
I'm interested in mostly Carded Stuff, and the Slaughter and Renegades Con Figures. Any one have any info that will help me decide about coming down in the morning?

Lody
07-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Speaking of the sticker sheets for the Armadillo-are they pre-cut this year or do you have to do it yourself like last year?

Lody
07-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Anyone know what the deal is with the Alley Viper helmet on Starcommands website? Wicked cool!

dockingbay97
07-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Speaking of the sticker sheets for the Armadillo-are they pre-cut this year or do you have to do it yourself like last year?

My understanding is there is no sticker sheet for the Armadillo

The 100% Argento Outback
07-02-2006, 12:11 AM
By the way... where is the triple "T"...?

themoney75
07-02-2006, 01:32 AM
Anyone know what the deal is with the Alley Viper helmet on Starcommands website? Wicked cool!

i think it was entry in a custom contest.

GI Steevy
07-02-2006, 01:32 AM
By the way... where is the triple "T"...?
No Triple T (mold probably lost), so we got the Armadillo and Warthog instead

stad
07-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Dirge- Pretty much all of the exclusives are still available. The dealer room is fairly well stocked still, but there wasn't a whole lot to begin with. If you're only two hours away, it's probably worth it. I believe a general admission ticket at the door is $9, but it may be less.

Lody- Sticker sheets for the Armadillo still have not arrived, they will be shipped out after the con, so I can't really tell you if they are pre-cut. But there ARE sticker sheets for it, or at least there will be.

The Triple T was not available (thankfully!) due to the mold for the treads were either destroyed or unable to find.

The orange Alley Viper helmet and the blue A-10 are both at Marauder John's booth. I don't think the helmet is his, but it's been there all weekend.

slap happy
07-02-2006, 03:25 AM
Still none of those promised new, crazy "wave 3" prototypes aside from the A-10 at the Marauder Inc table?

... this is the last time I'll ask about this I swear.

Dune Echo
07-02-2006, 12:53 PM
They're Hela-Viper's. He posted about them here:
http://www.joebattlelines.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6554
His Cremeans Creations page is here:
http://hometown.aol.com/seaadventurer70/page3.html

Contact him if interested because he told me he has already sold half of what he produced.

Lody- Sticker sheets for the Armadillo still have not arrived, they will be shipped out after the con, so I can't really tell you if they are pre-cut. But there ARE sticker sheets for it, or at least there will be.
Has MC confirmed which faction (Skull Squad, Coil, Mortal, Renegades) that the Armadillo belongs to? It doesn't quite match the Warthog and looks more like a Skull Squad vehicle to me, which in turn leaves Cobra Mortal to hoof-it to the assassination. Yay...

Super Sport
07-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Still none of those promised new, crazy "wave 3" prototypes aside from the A-10 at the Marauder Inc table?

I second that.

On a side note, someone suggest to Marauder John that he make his next run of NVR's in grey. Either way, black or grey, I know thats probably what my VIPER PIT snakes will be carrying.

estanley1974
07-02-2006, 02:07 PM
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2006_GIJoe_Convention%2FDay_3_Customs_And_Di os&start=0

Viper Commander
07-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Just wow... that is dedication, did one man build that castle by himself?

etmartin
07-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Well,

What was the line given this year about next years con? Still getting the details together to let us know in November?

My con thoughts this year...

It seemed that this year there wasn't as much excitement about the convention outside of those that went. What was the attendance like from those that went?

We didn't see the For Sale thread that acted as the dealer room for those of us that went to the con. There wasn't much to discuss in the way of new Joes at the con. Even the con set was kind of mediocre. I was EXCITED about the MARS Attacks set last year. I loved the Mech and the Sky Hawks. Really the only disappointment was the junk Hydrofoil. This year, the only thing that got my excite on was the Ferrets. And I dig the Armadillo...but no stickers...what's up with that.

I think even is reflecting the mediocrity of this con. The set seems to be selling fairly light on ebay and the individual army builder figures are also selling cheap. For an army builder set that seems odd...

Was this as exciting for you? Am I the only one that almost feels relieved I missed this one? Has the excitement level dropped? Or have I imagined this?

Your thoughts...

Thanks,
etmartin

code red shockwave
07-02-2006, 05:21 PM
I would be excited if it ends up in Chicago...then I could drive there one day to meet you guys. If it doesn't go to Illinois anytime soon, chances are I won't be going.

Skystriker
07-02-2006, 05:32 PM
any news on next years con? I know last year was the first year they didnt annouce the location and several problems and rumors ran wild because the location wasnt set. What about the 07 con?

Will it be billed as an anniversary year from the gijoe 3 3/4/?

I just havent seen or read news about Hasbros plans form the upcoming year.

Skystriker
07-02-2006, 05:43 PM
not for me but.....I dont know but maybe the casual GiJoe fans went on a hiatus.......I thought the gijoe revival has peaked and only those diehards will remain. The casual collector will fade away and treat the last 4 years as a fad.

Maybe hasbro has seen this before and is trying to prepare with the launching of the 2.5 line in the hopes of sequeezing everything out of the GiJoe line. Maybe the exc's at Hasbro figure lets do everything we can do to get as much out of the GiJoe brand. Lets try every type of toy product and line before it we eventually sell off the license to a small market producer that will cater to the collector base (i.e 12 in joe line to MC)

I honestly feel, the end of the 3 3/4 line is coming within the next year or so and hasbro will offer the collectors what they want and then end the line........ so we might get more army builders and the only new 3 3/4 we will get will be produced by other merchants like Master collectors and maybe even Marauraders INC.

I hope I'm wrong maybe I feel this way since the only news I have heard about the future of the 3 3/4 line has been the Plague and Viper 6 packs........

sorry for the rant just worried.....

spiderpumpkin
07-02-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm almost home from the convention. I'm waiting for my connecting flight here in Detroit.

Overall, the convention wasn't as fun as the first one I attended last year in Minneapolis. The biggest disappointment was the salesfloor which was very small and not much left after the first hour that I saw. I managed to buy a lot of great ARAH army builders within the first 5 minutes at 2pm Friday but after that I had a hard time finding anything good to buy. I bought a few more things at the club booth on Saturday and a few accessories at another booth but that's all the salesfloor amounted to for me.

The Cobra Mortal con figure is awesome and I wouldn't mind having a huge army of these. So far I have 3 and they look so cool. The other army builders from the con set are cool too. I wish both troopers would have come with helmets.

The custom displays were very well done this year and that was definitely a highlight. I spent about 1 minute in the Hasbro booth to see the new Viper 6-pack but the Sigma stuff didn't interest me and I walked on by.

The Hasbro roundtable gave some promising hopes for 2007 and the 3 3/4" line. It sounds like they want to do something big like the Terror Drome or Flagg. But who knows.

The ARAH history and concept seminars were very good and even thought the AT seminar was interesting. However, I was really hoping that Mark Bellamo would be there like last year and give some great seminars like last year at the Marriot. For the most part they didn't have many seminars and the number seemed to decrease over last year. They didn't have the quiz show or any custom seminars either.

The courtesy room was a joke too because everytime I went in there they were out of food and drinks even with another hour or two to go.

To sum it up, last year was much more fun and I hope next year is more like 2005 then 2006

Bravo
07-02-2006, 09:45 PM
not for me but.....I dont know but maybe the casual GiJoe fans went on a hiatus.......I thought the gijoe revival has peaked and only those diehards will remain. The casual collector will fade away and treat the last 4 years as a fad.

Probably, more fair-weather fans will depart over the coming months, that already began when Valor vs. Venom ended. As much as some harped about the benefits of online availability of DTC, not having it in stores for 8 months hurt the fan/collector base...and, yes, the kids/parents who bought 3 3/4" before DTC as well.

the only new 3 3/4 we will get will be produced by other merchants like Master collectors and maybe even Marauraders INC.

Master Collector, yes. Marauder Inc., no. No offense to them, but GI JOE and Hasbro go hand-in-hand. Pawning off part of Star Wars license made sense, but they aren't gonna do that with a company symbol. I could see a small merchant doing a 3 3/4" line of non-GI JOE characters someday.

starrcommand
07-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Im finally home. I got stuck in Tampa for 1 & 1/2 hrs because of a storm. Stupid airline left everyones luggage out in the rain uncovered and wouldnt go out to cover it up. I complained and Im supposed to call back tomorrow about it. My luggage is soaked right now. Thank fully I brought all my stuff back in my carry on and I shipped everyones stuff from the con. Might have been a little pricey but was well worth it to get stuff insured!!!

I left before the sale room opened today so I dont know if they announced next years con. I hope so. I hope it is somewhere nice, and somewhere I want to go!!! This year wasnt too bad. I enjoyed myself. I got some trading done w/ some fello yojoers. Got to meet some nice guys. And I got to see another part of the US i have never been to before. And it was my first time in a casino.

The Lord of Steel
07-03-2006, 04:34 AM
I really appreciate the effords Maraudersinc. does, but is this Thunderbold not a little bit too similar to the original Rattler? I can imagine some people at Hasbro will say it's a little bit over the line.

I'm a little bit sceptical about the 2007 anniversaty line.

The collectors world can't support a line consisting of new molded figures. Maybe Hasbro just believes Sigma 6 will had its best time by the end of 2007, so they have to give GIJoe a new direction.

But this would mean the line will be kids oriented in the first place. And a new Flagg ??? Hasbro has been telling the last couple of years that GIJoe was and is not popular to justifie the costs for a new flagg.

nemesis
07-03-2006, 05:17 AM
I really appreciate the effords Maraudersinc. does, but is this Thunderbold not a little bit too similar to the original Rattler? I can imagine some people at Hasbro will say it's a little bit over the line.

I'm assuming the only people that would need to be approached for a license would be Fairchild-Republic, the makers of the A-10 Thunderbolt II. The Marauder jet is a dead copy of the actual A-10 (check out the pics on wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-10)). Given that Marauder are calling it the A-10 they must have been licenced - or the A-10 is outside of the patent?? period and therefore fair game for copying.

Now, if they made it a VTOL, added another engine at the rear and stuck cobra stickers all over it ... then maybe Hasbro could complain :D

As it is I'm stoked that they are making this for sale. Put me down for 2!!

The Lord of Steel
07-03-2006, 06:11 AM
The set seems to be selling fairly light on ebay and the individual army builder figures are also selling cheap. For an army builder set that seems odd...

I'm waiting until the items will be available on MC, because the prices they ask on ebay and some internet webshops are really crazy at the moment.

i understand that people who visited the convention want to try to get back some of their travelling costs by putting some extra stuff on ebay, but some auctions have a buy it now price 2x the convention price.

convention stuff is rarely sold out, so why paying double the price if you can get it much cheaper at MC's website within a few days? even if you're not a MC member.

starrcommand
07-03-2006, 08:54 AM
The collectors world can't support a line consisting of new molded figures. Maybe Hasbro just believes Sigma 6 will had its best time by the end of 2007, so they have to give GIJoe a new direction.

No we cant but if the hasbro reps ever made it over to the kids table, MC set up a table with toys for the kids to play with, they would have seen almost nothing but 3 & 3/4 inch toys being played with. Trust me I was at the shipping booth all day saturday and it is literally right next to it. There was always kids in the booth and pretty much the only thing they touched was the 3 3/4 stuff. I saw one kid trying to play with the sigma stuff but he got tired of it and went to our stuff instead. It was a real eye opener for me. I wish hasbro would have seen it. Even little girls seemed to like playing with them.

Patrick A. Riley
07-03-2006, 09:10 AM
No we cant but if the hasbro reps ever made it over to the kids table, MC set up a table with toys for the kids to play with, they would have seen almost nothing but 3 & 3/4 inch toys being played with. Trust me I was at the shipping booth all day saturday and it is literally right next to it. There was always kids in the booth and pretty much the only thing they touched was the 3 3/4 stuff. I saw one kid trying to play with the sigma stuff but he got tired of it and went to our stuff instead. It was a real eye opener for me. I wish hasbro would have seen it. Even little girls seemed to like playing with them.
They'd need a video to believe it ;) :rolleyes:

Agent Orange
07-03-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm assuming the only people that would need to be approached for a license would be Fairchild-Republic, the makers of the A-10 Thunderbolt II. The Marauder jet is a dead copy of the actual A-10 (check out the pics on wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-10)). Given that Marauder are calling it the A-10 they must have been licenced - or the A-10 is outside of the patent?? period and therefore fair game for copying.

Now, if they made it a VTOL, added another engine at the rear and stuck cobra stickers all over it ... then maybe Hasbro could complain :D

As it is I'm stoked that they are making this for sale. Put me down for 2!!

The term "A-10" is a government-assigned name and is thus in the public domain. Anyone can make as many toy A-10s as they want and sell them under that name.

Indeed, Lockheed-Martin tried to license the (military-assigned) names of their F-16 and F-22 fighters a few years back (for liscensing video games based on them). Lockheed even tried to take a few companies to court, but all the cases got tossed out.

CGC
07-03-2006, 11:05 AM
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2320&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2319&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2318&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2317&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2316&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2315&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2314&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2313&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2312&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2311&cat=573

CGC
07-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Could someone take pictures some of the tables and the sales room in general? Please?
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2281&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2280&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2279&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2278&cat=573

orionlukteel
07-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the great pics, Jim!

A couple of quick questions - general questions, I guess, could be answered by anyone.

1. Having never been to a Joe con, what's the parachute drop about? There was a post earlier about promising to drop the figure, not keep it. Sounds like the figures are designated for kids? (That'd be cool, just curious)

2. About how many separate dealer tables were available? From the pics I see Hasbro's and Marauder's stuff, but can't discern very many others. Were the customs (awesome all around, BTW) in the same hall?

Thanks in advance!

GBPackRat
07-03-2006, 11:23 AM
How was the dinner this year?

Tanner

Lody
07-03-2006, 12:42 PM
I am concerened with the overall satisfaction of the convention from what I have heard and read. Even more disheartening is the SERIOUS lack of Ebay auctions which have actually DECLINED since Friday for the 2006 convention. I was fortunate to pick up the set with both free give aways but I am holding off on purchasing anything until I see what MC has available on their website.

Patrick A. Riley
07-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Were the con set and extras (esp. Slaughter and Renegades) well received?

starrcommand
07-03-2006, 01:28 PM
A couple of quick questions - general questions, I guess, could be answered by anyone.

Thanks in advance!
No problem Pat

1. Having never been to a Joe con, what's the parachute drop about? There was a post earlier about promising to drop the figure, not keep it. Sounds like the figures are designated for kids? (That'd be cool, just curious)

It is supposed to be for the kids but some of the collectors ignore the rules and jump in. My girlfriend asked the janitor who was getting them off the roof if she could have one. When I was leaving a mother with two kids looked pretty upset. She was on her cell phone complaining that " They didnt get any and I asked these explative 20 years olds with 5 in their hands if they would give them one and they said sorry lady." I gave her kids the one we had. I see this every year and it makes me sad that collectors would do this. My girlfriend got pretty mad at me that I made her give it up but I got my Slaugter FC signed for her, now I just have to figure out who I sent it too by mistake.

2. About how many separate dealer tables were available? From the pics I see Hasbro's and Marauder's stuff, but can't discern very many others. Were the customs (awesome all around, BTW) in the same hall?

I think there was about 25 dealer tables. The customs were in the back area near the hasbro booth.

starrcommand
07-03-2006, 01:36 PM

Tanner

Dinner was just as bad as last year. Total chaos. We were led to another hotel that was about 6 blocks from ours. It was buffet style and the food was spread throughout about 5 rooms. I saw a total of about 10 tables that sat 4 each. We werent allowed to eat at the poker tables. I couldnt find water to save my soul so I drank beer all night. However I did win 2 prizes so I was happy with the night.

Lody
07-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Dinner was just as bad as last year. Total chaos. We were led to another hotel that was about 6 blocks from ours. It was buffet style and the food was spread throughout about 5 rooms. I saw a total of about 10 tables that sat 4 each. We werent allowed to eat at the poker tables. I couldnt find water to save my soul so I drank beer all night. However I did win 2 prizes so I was happy with the night.

What did they serve for food?

How many beers did you drink?

What did you win?

Do they give out info at these dinners (upcoming products, announcements, etc)

starrcommand
07-03-2006, 04:04 PM
What did they serve for food?

How many beers did you drink?

What did you win?

Do they give out info at these dinners (upcoming products, announcements, etc)

Chicken alfredo, pasta, roast beef, sandwiches and jambalaya. There were different food stations. I think thats what I saw at them. I only ate the alfredo and a sandwich. They really should do a site down dinner. These buffey style things are getting on my nerves. I dont like not having a place to site and having to fight my way through food lines. Im sure its cheaper but man it stinks.

about 4 or 5 ... it was $4.50 a beer

02 con hiss and blue deck parts

Usually they give announcements but not this year. All they did was give out the awards for the dio, pix and customs.

Oh and we got to share the hotel w/ an AA convention. They were annoying as heck. They woke me up 2 nights in a row. But they certainly werent an eye sore. Did anyone go down to the pool area??? Man that was a site. I think I will go to the AA con next year instead of the Joe con ... JK
But the AA people sure do know how to party ... I guess thats why they are there.

FireFox91
07-03-2006, 04:44 PM

Wha?? My opinon of the dinner is completely opposite. It seemed organized better and the food was good. You didn't have to wait for long once you got in the food line. FYI, the water was at the bar where you got the beer. It was free, but they should have just had it out in pitchers insted of working the bartenders over it. There were a lot more than 10 tables and most sat more than 4 (usually about 6) but I agree there were not enough tables. I guess the thought was that some people would play games first, then eat so not everyone would need a food table. But at 7:30, I think everyone was hungry. Still, I had a good time at the dinner.

Lody
07-03-2006, 05:16 PM
02 con hiss and blue deck parts....................

Oh and we got to share the hotel w/ an AA convention. They were annoying as heck. They woke me up 2 nights in a row. But they certainly werent an eye sore. Did anyone go down to the pool area??? Man that was a site. I think I will go to the AA con next year instead of the Joe con ... JK
But the AA people sure do know how to party ... I guess thats why they are there.

Cool-who did you win them from MC??

Do you mean AA as in Alcoholics Anonymous??

MikePrime
07-03-2006, 08:06 PM
How did Sgt. Slaughter look, after all these years?

FireFox91
07-03-2006, 08:10 PM
How did Sgt. Slaughter look, after all these years?

Honestly, I thought he looked pretty good for his age. He had a bit of a gut on him but didn't look nearly as out of shape as the figure packaging makes him appear.

picollogoku
07-03-2006, 08:54 PM
thinner...better for his health. Sounds nothing like his stage voice though

Patrick A. Riley
07-03-2006, 09:05 PM
So he didn't use his raspy, character voice?

GI Trekker
07-04-2006, 01:47 AM
Now that the Convention is past, a few thoughts, if I may...

Alas, I wasn't able to attend. But I've been trying to keep track of the news. My own thoughts on what's been reported.

3-3/4" G.I.Joes: Not much shown, but hardly surprising. Clearly Hasbro's attention is on Sigma Six these days. I am VERY pleased to see the Viper six-pack, and I hope to be able to buy several of these. I had to sell most of my Vipers some time ago due to financial problems, and I always regretted that. Here's a good chance to rebuild my Cobra forces with my all-time favorite basic Cobra troopers.

As for the 25th Anniversary product, we'll see what Hasbro comes up with. Honestly, now that I have a complete Oktober Guard, and once I get a few Viper sets, I'll be content with that and whatever MasterCollector may offer. And I'll be sincerely surprised if Hasbro continues the line BEYOND their Anniversary plans.

The Convention Toys: Hey, they brought out some of my favorite vehicles! I've always liked the Armadillo and the Ferrets, and I like the Warthog, too! And the Desert Set for the Operation Flaming MOTH series is VERY impressive!

Sigma Six: REALLY pleased to see the cast expanding in the 8" Line. I honestly have no interest in the 2.5" line. Yes, the vehicles are impressive, but the figures aren't, and I don't have the money to spend or the interest in a vehicle-based line where the figures are so lame. But I was truly pleased to see the images of Grand Slam and Shipwreck, even if their Sigma Suit designs look different than the pattern we've gotten used to. I hope there's an "in concept, in story" explanation for that.

But anything's better than more Dukes and Snake-Eyes.

The Lord of Steel
07-04-2006, 05:03 AM
Looks like the convention stuff is not very popular on ebay and internet shops. Why are they selling this stuff so expensive this year, compared to the price it costed at the convention ????

GI Trekker
07-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Looks like the convention stuff is not very popular on ebay and internet shops. Why are they selling this stuff so expensive this year, compared to the price it costed at the convention ????
Because they think they can. They believe it's brand new, it's hot, so they can overcharge and people will pay it. Wait a few months. You'll at least see the eBay prices plummet.

CGC
07-04-2006, 06:56 PM

Tanner
I thought the dinner was organized much better this year, but the food wasn't quite as good as last year. Here are the door prizes they had:
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2244&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2245&cat=573
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2243&cat=573
I didn't stay at the dinner too long, so I have no idea who won what, but it did look like a nice selection of goodies.

Lody
07-04-2006, 07:53 PM
So who sponsors the raffles? Cause I would think that if MC had some 2002 Hiss tanks available along with some blue decks from last year they should have been made available in their catalog...

picollogoku
07-04-2006, 07:57 PM
from what master collector told me they never sell the attendee free items. which to me seems pretty stupid.

KrymsynGardImmoral
07-04-2006, 07:58 PM
BEST CON EVER. Way better than i expected, and a lot better than i hoped.

82to87Joes
07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
any idea where next years convention will be located?

Deadshot
07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
They said they would announce it in 6 to 8 weeks.

CGC
07-04-2006, 08:04 PM

Thanks in advance!

The chute drop is meant to attract kids, & the point is for kids to get the figures. Realistically I would guess that kids (14 & under) probably get about ¼ of the figs dropped.
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2206&cat=573

starrcommand said there were about 25 dealer spots, I would've guessed a little lower, but I really don't know for sure.

CGC
07-04-2006, 08:05 PM
any idea where next years convention will be located?
I would guess North West - maybe Seattle or Spokane...

Lody
07-04-2006, 08:07 PM
I would guess North West - maybe Seattle or Spokane...

Nope nope nope---we already decided that the NE would be the place to rock the nation! :D

picollogoku
07-04-2006, 08:20 PM
BEST CON EVER. Way better than i expected, and a lot better than i hoped.

thanks for bringing so much stuff. you single handedly sold me everything on my needed parts list. not to mention a whole pile of stuff that can never hurt to have...

thanks
jason

Oh and as this was my first con I have nothing to base this on, but I had a freakin blast

picollogoku
07-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Nope nope nope---we already decided that the NE would be the place to rock the nation! :D

as long as it is no where near new york:mad: I'll go:D

CGC
07-04-2006, 08:30 PM
That would be my second guess.
Either way, if it's somewhere I haven't been before, it would make it that much better!:D

Deadshot
07-04-2006, 08:36 PM
3rd con in.. Definently the best one yet. I had an absolute great time.

GBPackRat
07-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah I was thinking NE myself, but I guess NW isn't out of the question.

Doubtful they'd hold it in NY. Brian has gone on the record may times saying they like to stay away from "larger" cities in fear of getting lost in the shuffle of what big cities have to offer on any given weekend. I could see a smaller city however, something like a Boston, Philly or Baltimore. For the NW, anywhere in the Seattle area would be golden.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Doubtful it will be anywhere in the south since it was just held there this last year and doubtful it will be held in the midwest for a few years, we just had it last year. Also, didn't sound like Brian wanted to take the show back to the SW area (aka anywhere in CA). I wouldn't put it past them to put it somwhere in NM or AZ however, so I guess those states are still on the board as well for possible locations.

In any case, should be interesting, hope I can make it. St. Louis would be a nice location, but again, that might be considered midwest and off the table.

Tanner

starrcommand
07-04-2006, 09:01 PM
I vote for Baltimore!!!!

Static
07-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Why not Austin, TX?

picollogoku
07-04-2006, 09:19 PM
a beautiful location would be Chattanoga TN. Look it up its a BIG town with a small town feel. Its all about family vactions. I go at least once a year. The Carolinas would be nice. Atlanta, Savanah, GA.

Southern hospitality is the way to go. Oh and New Orleans maybe be on the southern part of the map, but we like to think they are french/creole not southern.:p

Royal Guard
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
I would like it to be in California. If not, I think any of the following would make a great location.

Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Reno, Portland Or, Phoenix, Nashville, Seattle, or Buffalo.

These are the places I would like to go to.

code red shockwave
07-04-2006, 10:11 PM
I want it in Chicago...what better spot than in the central area of the United States? :D

Deadshot
07-04-2006, 11:18 PM
I'm still shooting for NIagra Falls... but I can't see it happening... yet.

orionlukteel
07-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Ah, July, the time when the yojoe board dissolves into a conjectural thread about where the con is going to be next year... :D

cobrasoldier
07-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Ah, July, the time when the yojoe board dissolves into a conjectural thread about where the con is going to be next year... :D

I know...kind of lame...we should move on and talk about all the goodies people got from trading at the joe con. Room to room or whatever. I want to know...did anyone score any killer non-convention items from trading?

picollogoku
07-05-2006, 12:55 AM
hope you are ready for a long list......

only got one item from trading though from rnrhero

up draft for 2 dollars and his accessories for a dollar each
full set of zartan accessories 5
longe range gun and helmet fo 2
complete chuckles for 4
100 clear stands for 20
3 glow in the dark heavy waters for 40
2 jungle vipers for 25
1 complete worms for 70:eek: man that hurt the pocket
1 worms no anntenna for 5
5 rough looking ice vipers for 10
2 new sculpt python televipers for 6
3 single pack televipers for 9
3 single pack sand vipers for9
comic pack #8 for 10
comic pack #9 for 10
nice looking wild weasel for 4
alley viper ver 2 minus shield for 5
3 rough looking lampreys for 9
night striker missle box and four missles for 5:D
desert scorpion complete for 8
2 complete snow serpents ver 1 for 16
night landing complete for 8
heat viper complete for 5
mainframe complete for 8
techno viper complete for 6
dress blues gung ho complete with stickers applied for 6
new sculpt ice sabre for 10 (rnrhero) thanks mike
1998 oktober guard 3 pack for 13
50+ good accseories for a dollar each
30 marvel gi joe comics a buck to 2 dollars each
about 20 file cards a dollar each
mail away mark II steering wheel for 2 dollars

Theres more but I am tired of typing and you get the idea. My only complaint for the dealers that frequent the boards bring more vehicles next time.

dockingbay97
07-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Brian Savage has told people he will never have the Con in the NW - not enough Joe fans or something like that.

Dreadnok4life
07-05-2006, 04:24 AM
Maybe Baghdad next year? It might be safer than New Orleans by next year. I KEED, I KEED!

82to87Joes
07-05-2006, 06:41 AM
seems like having in the central states would attract more people from both sides of the country.

ChemViper
07-05-2006, 06:53 AM
It has been a number of years since DC. It sure would be nice for us East coast folks to have one in our neck of the woods again.

Jeff Bohn
07-05-2006, 07:26 AM
I posted some new pics in the photo section...

Casino Night / Awards Dinner / Costumes

http://photos.yojoe.com/showgallery.php?cat=577

Floor and freebies

http://photos.yojoe.com/showgallery.php?cat=578

Also added the poster and buttons to the archives...

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/posters/06contourposter.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/nottoys/06ddbuttons.shtml

Lody
07-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Is there a listing of where all the previous conventions have been held?

CGC
07-05-2006, 10:04 PM
http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/club/benefits_page.html#40th
Bottom of the page.

Skystriker
07-06-2006, 07:19 AM
was the 97 con is san jose or philly? mc has it at san jose but yojoe has a figure given away at the phiily con?

stad
07-06-2006, 11:34 AM
I thought the dinner/awards party/casino night was much better than in the past. There was 6-8 buffet stations spread out in 3-4 rooms, no line got really long, and an excellent selection of food. Myself, I had some sub sandwiches, gumbo, sushi, and cheese and crackers. The roast beef at the other stations looked good too. There was over 10 tables for sitting in the first room alone, plus about another 12-15 in the main rooms, so I didn't have any problems finding a seat. Overall, I thought it went much better than in the past.

I don't think any con items sold out, at least not the 3 3/4, but I think the Ferrets and Slaughters were pretty close.

The AA convention on the 3rd floor was YPIAA, Young People In AA, and they were definitely not hard on the eyes. They were also partying pretty hard for AA people, and I'm not sure a city where you can walk the streets with open containers and buy daquiris and liquor in nearly every store and gas station was the best location for their con. Then again, maybe it was the perfect spot, what do I know?

2LT VIPER
07-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey, my kids were in those pictures in the costume section.

I really enjoyed the location and had a good time at the con. I met some really cool dealers as well. The gun runner was a gold mine of a find.

As far as ICYPAA the AA convention. There were a few times in the elevator they were a bit rude to collectors and they definetly filled the hotel lobby with smoke making the 60 dollar breakfast we had a bit hard to swallow.

As far as the convention, the kids loved it. I had a great time looking at dioramas and would definetly go back again next year. One of my fgures was broken in the loose bag and they replaced it asap. I felt fairly satisfied with the level of service and SGT slaughter was a class act.

FireFox91
07-06-2006, 05:58 PM
I also was really pleased with the dinner. It was far and away better than the other 2 conventions I went to. The casino games were really fun. It was the first time I got to play them since they didn't have them in 04 or 05. I can't complain because I won a 2002 Convention Red Hiss tank and Viper playing blackjack. Some other people came away with bagged Crimson Viper sets, this year's Armadillo, last years AGP, Warthog, blue Moray deck, DIC cartoon film cells and other items I likely never saw.

flywheels
07-07-2006, 06:54 AM
I wasn't able to attend the con b/c I'm saving for MC's other con (Botcon), but I am slowly picking up some of the exclusives. Happy to hear that there were some items left and in the club shop, I hit the store last night to see what was available. I wanted to pick up a carded Sgt. Slaughter figure, but my lazy self didn't want to go back down stairs to grab my wallet/debit card...just figured I'd buy it early this morning before work. Wouldn't you know that when I go to place my order this morning the Sgt. is sold out! Oh well, guess it makes my decision upon buying either the Sgt. or the Ferret 2 pack that much easier!

Still looking for a con Nullifier figure though...doesn't look like any will be appearing in the club store either.

Static
07-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Just got myself the ferrets and warthog at MC. Check it out if your interested.

Patrick A. Riley
07-07-2006, 12:19 PM
I'd say Rhode Island w/ a tour of Hasbro

Lody
07-07-2006, 01:03 PM
I'd say Rhode Island w/ a tour of Hasbro

YEAH BABY! And I can host a GI Joe party in my backyard! Admission would be one Complete vintage figure in C8 or better condition for all the burgers, dogs and junk you can eat!

JustinBarnhill
07-07-2006, 01:20 PM
..are available on cobracommand.org

http://www.silentcastle.com/cobracommand/con2k6.shtml

thanks to scott alexander again for his great camera work. ;)

no go...spread the word....crash the site....

please ignore any foul language or comments...if you hear anything..i did't say it.

ChemViper
07-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I just wanted to let folks know that the Club Store has Sgt. Slaughter available now. I just ordered one 10 minutes ago.

Viper Commander
07-07-2006, 04:37 PM
I would be down for a Con right by Hasbro HQ, I've always wanted to see Rhode Island but never been before. :D

FireFox91
07-07-2006, 06:10 PM
..are available on cobracommand.org

http://www.silentcastle.com/cobracommand/con2k6.shtml

thanks to scott alexander again for his great camera work. ;)

no go...spread the word....crash the site....

please ignore any foul language or comments...if you hear anything..i did't say it.

And I am aware the sound is not as good as I thought it was. I am re-encoding the videos now to correct that but it will take a little while until they are posted. It may not get much better just because of the recording itself, but it is worth a shot.

FireFox91
07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
After dorking around with the videos for the last couple of hours I determined that the sound on the videos that are posted are about as good as it is going to get. Yes the quality is not as good as the orignal, but that is not the problem. It is the volume. I have problems hearing the Hasbro guy on the original recording just as much as the posted video. When you watch the beginning of the Hasbro roundtable you can hear Brian talk clear as day. When it is handed over to the Hasbro guy, you can't here him. The problem was that the guy just wasn't up on his mic well. The Devil's Due roundtable is a little better but he also wasn't on the mic as well as Brian. So there you go Brian Savage haters, Brian DOES do something well. :P I'm not going to screw with the videos anymore because it won't really make it any better. Volume is the only thing that will help.

KrymsynGardImmoral
07-07-2006, 10:23 PM
was the 97 con is san jose or philly? mc has it at san jose but yojoe has a figure given away at the phiily con?

At that point, both the Joe club (MC) and Majic Promotions (Mike Herz, Whiz Bang, FX toy show) were producing Cons for GI joe, before MC was given to exclusive contract.

Lody
07-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Those that got the Armadillo-do you find that the body halves when put together will not stay together? Mine seems very look and the front tabs are not hooking on tightly. Also-did it come with instructions?

toy-nutz
07-12-2006, 10:43 PM
My Armadillo did not want to stay together like yours. I pushed a little harder and it snapped together, though it does come apart if played with hard. I also had to carve the holes for the hand rail to fit. I still really like this version though! Love the camo!

Michael
Bulletman Big B
All Hail DOB!!!

picollogoku
07-13-2006, 12:39 AM
My Armadillo did not want to stay together like yours. I pushed a little harder and it snapped together, though it does come apart if played with hard. I also had to carve the holes for the hand rail to fit. I still really like this version though! Love the camo!

Michael
Bulletman Big B
All Hail DOB!!!

Any word on the decals.

as for my armadillo the cannons when connected were to wide so I had to trim them.

The Buffalo Soldier
07-13-2006, 05:56 AM
I'm still shooting for NIagra Falls... but I can't see it happening... yet.

Yeah, probably won't happen... but I'd love it too if they brought the convention to the Falls. That's literally a stone's throw from where I live in Buffalo, so I'd have to attend.

Patrick A. Riley
07-13-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm still shooting for Niagra Falls
Then they'd have a "Barrel Drop" figure instead of a "Parachute Drop" figure :p

Lody
07-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Interesting note**

I was looking at the box art for the set and noted that after the Coil Troopers, Skull Squad, Overlord, and Mortal that the names are trademarked yet Major Bludd's is only reserved. Why is that?

GI Steevy
07-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Interesting note**

I was looking at the box art for the set and noted that after the Coil Troopers, Skull Squad, Overlord, and Mortal that the names are trademarked yet Major Bludd's is only reserved. Why is that?
Actually, the "R" stands for Registered Trademark, it is a stronger mark than the normal Trademarks. They are the names that are unique enough for Hasbro to fully claim and are far more "defendable" than simple TMs
Hasbro must use the "TM" names at least once every two years (I believe) otherwise the names go back up for grabs to other companies (hence why some names/characters reappear often, Storm Shadow, Shipwreck and Scarlett are examples). A TM can become an R if the name remains in use long enough (for example, Snake Eyes is just a TM in 2000, but became a registered mark by 2002).
It is expensive to do the legal groundwork to determine and register new marks for toys, hence the heavy re-uses in recent years.

Other Registered marks include: Duke, Snake Eyes, Flint, Lady Jaye, Zartan, Gung Ho, Dusty, Firefly, and Destro

Nearly all new characters will be a simple trademark (TM) unless they remain in use by Hasbro enough to become a registered mark.

And this doesn't apply just to GI Joe, it applies to the entire Hasbro corporate entity (for example the 2002 Sideswipe is just a TM, but the name "Side Swipe" used in Transformers is an Registerd mark)

gnawgahyde
07-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Wow! all the extra con items are sold out. Good thing I got the Warthog when I did.

dockingbay97
07-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Wow! all the extra con items are sold out. Good thing I got the Warthog when I did.

I just checked, all the extras seem to be in stock.

gnawgahyde
07-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Nevermind they moved them into the convention exclusives. They were listed under new items last week when I ordered them. my bad

johnlogic
07-22-2006, 09:00 AM
I'd be fine with it in Buffalo or just in side Canada, that's where my girl friend lives, I could kill two cobras with one stone.

dockingbay97
07-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Wondering where your labels are? Here is some info from MC about them:

Thanks to everyone for their patience about the Armadillo and Ferret labels. You can't believe the poor service we have been receiving and the outright lies the label company has been telling us. Now supposedly they shipped them to New Orleans, (duh) and are having them recalled back to them. We don't know if we will get them next week or not at this is the 5th time they have told us we will have them in a couple of days. So, we are going to release everyone's orders we are currently holding and will follow up with the lables as soon as they get here...whenever that will be. Thanks again for your patience, I don't have anymore concerning the labels.... Brian

FireFox91
07-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Great. I really want to get these stickers so my Ferrets and Armadillo get completed. I noticed that the labels used on the Warthog were done right in that dark vehicle surface colors do not show through label. I think a white base coat is used to do this. This is how the original Joe vehicles are done up but the last couple of convention vehicles had stickers that showed through therefor some of the stickers could not be seen at all. Such as on the AGP last year. Of course better stickers arn't any better when we don't have them. :( I know that MC will not be using this company again for sure.

Lody
07-31-2006, 11:53 AM
SO here we are a month later (already) and only 11 months away from the 2007 convention. Any news on a location yet?

yo-man2
07-31-2006, 06:40 PM
it will be in philly; this i command, again

FireFox91
07-31-2006, 06:43 PM
SO here we are a month later (already) and only 11 months away from the 2007 convention. Any news on a location yet?

I think it is still soon for that. I can't remember what exactly Brian Savage said at the 2006 con, but I think he said it would be at least 6-8 weeks after it before they would annouce next year's location. I could be wrong on that though.

picollogoku
08-01-2006, 12:34 AM
I think it is still soon for that. I can't remember what exactly Brian Savage said at the 2006 con, but I think he said it would be at least 6-8 weeks after it before they would annouce next year's location. I could be wrong on that though.

speaking of Mr. Savage he told me that the next set is already in the works. The reason he told me this was that I begged him for a desert or arctic set...

YELSEW
08-02-2006, 09:06 PM
I would be up for an arctic set!

Lody
08-14-2006, 08:11 AM
How will they make the announcement that the decals have arrived so I can contact the selller I bought them from?

CGC
08-14-2006, 09:05 AM
How will they make the announcement that the decals have arrived so I can contact the selller I bought them from?
I would expect them to put some notice on the con page of their website, as well as emailing members to let them know. However they do it, I think that word will spread pretty quick.

stad
08-14-2006, 11:06 PM
I would expect them to put some notice on the con page of their website, as well as emailing members to let them know. However they do it, I think that word will spread pretty quick.

I wish word would start spreading pretty soon, as it's been a month and a half since the convention. I recognize that I'm a pretty impatient person, but this is getting ridiculous. I do realize the situation has more to do with the vendor for the stickers, but it may be time to cancel their contract and go with somebody else.

CGC
08-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Just pointing out stad's new thread (http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=40514).

Finally some decal info!