View Full Version : The Twins are HERE!!!!!!!!

Bubba-J
07-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi All
It's been awhile since I have posted anything and awhile since I have been in touch with a lot of you but I did want to announce that I am the proud father of twin Girls!!!!!

The girls were born on May 30th and are doing great!!
It's been a long road to get these girls here and a difficult one for both my wife and I. She had a 10 week stay in the hospital because the babies were sharing the same amniotic sac. This can lead to a high rate of cord entanglement and compression so she had to be monitored on a daily basis. But she delivered via c-section at 34 weeks and the girls are now home after a 2 week stay in the NICU. Just wanted to let all the Joe fans know of the good news.

J

BIGFAN
07-05-2006, 06:36 PM
awesome news man congrats!

from 1 dad to another get some sleep whenever you can bro lol

CGC
07-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Congratulations!

Are the girls your first children?

Redstart
07-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Congratulations! I thought this was some kind of Tomax Xamot thread. haha. This one's better. :)

mrandjr
07-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Another proud Poppa on the boards I can see. I am very glad that all three of them came out of it OK.

I have to tell you I definately feel for you. Twins are a handful I am sure! Keep us posted on how they are doing!

Jon

NewKid
07-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Congrats!!!!!!!
Glad everything went well. You are a braver man than I just for having kids. That goes for all of you parents out there. Having children scares the crap out of me.

zartanspal
07-06-2006, 10:45 AM
awesome news man congrats!

from 1 dad to another get some sleep whenever you can bro lol

I second that one. I have two kids (son - 6 and daughter - 2) and I have had many nights of little to no sleep. It gets a little easier when they get older and start sleeping throughout the night but it is never easy. I wonder how many dads are on here?

KtownJoes
07-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Congrats to you!! Give my best to your wife as well.

Long time no trade.. haha. Seemed like we used to trade weekly a couple years ago. Funny the things you remember when you see a familiar name pop up.

Take care,
James

YELSEW
07-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Congratulations, I knew you had said something about this in the past and I was wondering where you have been. Enjoy the time now, why it isn't to stressful. I am not a dad yet, but I have been a kind of big brother to a boy for 9 years.

tank1976
07-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Congrats!! May God bless u and your family.:)

Bubba-J
07-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Yep, these are our first and they are doing great. They were born at 4 lbs 5oz and 4lbs 4 oz, but at 1 month are now 7 pounds and 6 1/2 pounds. The sleeplessness may get to me soon. I just went back to work and lately have been getting 3-4 hours a night, but the biggest help is that we have them on the same eating schedule. I hope to continue with the joe collection soon, its been a long time since I have been able to get to my joes and yes, having children will eat up much of my time, but we lived in the hospital for 3 months so any time to myself is welcomed.

Acantilado
07-07-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm a bit late, but here I go: congratulations, dad!

jetski333
07-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Congratulations! Having a baby really changes everything, having twins just doubles the blessing in your life :) ... my only tip to you, from a father to another father is: try to take weekly pictures to chronicle their growth, maybe place them beside a big teddy bear ... in no time I'm sure they'll be bigger than that! God bless your family!

Hector the Collector
07-18-2006, 12:35 AM
Congrats to you and your wife, John! :-)

Hector