sigma six needs its own ebay category [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : sigma six needs its own ebay category

yo-man2
07-24-2006, 08:40 PM
self exclamatory........any one down with this?

cutter27
07-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Most definitely, so I don't have those listings come up when I'm looking for stuff! :)

utrom
07-24-2006, 09:30 PM
self exclamatory........any one down with this?

If you use the filters you will not see sigma 6 in your listings. So please do not complain.:eek: :rolleyes: :D

WWW.JOEPARTS.COM
07-24-2006, 09:37 PM
If you use the filters you will not see sigma 6 in your listings. So please do not complain.:eek: :rolleyes: :D

The entire Gi Joe category is messed up. Pre 1980? 1980-Now? This subject has been brought up too many times to count so its like beating a dead horse. Ebay isn't fixing them so I guess were stuck with them.

the joe bandit
07-24-2006, 09:42 PM
I cant see any harm in it. Not only would that help the haters (not me and not pointing fingers, I dont buy them but think they are interesting), but it would help S6 collectors as well!

utrom
07-24-2006, 09:47 PM
The entire Gi Joe category is messed up. Pre 1980? 1980-Now? This subject has been brought up too many times to count so its like beating a dead horse. Ebay isn't fixing them so I guess were stuck with them.

How is it messed up? Its works for me and I have no problem. Its how you put your information in the search bar. Here is proof. http://search.ebay.com/gi-joe-3-3-4_1980-Now_W0QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZs earchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR10QQfrtsZ0QQfsooZ1QQfsop Z1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZ2467QQsatitleZgiQ20joeQ2 03Q203Q2f4

the joe bandit
07-25-2006, 07:14 AM
It is messed up if you want to browse the entire catagory. The search function works great if you are looking for something specific. But many people, including myself, like to browse the entire catagory to hopefully find a deal. It would be easier if the catagories were more of an accurate grouping of Joes.

And looking at your link, are you kidding me? That is proof of the search function working fine? I bet it didnt turn up this nice looking Zap figure. You know why? Not every one puts 3 3/4 in the title.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-Joe-Zap-v1-Complete-w-Filecard_W0QQitemZ250011517278QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2 467QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CGC
07-25-2006, 10:52 AM
How is it messed up? Its works for me and I have no problem. Its how you put your information in the search bar. Here is proof.
...snip
The problem with that is of the 10,898 listing in the GI Joe category, your search knocked it down to 363 listings. Great filter, but I think it might have filtered a little too much.

A S6 category would be a good idea, & if the 8" and 2½" lines are around much longer, I'll bet we'll see that category before too long. The thing to keep in mind, though, is that an awful lot of the auctions are put in the wrong categories to begin with. There will still be S6 things in the 3¾" categories & vice versa. It would certainly curtail it, but it wouldn't totally separate the two.

stad
07-27-2006, 05:10 PM
How is it messed up? Its works for me and I have no problem. Its how you put your information in the search bar. Here is proof. snip

Yeah, that is definitely not the way to go. As said above, not everyone (I would even say most do not) puts "3 3/4" in the auction title, or even description. Myself, I just have a link in My Favorites (on the browser) that goes to GI JOE "new today" listings, than just click on 3 3/4 Accessories, and 3 3/4 and hit it most every day, unless I'm looking for something in particular.

bluebikerboy1
07-27-2006, 05:47 PM
I cant see any harm in it. Not only would that help the haters (not me and not pointing fingers, I dont buy them but think they are interesting), but it would help S6 collectors as well!

there are s6 collectors? :p