View Full Version : Which Toy Line would you collect?

Urban Saboteur
08-01-2006, 02:00 AM
If you didn't collect the GIJOE toy line in any scale which series would be your second choice?
Star Wars?, TMNT?, Wrestlers?, Marvel Superheroes?, Transformers?, Thundercats?, MOTU?
I'm sure theres others .. such as MASK, A-Team, Batman, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett, Ghostbusters, Lord Of the Rings.. Power Rangers, Small Soldiers, Stargate, Star Trek... oooh to name a few.. I am certain I've missed loads more.. but which toy line and why would you collect them if you couldnt collect joes?
Okay to rule out this.. some magic evil sorcerer just disintergrated everyones joe collection.. and theres no joes anywhere.. and nobody even thought them up.

Urban Saboteur
08-01-2006, 02:03 AM
Okay My answer.. I think it would be marvel stuff.. some of the older figures impressed me. .. but the newer stuff is just awesome and :cool:
I recently acquired a Marvel Hulk Figure.. thats for sale in my shop if anyone is interested btw ;)
He's so cool, if i wasn't so strict on my joes.. I'd definately have this marvel figure in my collection.. he's just so big.. and yet his articulation is perfect for his character.. I've seen the Marvel Legends sentinel series spiderman.. and his articulation was great too!
So my choice would be Marvel Figures.. 1) The great articulation 2) The good choice of respresentation by the toy co. 3) excellent playability.

Stampede
08-01-2006, 05:03 AM
Probably Transformers or the new MOTU line. (I already own a couple of the new MOTUs, too pricey though and while the stactions are beautiful and compatible with the articulated figures...they can't be played with.)

carnage717
08-01-2006, 08:07 AM
I already do collect 2 other lines. I buy Transformers (New and Old) and M.A.S.K. Always loved the toys as a kid but spent most of my money on Joe Stuff so Im making up for it now. On the Oldschool toys I have at least 1 of every Megatron and Optimus Prime figure, have new and old soundwave plus most of the cassetes. I also collect all the Dinobots, G1 and G2(all Different Colors) and I have all the Seeker Jet Figures (Starscream, Thundercraker, etc...) As far as new stuff goes I have every Alternator realeased in the U.S. and Im working on getting the few different Binaltechs that werenet released in the U.S. I also really like the Masterpiece Figures as well I have 1 complete U.S. Release Optimus, and Takara Release MP-01. I have an extra U.S. Release prime that will soon be customized to a Nemesis Prime, plus I just bought a large scale trailer that transforms like the Original trailer complete with roller for my Masterpiece Prime. As far as M.A.S.K. goes I have most of the toyline already, just missing a few vehciles but due to space issues my entire M.A.S.K. Collection is in storage.

CGC
08-01-2006, 08:51 AM
If some magic evil sorcerer just wiped them out, I wouldn't replace them with another line. If there had never been 3¾" Joes to begin with, I probably would have stuck with Star Wars.

Angry Beef
08-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Marvel. Marvel Legends are hands down the best action figures on the market.

YELSEW
08-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Vintage Star Wars (already have a complete set with variants), the Ewok and Droid Series and Indiana Jones Vintage (will collect after I finish Joes) Also, I am planning on picking up the Clash of the Titans figures and a MacGyver figure.

joeboy75
08-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Well since I currently collect Star Wars I suppose I'd go with that. But if I were to replace the Joe line with another it'd most likely be vintage MOTU. I've thought seriously a few times of getting into this line but I'm stretched so thin the way it is with what I already collect. Either that or a bunch of smaller lines like D&D or Other Worlds.

Oh yeah, I'd have to give transformers an honorable mention...but getting them in nice shape, complete, stiff joints, with good chrome (if it had any) and stickers just seems like it would be the biggest headache. Plus, besides the ability to transform I always hated those toys playability and I don't think it'd be rewarding to put all the work and cash into a collection.

jetski333
08-01-2006, 07:47 PM
It would be Star Wars for me for 3 3/4" scale, Mask because of the cool vehicles & Elite Force, 21st Century, Ultimate Soldier, SOTW & the Dragon action figs for 12".

mjgriffi
08-01-2006, 09:18 PM
It would have to be Transformers, MASK and LEGO (space). I love the Star Wars films, but am not interested in the figures. I used to have a reasonable collection of TF's as a kid, but had to give them away to make room for MASK and Action Force/GI Joe's. I recently sold my MASK collection to fund GI Joe collecting.

Blowtorch01
08-02-2006, 01:51 AM
I want to start collecting Transformers, MASK and maybe some Mico Machines and Garbage Pail Kids cards.

My Transformers I lost or traded away as a kid. My Garbage Pail Kid collection was sold in the 6th grade, lol. My MASK toys broke or pieces got lost, I'm not sure what happened to my Boulder Hill playset. Micro Machines I sold a few years ago on ebay, I'm not sure why (about 30-40 cars and a red carrying case).

My ultimate goal is to get all of my 80's toys back (Joe included). So for now, I've got alot on my plate.

Red Sox
08-02-2006, 08:51 AM
I already collect MOC wrestling figures so I guess it would be that. I only collect Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash, so its not too hard to keep up with. Transformers or TMNT might be a possibility if there were no Joes. I loved G1 Transformers but they were too expensive, fragile, and unarticulated when compared to Joes. Also most of the G1 toys looked nothing like the cartoon. I got heavily into the ninja turtles for a while so maybe them too.