Anyone find the S6 Firebat yet? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Anyone find the S6 Firebat yet?

dockingbay97
08-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Anyone find the S6 Firebat yet?

I have found everything but that and it is killing me. I am sure it is not even supposed to be out yet but it is teasing me to see it on the boxes.

GI Steevy
08-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Online retailers have got it, but it might be another few weeks before brick and mortar get it since they still have to sell through cases of all VAMPS

carnage717
08-14-2006, 12:57 PM
I saw one at a Toys r Us this past weekend, so they are out. This was in florida so Im not sure where else they ahve showed up.

kp_edge
08-14-2006, 01:16 PM
I promise I've seen one- not sure where because I'm not a S6 collector- but I think it was a Wal-Mart in Daphne, AL. The also had the big Joe jet with the rotors (Dragonhawk?)

I remember thinking the Firebats looked kind of interesting

utrom
08-14-2006, 02:36 PM
I have seen it online but not at the stores yet. that is the only one I'm waiting for.:(

boff1234
08-15-2006, 10:32 PM
yeah i keep checking but all of them are vamps, the vamp is cool too but i bought it already! where is the firebat?!

dakele
08-17-2006, 12:17 PM
They started showing up at the WalMarts around northeast Mississippi Friday. If you see more VAMPs on the shelf than you are used to, then start looking thru them. You may find the Firebat. I think there is only one per case. I may be wrong, but I have only seen one Firebat with about three VAMPs at each store I have been to.

MikePrime
08-20-2006, 02:30 PM
I found the Firebat jet at TRU. I bought it, but I might return it. The Firebat seems to be every ARAH Cobra jet in one airplane. It's part Rattler (VTOL), part Night Raven (it's general form), part Condor (the splitting into two jets feature) and Firebat (where it gets it's name).

It's pretty cool, although I can't figure out why there is a wide canopy on the back end of the jet.

orionlukteel
08-21-2006, 12:08 PM
At our local TRU there were NO Vamps and three Firebats. I couldn't believe how small the box was - I was expecting something the size of the Dragonhawk box.

But I'll probably pick one up anyway.

jetski333
08-23-2006, 12:46 AM
I saw a Firebat "hiding" behind a lot of Vamps in a TRU in SJ, CA. The pilot looks cool w/ shldr articulation, the jet looks kinda small.

Reptilian Popinjay
08-23-2006, 10:04 PM
I have not found these in Montgomery, AL yet though we seem to have gotten all the other 2.5" stuff. This is the only thing that I really want. I plan to use it with my 3 3/4" COBRAs as a "Blackfire Drone," basically a mini-robotic attack plane like the one in the film "Stealth." This is how I'll account for the scale discrepancy in my Joe-Verse. Another way to look at it is as a small attack fighter controlled by a BAT "brain" unit.

jeffsull
08-26-2006, 04:08 PM
I couldn't believe how small the box was - I was expecting something the size of the Dragonhawk box.
Yeah, I just bought one and was surprised how small the box was. But once it's put together, it's 14 inches long with a 12 inch wingspan, a very decent size (bigger than the original ARAH Firebat). It's the only 2.5" vehicle I've purchased, and I'm very happy with it.

Like another poster said, I'll use it as an unmanned drone to go with my ARAH scale toys.

ttfndude
08-27-2006, 10:02 PM
hey not into the S6 but they dumped a lot of stuff at all our normal stores ie Target and Wal-mart to bring them in and as far as I could tell they had everything to a huge jet type thing sorry don't know the S6 lingo. In any case they are doing a good job warming the shelves so when they go on clearance I might get some they are already on sale but if anyone is in dire straights shoot me a post and I will see what I can do.

ttfndude

nemesis
08-29-2006, 04:38 AM
My Firebat just arrived from DNSToys.com, along with the Night Ops VAMP. The Firebat is very, very sexy. It could stand to be a little bigger sure, and drone is a bit fat for my liking, but the detailing, paint-job, etc are fantastic. I'd love to see this translated to 3 3/4in, along the same size as the ol' Night Raven.

Night Ops VAMP I'm not so hot on. It just doesn't grab me like the original did and is far too "plasticy". I do like the accessories though - the chain gun and 6-missile launcher I'll induct into my 3 3/4in army without hesitation

... and doesn't the VAMP look suspiciously like a certain vehicle from a certain ultra-hot X-Box game?? (**cough** Warthog **cough**)

gaelinic
08-29-2006, 01:29 PM
I cannot find this thing in Denver. I've been to over 15 stores, including Wal-mart, Target, Sears, and Toys-R-Us. I may as well buy the thing online instead of wasting gas. Does anyone know where I can find the thing online.?

Thanks.

skinny
08-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Patience young Padawan patience.............
Finding not the Joes I am looking for, Destro in hiding he is, Firebat in stealth mode it is. Soon they will arrive think I. Early for Christmas goodies to be found so far believe I. Star Wars DVD in Sept on time it will be !!!!

(imagine Yoda vs Storm Shadow !!!!)

Cold Slither
08-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Found and bought the two at a San diego TRU (Morena Blvd, Mission Valley west). Cant wait to open one tonight.

repoman10001
08-30-2006, 11:23 AM
I bought two from BIG BAD TOY STORE online a few weeks ago.Its pretty cool. But the Dragonhawk is the coolest Sigma vehicle (it's like the ALIENS dropship!)

gaelinic
09-05-2006, 12:38 AM
So I found it at the local TRU. They just had a new shipment of vehicles. However, all of the boxes were Night Ops VAMPS except one solitary Firebat.

Reptilian Popinjay
09-05-2006, 12:55 PM
I found this at a Wal-Mart in Jackson, TN yesterday and put it together last night. It seems like it will be small based on the size of the box but put together it is a satisfying size. It looks great next to the Night Raven. I tried putting a 3 3/4" COBRA Infantry in the cockpit. One would fit...if you removed its arms.

I like it a lot. As a drone attack plane for the 3 3/4" series, it is perfect. It looks great with the other COBRA vehicles.

orionlukteel
09-05-2006, 05:10 PM
I tried putting a 3 3/4" COBRA Infantry in the cockpit. One would fit...if you removed its arms.

Perfect. I just so happen to have a swarm of armless Cobra Infantry. :D

Kidding.

I got a bunch of TRU gift card for my birthday, so I went and spent them all on a ROCC and a Firebat.

Haven't opened the ROCC yet, but the Firebat is well worth the pickup.

You guys were right on the money - it's a little over a foot long assembled. I would never have though it could be that big based on the size of the box.

I'm diggin' the lines, naturally the midsection underneath looks a little odd but it's overall a nice plane.

It'll look great hanging over the Terrordrome.

MikePrime
09-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Has anyone figured out what that large canopy on the back end is for? It doesn't look like it's for anything.

nemesis
09-05-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm going with it's a gigantic airbrake (you know, for when you absolutely, positively need to stop your jet on a dime). Doesn't explain why it's see-thru, but I'm not claiming it's the most logical explanation by a long chalk ...

gaelinic
09-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Has anyone figured out what that large canopy on the back end is for? It doesn't look like it's for anything.

I guess last week's show showed bats flying out of that canopy. However, they don't fit anywhere on the plane.

Reptilian Popinjay
09-21-2006, 11:51 AM
I noticed that, too. They also called them Vulture jets instead of Firebats.