Chinese Midnight Run Figures [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Chinese Midnight Run Figures

Shadow_Contact
09-01-2006, 01:52 AM
I know this shgould be starting in another thread but I would like to know. Can anyone give me a history on these? I know that Uber Cool looking Viper with the Black mask is one, which since I saw it yesterday I want to get at least one, but who else?

grimace404
09-01-2006, 04:09 AM
wow, never heard of 'em. Sound cool, though.

Patrick A. Riley
09-01-2006, 08:43 AM
A lot of the figures from the 6 packs had really cool (and much better) paint schemes than the ones that we actually saw released

Shown below are pre-production paint schemes of the Anti-Venom Squad, crimson? Firefly, Action Man & Tunnel Rat (From Night Force) and Urban Nullifier

code red shockwave
09-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Interesting...I have seen all of these before except the Action Man with the green vest. I have never seen him up on ebay...where did you find him from?

Bravo
09-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Not Action Man, that was Tracker, no AM logo, Night Force logo. (nit picking...I know)

Set would've been better with that Tracker. Heck, they could've done like the CG packs, one version includes Tracker, the other Action Man. But that would've been frustrating for collectors.

I also wish we'd gotten Stretcher, though i don't like that baby blue look.

Wasn't there's also a Alley Viper with that red and blue and white splotches, too?

I prefer the Nullifier that was released.

GBPackRat
09-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Other figures included:

The Anti Venom set in Dark Blue as well as the Light Blue shown above. The Dark Blue however was much harder to come by.

An unproduced mold of an older figure that actually looked very much like John Kerry, in a dark blue Anti Venom suit (much like Duke I believe). Very few of these saw the market, I only saw one.

The Tiger Force Steel Brigade figure, I believe 5 or 6 of these were sold over the course of a year.

A '88 version of Snake Eyes in Limish Green with Gold Highlights.

Various versions of the Urban Strike Team, the camo patterns and colors were different, sometimes with figures having solid pants colors and torso camo.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but these were the main RAH figures that seem to come up often.

They were sold on ebay and often times the rarer figures went anywhere from $15 - 80, while the more common ones sold for $5 - $10. I think shipping was another either $5 or $10 which also drove the price up some.

Auctions almost always ended either on Friday or Saturday night, ususally for me it was between 10 - 12 CST.

Nobody knows exactly where the figures came from, but heavy rumor is that they were suggested preproduction runs that were trashed (thrown out) and whomever, dug them out and resold them on ebay.

Any other questions, or can anyone else add to what I've stated?

Tanner

PS: Some figures came up almost on a weekly basis, while others only came up a few times in the year or two of being sold on ebay.

cobrasoldier
09-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Wow I have never heard of these but they look pretty cool. I want to track some down.

Shadow_Contact
09-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Anyone have more pics of the mentioned one? Donsbabyboo mentions an Alley viper could he post a scan maybe? I like the Tracker alot, but the Nullifier is garish, but I love Iron Grenadiers so I'll have to keep my peepers peeled.
I could see why the Anti-Venom force scheme was scrapped, blue is a Cobra Colour, Plus once you put the helmets on they could be specialized Cobra troops. Not that thats a bad thing for us Collectors.

CGC
09-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Ron's new books (http://www.backinthedaytoys.com/bitdt.htm) have good pics of most of these figs. Most are near the back listed as prototypes & preproduction, but some are listed in the books alongside the figs that were actually released. There are also a couple here in the archive - I'm sure I've seen the Robot Rebellion CC.

Pics of most are available if you're willing to dig a little, I'll post a link if I find it.

phillinley
09-01-2006, 10:53 PM
didn't see the above post nm. If you guys dont have it in the archive yet, I have one of the complete Robot Rebellion CC's if you need pics

danielmd06
09-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Excellent thread about something that I know absolutely nothing about. Thanks for the posts guys.

code red shockwave
09-02-2006, 12:37 PM
I think we should make a list of those who have the Chinese Midnight Run figures(like krymsnguard666 and donsbabyboo, for example).

82to87Joes
09-02-2006, 01:20 PM
i have the pink/red viper with black face mask and i just bought donsbabyboos alley viper which i have been looking for one for some time now

heres his pic

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donsbabyboo/detail?.dir=39f2scd&.dnm=1b8dscd.jpg&.src=ph

Mutt7000
09-02-2006, 08:37 PM
I got quite a bit of them for sale if anyone is interested.

grimace404
09-02-2006, 09:03 PM
I got quite a bit of them for sale if anyone is interested.

Hey- i'm interested! Whadya got? Mainly, i'm looking for two each of the army builders like Viper (black face) and Alley Viper (who i haven't even seen yet). I wouldn't mind a full list, though, as i'm sure everyone else would like, too.

Mutt7000
09-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Ok, I got several pm's already. I'll post a list tomorrow. bill

Shadow_Contact
09-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Can someone post a link to the Robot Rebellion CC I cant find it.

Patrick A. Riley
09-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Can someone post a link to the Robot Rebellion CC I cant find it.
http://www.yojoe.com/archive/preprod/misc/cobracommander2.shtml

The Faceless Master
09-03-2006, 12:31 PM
I have the CMR <chinese midnite run> Urban Assault Scrap Iron & Nullifier

I have a weird variation paint scheme of the Crimson Coils seen here on the left
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donsbabyboo/detail?.dir=d4c6scd&.dnm=3311scd.jpg&.src=ph
It didnt come with a helmet

I already sold the WalMart Alley Viper ~ thanks Mike it'll ship this week

I also have the light blue Anti Venom version of Charboil
http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=2199&catid=searchresults&searchid=2463

suxx that I missed out on the Barricades cuz those were SWEET!! :cool:

GBPackRat
09-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Mutt was the best in my personal opinion...

Both the Light Blue and Dark Blue... Had a Police Off. feel to it.

Tanner

Sephiroth
09-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I picked up a cool comic pack Storm Shadow with a few differences from the released version:

1) The upper arms are molded in white plastic
2) The Cobra symbol has a white painted border
3) The belt is painted black on the waist piece

I refer to this figure as a "Mudnemo Storm Shadow" as Mudnemo was the name of the eBay seller I got mine from. Funny thing was that I bid on his auction for a regular release comic pack version, but this was the one that showed up instead. I know there were a few these that were sold, but I don't think there are a lot of them out there.

Here's a comparison pic I took a while back:

http://photos.yojoe.com/showfull.php?photo=1510

Mutt7000
09-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Ok, here's what i got.

All 6 of the light blue anti venom fig's. On a reg Anti venom card with all weapons. Sold as a set only!!
Dark blue anti venom Mutt
Black and grey con sub viper
Dark blue new sculpt IG
Urban assult storm shadow and nullifier
Wal mart blue and red storm shadow
and a grey storm shadow, i think its the BJ's version.

send me offers if interested. Bill

Flophouse
09-03-2006, 10:21 PM
http://www.yojoe.com/archive/preprod/misc/cobracommander2.shtml

I still get sad when I see photos of this CC. This is such a great mold and I really hope it eventually sees the light of day. It will probably show up in a darker blue and maybe even next year with the 25th figures. Who knows, but if Hasbro has it ready to go, they shoud use it. Actually I'm just now thinking of a great way to use him. Have him be a mail-away next year when the 25th figures come out. It's a good retro idea, the first mail-away was CC, this could be a nice touch for us collectors.

Mutt7000
09-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Ok this link should take you to the pic's. hopefully :)

The 6 light blue anti venom and dark blue anti venom mutt have been sold or are on hold. The rest is still avalible. Bill

danielmd06
09-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Nice. Very nice indeed. Thanks for the link.

Shadow_Contact
09-04-2006, 09:14 PM
A dark Blue Barricade and Charbroil with the helmets on would make really awesome Cobra Figures. Now I really want some, Flame Vipers and ?, Alley Viper Door Openers ?

code red shockwave
09-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Oooh yeah, I definitely want Barricade. The other figures don't impress me as much.

GBPackRat
09-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks for pic's Bill.

Tanner

CGC
09-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Hasbro considers these figures stolen. Discussing them is borderline, but selling them on YoJoe or linking to sales sites is not allowed. No warnings right now, but the offending links have been pulled. If you have posted any that are still up in this or any other thread, please remove them, any more links found will receive warnings.

Again, for now discussion is allowed, but allowing the sales could get YoJoe in trouble, thanks in advance for cooperating.

grimace404
09-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Shhhh!....they're watching us. Just slide the figure under the table nice and slow like...

Big Boa's punching bag 26
09-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Hasbro considers these figures stolen. Discussing them is borderline, but selling them on YoJoe or linking to sales sites is not allowed. No warnings right now, but the offending links have been pulled. If you have posted any that are still up in this or any other thread, please remove them, any more links found will receive warnings.

Again, for now discussion is allowed, but allowing the sales could get YoJoe in trouble, thanks in advance for cooperating.

So what is the Cobra Commander that is in the archive considered? It wasn't released to the public by Hasbro.

RedClaw
09-07-2006, 10:20 AM
To clarify, we are more then happy to showcase test-shots, protypes and alternate (cancelled) color schemes. That's what we're here for - but the sale is something that we've had our hands slapped on before.

We never received a Cease & Decist order, but it was made very clear to YoJoe staff, by Hasbro, to not allow the sale of these things on the site. But what you all do in your own private email - that's not our concern. ;)

Big Boa's punching bag 26
09-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Just a little heads up to the administrator you have some bootlegs for sale on your list that you might want to take off if your going to be enforcing this rule

GI Joe bootlegs MOC
The cards have some wear as is common on bootlegs
Alpine/Beach Head 2 pack
Dial-Tone/Leatherneck 2 pack

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?p=109404#post109404

GBPackRat
09-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah I noticed Donsbabydoo also was moving some prototype about 2 - 3 weeks ago. How firm is yojoe's stance in enforcement of selling bootleg or prototypes?

Tanner

RedClaw
09-20-2006, 12:49 AM
We attempt to examin everything every day, but there will be times when we can't. If you see something that we havent' caught, flag the message and report it. Posting about it in a management / comment thread, without links, does nothing to assist us.