View Full Version : Megatron or T10000??

Mr Rage
09-07-2006, 10:20 AM
To steal a quote:

Looks like they jumped the Sharkticon on this.

http://www.seibertron.com/infozone/transformers101.php

I'm getting a sinking feeling about this movie.

Mr Rage

Red Sox
09-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Let me preface this with saying that I am definitely disappointed with the look of the Transformers in the new movie. However, looking over that page, many of the newer Megatrons look absolutely nothing like the original, so if the creators of that page can accept all of Megatron's other wierd looks, why not the movie one?

Shogi
09-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Let me preface this with saying that I am definitely disappointed with the look of the Transformers in the new movie. However, looking over that page, many of the newer Megatrons look absolutely nothing like the original, so if the creators of that page can accept all of Megatron's other wierd looks, why not the movie one?

Very true, however if you look closely there are only two of the many Megs there that do not share a common resemblance in the head. The rest all have some characteristic that lets you know it's Megatron.

Now the movie Megatron looks more like Guyver than any transformer

Cobras Toys
09-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Thats not a transformer thats an ID4 alien major bummer there..I knew they were gonna mess it up..

Navajo
09-07-2006, 03:27 PM
The only Megatron that looks good on that page is the original. The newer one's are as crap as the movie one. But that movie one does look cool, just definatley not as Megatron. I got all excited when Optimus was talking Optimus...but then ya see stuff like this....just don't know.

Snake-eyes01
09-07-2006, 07:53 PM
After seeing how close they got Optimus' face to the original I'm ok with Megatron. See here: http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=8341

I mean, megatron's been a gun, tank, Crocodile, Dinosaur, Jet, Dragon, & some weird looking future car....... Heck, why not an alien ship too!?? Many times during the toy run his face has changed drastically, I say why should it bother us now?? I think he looks cool!

review-this
09-07-2006, 10:00 PM
i'm going to wait until the movie comes out before i get mad, cause i'll forget all about his face if the story is awesome

joeboy75
09-07-2006, 10:39 PM
This was the first i've seen of any movie designs and I have to say I think they 100% suck! I was so excited once I heard of this movie being made and just seeing these pretty much has made me loose any interest. I hate to be so negative but they don't look at all like what the Transformers were to me. But I guess things have to be "modernized" or something. Either way, Optimus looks terrible, Megatron doesn't look like transformer in any way, and I'm totally let down. Crap.

The Real Destro
09-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I can't see the face at all. Looks like a ape with it's head pushed in. And why does this remind me of Lord of the Rings?

statesofeuphoria
09-08-2006, 01:37 PM
This will be a great fun flick with giant transforming robots destroying cities and explosions everywhere.
This WILL NOT a movie version of the G1 characters we know and love. The similarity ends with the character names.
I have lost all hope that this will be anything resembling the G1 story, and I just hope it is halfway decent.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roninkengo/sets/72157594240901234/

Icebreaker
09-08-2006, 09:16 PM
In cartoon form, it's all fun.
But for live action, how do giant alien robots even have moving mouths, ya know? Why do giant alien robots even need eyes? How does a 30 ft. tall robot condense into a hand gun?
I would hope and expect that they went all original, and kept a good distance from the '80's 'toon.

TheReverend
09-08-2006, 10:37 PM
...how do giant alien robots even have moving mouths, ya know? Why do giant alien robots even need eyes? How does a 30 ft. tall robot condense into a hand gun?

Next time I see a giant 30 foot alien robot I'll be sure to ask :p

Fortunately I’ve never been that big a TFs fan, especially in my adult life. I did like them as a kid, but they were never up there with Joes or Star Wars for me.

So I wasn’t really looking forward to the movie that much, in the first place.

I will say; if they had gone retro and made the robots look true to their original design from back in tha day (G1) - I would have been driven to go see the movie out of nostalgia…And I imagine enjoyed it a lot.
They aren’t doing that, so I doubt I’ll be seeing it in the theaters - I’ll wait and catch it on video when it comes out...maybe...

I do have a few friends who are big time fans of TFs and they are all quite disappointed in the designs that have been shown so far… (that’s an understatement, I like bringing up the topic in front of them just to watch the insane reactions, and to listen to the chain of rapid fire curse words :Dso fun)

I guess only time will tell if the flick is a hit or a dud...

mjgriffi
09-08-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm not a huge TF fan, but I was hoping for something that brought back G1 memories. The movie megatron looks like a cross between Sauron and the Predator.

On the positive side, I'm sure this will be a fun movie:D .

Sevor
09-09-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm just excited that after 20 years of G1 transformers, we're going to getting a movie. Good or bad, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. :)

Viper Commander
09-09-2006, 06:10 PM
I was hoping for G1 looking TFs too, but the movies might still be good. :)

Scrapiron-Scavanger
09-09-2006, 10:39 PM
I am disapointed in Megatron and Star Scream. I can accept new bodies and trasformation molds. I don't mind megatron not being a little pistol, but common, they could have easily kept the familiar look each G1 face so you could tell who's who.

I predict it will be a big flop because they are avoiding attracting those 30 something movie gowers that grew up with TF but are not collectors/die hards.

Shogi
09-10-2006, 05:22 PM
ok, there have been many, many valid points on the good and bad of the new megatron design, but I have to say one thing.....How is disguising yourself as an ALIEN spaceship gonna work as camoflage on EARTH?! I do so hope that maybe this is Megatrons form before he comes to earth but I somehow doubt it. They had to just make Megatron look all evil and that equils lotsa pointy parts. What happened to the idea of him being a tank? It fit with the suppossed storyline and everything, so what is it now? The Decepticons land on Earth near an army base and it just so happens to be Area 51?! Also, I've been ok with most of the designs, the new helicopter Decepticon, I love it, even Bumblebee looks ok as a Camero, but why do the Robots (Prime in particular) have to look like they are all made out of a mess of wires with the barest hint of the car body on them. I mean where does the car parts go when they transform? They sure don't make up the robots body.

statesofeuphoria
09-11-2006, 07:15 AM
according to the script, Megatron is frozen in his Cybertronian form and hasn't made it into an earth vehicle form yet. http://www.flickr.com/photos/roninkengo/218687126/in/set-72157594240901234/
He also doesn't appear until the end of the movie. from what i've read there are a LOT of human roles and very few lines spoken by the bots. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Snake-eyes01
09-11-2006, 10:05 AM
according to the script, Megatron is frozen in his Cybertronian form and hasn't made it into an earth vehicle form yet. http://www.flickr.com/photos/roninkengo/218687126/in/set-72157594240901234/
He also doesn't appear until the end of the movie. from what i've read there are a LOT of human roles and very few lines spoken by the bots. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

If this is true, then they may be opening up the possibility for a second movie. Megatron is a main character just like Optimus so if they wait until the end to show him then most likely it will need a sequel......Hopefully??!!

Shogi
09-11-2006, 01:27 PM
If this is true, then they may be opening up the possibility for a second movie. Megatron is a main character just like Optimus so if they wait until the end to show him then most likely it will need a sequel......Hopefully??!!

They've already talked about this being a 3 movie deal