Paint Problems... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Paint Problems...

Canadian51
10-13-2006, 06:13 PM
HELP -

My mom bought me some vintage guys at a yard sale the other day. Duke, Stalker, Gung Ho and Torpedo all V1 (GO MOM).

They are tight, with minimal paint wear.

BUT the original owner needs to be punished severely. He took some paint or marker and "spruced" up the figures. The knives and buckles were done in this fashion (always black).

is there any way to get this stuff off? I have heard tell of nail polish remover, but I'm afraid it'll strip too much paint off? Are these guys doomed to be true customs or fodder?

Have y'all had any nightmares like this? I want to get these guys presentable again.

Thanks

Urban Saboteur
10-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi, If its black or coloured markers the best option is environmental friendly graffiti remover. Its what I use for defaced figures.
If you know anyone that works at a college or school and knows a buildings manager see if you can inch a bottle from them.. You can buy the graffiti remover online just google it.. make sure the remover is safe on plastics too. most of them have to be because of the plastic window frames at schools and colleges. Also if you know anyone in the cleaning contract business.. or knows someone that knows someone.

It worked for me on a couple of market figures I have bought in the past and because its tested on plastic theres no danger of burning or scarring the plastic like petrol does.
Let us know how you get on.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Average Joe
10-13-2006, 06:35 PM
I feel your pain. I have a handful of Night Force figures that I got off of Craigslist. A previous owner must have been into torture because he added fake blood all over these otherwise perfect figures. I'm still reluctant to try any removal.