View Full Version : When it rains, it pours.

orionlukteel
10-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Well guys, gotta vent. :rolleyes:

It's been a rough couple months, finding out about my mom and watching her condition get progressively worse. (see sig)

We found out my wife was pregnant, only to lose the baby two weeks ago, and the complications continue.

I find out last week I've got to break my nose to get rid of the sinus problems. :D

Then I find out yesterday that they are closing our office here in Vegas, so for all practical purposes, I'm unemployed as of next Friday.

So for anyone waiting on lists or responses from me, it's been a little out of the ordinary around here.

This ain't no sypmathy plea - it's an informative post to let everyone know I'm not putting you off, it's just toward the back of the line at this point.

I feel for anyone who's going through the wringer.

The Faceless Master
10-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Patrick
sorry to hear about your issues bro

i wish there was something i could do to help

gutstheberserker
10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Hang in there. We are here for you.

Urban Saboteur
10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
People gotta vent sometimes, as it happens I had a very very crappy September (as some of you already know of).. and so I was glad to see the back of that month.

Although in comparison it wasn't as bad as your troubles.. I'd like as a community mutant that I am offer my talon if you need to talk hit me up by email or PM. I always make time for my joe friends;) Take care and I hope you get through this difficult time.
NemesisEnforcerFan - Richard

jetski333
10-17-2006, 10:14 PM
When it rains, it pours. ... after which comes out the most beautiful rainbow. Hang in there & BELIEVE.

bluebikerboy1
10-17-2006, 10:54 PM
dude that blows. if it makes you fel any better just think of this. it cant get any worse.

YELSEW
10-18-2006, 03:12 AM
A friend of mine took the advice from his physician about breaking his nose to fix sinus problems. He said it was the most miserable experience. And when they pull the packing out after it is done, he said that was even worse! Not to bust your plans, but it didn't help him. He had it done a couple of years ago and still have the problems.

My past couple of months have sucked too. My parents are divorcing after 28 years of marriage and it is just a horrible horrible situation.

Hope things turn around!

neoviper76
10-20-2006, 07:05 PM
I feel for ya brotha. I too have had some crappy times. In fact this whole year kinda sucks for me. Nothin in particular......just nothin makin me happy. Keep your head up!!!!

danielmd06
10-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Just caught this thread. Sorry to hear about the difficult times...if there is anything we can do, you know all you have to do is let us know.

As for the breakage of the nose? As they said on the Rocky movies...it's probably an improvement. Think of all the hot women who will start to notice you!

orionlukteel
10-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks, guys - it's always cool to know the collecting community can pull together behind us when things go sour.

It always rebounds, it's just at a particular moment, it can look pretty bleak. Just wanted those who are waiting on me to know that I've got other things cooking badly - and have had for some time.

On the bright side, I put my resume on Monster Monday, had 8 calls and 10 emails from recruiters and companies on Tuesday, had 2 interviews Wednesday, and have two standing job offers already from those two interviews. I'll know by Tuesday afteroon where I'm going.

To boot, the current company will let me work as a subconsultant to finish up the remaining projects, so I'll have a bit of extra money on the side. More than enough to hook me up so I can buy you guys dinner at the Pittsburgh toy show. :D

The other items are still bummers, but as always, things are looking up quickly.

CGC
10-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Great to hear things seem to be turning. Good luck, & keep your chin up!

YELSEW
10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Are you talking about the Toy Show at Monroeville? I have been going there since the inception of that show and for the past 4 years I have been looking for YOJOE members. Maybe I can finally meet someone from here in December!

orionlukteel
10-24-2006, 10:39 PM
That very show.

I was a regular seller from about 1999-2002. I was the guy with the boxloads of Joe parts and shells. :D (that's usually all that was left by the time Gene and Troy got first shot at the tables on Saturday morning)

Keep an eye on the Pittsburgh Toy Show thread in the Regional forum - I'll try to get group reservations someplace close so we can meet in a non-crushing environment. :p And I'll have a home-made Yojoe "badge" for easy identification and targeting.:D

General update,
Job offer is all but signed, just have to pass the drug test. :eek: (If they screen for caffeine and Sudafed, I'm screwed)

Viper Commander
10-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Hey glad to hear things are better, its always exciting to start a new job! :D

danielmd06
10-25-2006, 09:10 AM
To boot, the current company will let me work as a subconsultant to finish up the remaining projects, so I'll have a bit of extra money on the side. More than enough to hook me up so I can buy you guys dinner at the Pittsburgh toy show. :D

Who-hooooo!

tank1976
10-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Great to hear things are going better for u. The first 8 months of this yr. where hard for me and my family, so I can somewhat understand.;)