View Full Version : Gaming Conspiracy?

Cobraghostship
11-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Do you think Ebay has anything to do with console game shortages?Maybe they cut the companies a check so they release only a few which then get sold on their site for outrageous prices.Were there console shortages before ebay?

TheReverend
11-29-2006, 03:54 PM
I think The Illuminati is behind it all. They are trying to destabilize the world through a lack of new gaming consoles. :p:D

And yeah I’m pretty sure there were console shortages before eBay – I had a real hard time getting a hold of a Genesis when they first came out – and I remember seeing adds in the local paper for scalper prices on them (The Illuminati, again - it's all them)

thunt4
11-29-2006, 05:02 PM
You have to think like a business and when you get a popular product and you short run it every person that wanted one originally will still want it but now you opened yourself up to a new market, the people who want it solely to sell for a profit so now you have a constant demand. Lets face it if there was enough to go around only people interested in it would buy them and even though they would sell a ton doing it this way creates free advertising for them as well. Can you think of one people that did not have a story in it about a ps3? I can't Now all the original people that still want them will wait and when sony releases there huge amount after christmas every one of them will still sell out for some time till it fades.If you create enough hype about anything and everyone is talking about it its only going to sell that many more and I am guessing this is why they do it every few years.

carnage717
11-29-2006, 05:54 PM
I dont think it has anything to do with Ebay. In my opinion I think the short run them the first few weeks just for the publicity. Any day a new console comes out all the do is get free advertising for an entire 2 or 3 days that they dont have to pay for. Its all about the free press. As soon as Christmas comes and goes there will be a ton of consoles clogging up the shelves. Alot of it also comes from the fact that gaming community in general are made up of a bunch of people feel they need to have the latest, coolest thing. Me personally Im waiting at least until this time next year befor I purchase a PS3. I actually have a Wii on the way but thats only because my sister in law who works for Nintendo and is able to get them at cost instead of MSRP. I ended up getting the Console, and extra Nunchuck, Classic Controler, Legend of Zelda Game, the GT Game for just over $300.

Icebreaker
11-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Dvd's are actually in stores, but can't be sold until official dates. Sony could have built up and done the same thing. Media hype is free advertising and creates a lot of word of mouth from that.