What aircraft would you want Hasbro to make next-ANY ERA [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : What aircraft would you want Hasbro to make next-ANY ERA

Tinmann
12-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Not for nothing, I would love to see an updated version of the SKYSTRIKER or even the old version in Navy grey and black. My second would have to be the A-6 INTRUDER-bombs galor and dual cockpit and foldable wings, Im ready to buy.

I thought the THUNDERWING was cool but very heavy and just too heavily laden with electronics that were, to me, unnecessary.

Is there any aircraft that you think would do really well, please post.

james strickland
12-06-2006, 12:45 PM
f 18 would be cool
c130 would be nice even if they would have room for a patriot grizzle to fit in.
stealth bomber would also be cool.

snarf5181
12-06-2006, 01:48 PM
I didn't think there were any planes I would be interested in, but a C130 could be the best Joe plane ever made! Opening cockpit, room for a desert fox & an awe striker or a mobat or a pair of hummers, room for troops, lots of possibilities!

Reptilian Popinjay
12-06-2006, 04:41 PM
I don't know if it is based on a specific plane or not, but I always wanted Hasbro to make those COBRA fighter jets that bomb the airfield blowing up Sky Strikers at the beginning of the Sunbow ARAH series.

Bigtattoo
12-06-2006, 05:17 PM
I didn't think there were any planes I would be interested in, but a C130 could be the best Joe plane ever made! Opening cockpit, room for a desert fox & an awe striker or a mobat or a pair of hummers, room for troops, lots of possibilities!
A c130 would be great.
Id like to see a Harrier jump jet too.
I believe one of the other companies has made one, but Ive not seen any pics.

sithviper
12-06-2006, 05:19 PM
B-52 bomber would be interesting because the Joes don't have any bombers. And if they make it to scale that thing would freaking huge :D

mjgriffi
12-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Great question!

I would definitely like to see a C-130, that would be really cool.

What about the new Eurofighter typhoon as a fighter. See the link below.

http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk/

It looks really cool and futuristic looking.

THE FAN
12-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I would like to see a real A-10. Rattler is cool but a real A-10 is awsomer. When you see one over head you knw theres ship going down. :) Not sure if any of you have see these in action but let me tell you. There a blessed form god in the ship. DON

Outback87
12-06-2006, 06:31 PM
I'd love to see a B-17 Flying Fortress. My favorite plane of all time.

Scrapiron-Scavanger
12-06-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't know if it is based on a specific plane or not, but I always wanted Hasbro to make those COBRA fighter jets that bomb the airfield blowing up Sky Strikers at the beginning of the Sunbow ARAH series.

Like this?

http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_specific_item.php?kind=vehicle&id=443

Honestly, I don't want to see Hasbro make any more aircraft. :shifty: The past couple years their offerings have been below sub-par and they would probably mess it up. What I would like to see is PTE come out with a MIG-29 Fulcrum or numeruos other Soviet style aircraft. The A-10, F-18/16/15/14/22 have been done to death IMO.

djett
12-06-2006, 09:32 PM
I have been kicking around the idea of a custome Joe C-130, for last couple of weeks, every since I discovered yojoe.com and learned i was not the only G.I. Joe adult collector and enthusiast.

if I stick to true 1/18 scale its over 5 foot nose to tail and the wing span is even larger, so I'm working on a more usable scale, lets face it I havn't done the math but I'm pretty sure the skystryker isn't to scale.

ten inch pvc pipe seems to be working for the fusalage and the ACP fits pretty well inside. I've also planed for the RAM's cannon to mount out the side to make it a specter type gunship.

I'm really open to suggestions to make this work, like what can I cannibalize to make the cockpit (i'm thinking of modifing the Tomahawk)

The Joes have used the c-130 almost from day 1 and I prayed Hasbro would make one. but alsa I'll do it myself.

Goldbug
12-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Like this?

http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_specific_item.php?kind=vehicle&id=443

Honestly, I don't want to see Hasbro make any more aircraft. :shifty: The past couple years their offerings have been below sub-par and they would probably mess it up. What I would like to see is PTE come out with a MIG-29 Fulcrum or numeruos other Soviet style aircraft. The A-10, F-18/16/15/14/22 have been done to death IMO.

The A-10 is coming out from PTE. Besides the Rattler, BBi's fat A-10, Chap Mei A-10 I haven't heard of any others.
Definately they could retool the '92 Liquidators & make them like the first Cobra jets.
A Eurofighter would be neat. This is the true Eurofighter website...
http://www.eurofighter.com/
The British version won't have a gun.
The F-35 could be another candidate...
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/jsf/
It will replace the A-10's.

Tinmann
12-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Hey THE FAN, the cheapie jets/gi joes at TARGET had a great to scale A-10, no RATTLER, but and honest to GI JOE A-10, Ill send you pics if you want. Im might even trade it if you have something to offer? Its not that I dont like the jet, I just need F-14s and F-18s right now, wouldnt mind a jet for a jet if you are interested. Just lmk. It actually has a flip down handle and ...well, you'll see. lmk.

Hadnt thought of a buff or a herc, those are big boys and even a b-17 would kick ***.

I checked out the Harrier jet, it isnt all that, if a very poor version-body is too small and cockpit looks like the front end of the WALMART WANNABE JOES, trust me, I really wanted this until I found the actual ship picture at a UK STORE. Very depressing.

Im surprised Hasbro doesnt do GI JOES thru history, the ATF has been done to death with the STORM EAGLE and THUNDERWING and frankly just offer no appeal. But do an F-4 or maybe a Skyhawk, that would be sweet. ****, even the SGT SAVAGE P-40 MUSTANG was pretty cool.

DPrime
12-07-2006, 01:28 AM
A Herc would be cool, but B-17? Come on... I mean, if they do a 3 3/4" Sgt. Savage line that'd be cool but otherwise what's the point?

Realistically, we won't get a Herc, but how about an Osprey? It's new, it's got a great action feature for a toy, and you could fit a ton of Joes in there (maybe even an AWE Striker? I'm not sure how big they are).

Tinmann
12-07-2006, 02:00 AM
B-17 realistically, no way jose, but if its your dream aircraft, hey its still a pretty sweet aircraft. I know I loved the old planes like the B-24 Liberator. Still hoping to see ANYONE make an A-6 INTRUDER. Wonder if Hasbro would do an anthology line and do GI JOES thru the ages, they did it for the 12 inch figures, could really cover a wide variety. I know, I know...keep dreaming.

An Osprey is a good compromise tho. Not sure if kids would really get into it, but its definately a cool aircraft.

By the by, who or what is PTE (from Goldbugs post)?

Not for nothing, Id rather have a fighter/aircraft with some history behind it, the future is coming but Id rather go back to when jet fighters looked mean and took a certain type of person to fly them.

Goldbug
12-07-2006, 03:12 AM
B-17 realistically, no way in ****, but if its your dream aircraft, hey its still a pretty sweet aircraft. I know I loved the old planes like the B-24 Liberator. Still hoping to see ANYONE make an A-6 INTRUDER. Wonder if Hasbro would do an anthology line and do GI JOES thru the ages, they did it for the 12 inch figures, could really cover a wide variety. I know, I know...keep dreaming.

An Osprey is a good compromise tho. Not sure if kids would really get into it, but its definately a cool aircraft.

By the by, who or what is PTE (from Goldbugs post)?

Not for nothing, Id rather have a fighter/aircraft with some history behind it, the future is coming but Id rather go back to when jet fighters looked mean and took a certain type of person to fly them.

21st Century or BBi would more likely make a B-17 than Hasbro would.
Here are some reviews of PTE stuff...
http://www.generalsjoes.com/reviews/pte.html
For now you can get those at Big Lots (http://www.biglots.com/) or through Toys R Us repackaged versions called Elite Operations.
They also make an F-18 in various different colors. http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Operations-Fighter-Plane-Pilots/dp/B0000YUMTU
Gray ones are their standard versions (http://www.toyfavorite.com/military-334-vehicles-playsets/power-team-elite-f-18-jet-fighte-2333679.html). Black or desert themed are at Toys R Us.

skinny
12-07-2006, 04:48 PM
try these on for size:

AH64 Apache
Panavia Tornado
MIG 31
MIG 29
SU 27
U2
B-2 i had one of these once it was a plastic little kids toy looked pretty sweet with a little matte black spraypaint, and some paint in the cockpit.
Hind D
and its near impossible but skip the c130 give me a c5 galaxy
I thought of the Osprey too but it seems a little too crash prone for me.
if a Harrier then has to be the AV-8B
Barnstormers just for fun a Sopwith camel
just a few things that hit me right away

MikePrime
12-07-2006, 09:15 PM
How about a Flying Tigers set? It could three or four Warhawk planes (I think that's what they used.) and a few Joe pilots in period the pilot gear of the late '30s/early '40s. They could be Ace, Slipstream, Wild Bill, and Lift-Ticket. Alternately, there could be Airborne, Skystriker Ghostrider or Dogfight.

Viper Commander
12-08-2006, 12:45 AM
I'd like to see these planes:

F-22 and F-35 (For Joes)

Eurofighter Typhoon (For Joes)

Mig-MFI AKA Mig-35 (For Cobra)

SU-47 (for Cobra)

JAS-39 Gripen (for Destro)

littlearmymen
12-08-2006, 05:50 AM
I would prefer that Hasbro produce a plane of their own design, or at the very most make something loosely based on real aircraft. E.g. Hurricane, Skyhawk, Condor, Firebat, etc. BBI, 21st Century Toys or Admiral Toys would do far better jobs producing accurate 1:18 aircraft.

djett
12-08-2006, 09:07 AM
I would prefer that Hasbro produce a plane of their own design, or at the very most make something loosely based on real aircraft. E.g. Hurricane, Skyhawk, Condor, Firebat, etc. BBI, 21st Century Toys or Admiral Toys would do far better jobs producing accurate 1:18 aircraft.

I'm quite the opposite, I like it better when the Joe's equipment and uniforms are simular to real military items. as a matter of fact, thats why my collection, aside from a few exeptions, doesn't really go past 1987.

It just kills me to send soldiers into combat with a bright red uniform, or have a pilot fly something without wings (rotary or fixed.)

littlearmymen
12-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah I know what you mean...I was referring to Hasbro designing new planes which are realistic but yet not based on any actual aircraft. I had the Ghoststriker back when it was released and compared with BBI's F-16 my Ace or Slipstream would rather pilot BBI's version anyday!

Actually now that I think about it some more I be really happy if Hasbro (or any other company) did a more detailed version of the YF-23 Black Widow II (perhaps with quality, scale and detail like the Night Raven). I really dislike the Storm Eagle version!

DPrime
12-08-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm quite the opposite, I like it better when the Joe's equipment and uniforms are simular to real military items. as a matter of fact, thats why my collection, aside from a few exeptions, doesn't really go past 1987.

I agree, same with me.

neapolitan joe
12-08-2006, 02:56 PM
B-52 Strato Fortress.

Icebreaker
12-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Anything from the X-plane category really.

On real world aircraft, I'd be most interested in a V-22 Osprey inspired craft. Although it would be nice to put a vehicle inside of it that we already have, like the AWE striker, I'd like to have it more handle-able as an aircraft than a playset. If I was in charge (if and when) of doing a Joe Osprey, I'd include a pair of recon bikes (like the RAM) and an ATV. Of course, I don't want an exact Osprey. I would want some changes, maybe an open side with some cannons (like an AC-130). And perhaps small forward pylons with rocket pods.

For a playset, I think a C-130 would be kind of neat.

ronin
12-09-2006, 07:05 AM
I would like for the big H to produce either the Osprey or F-117A. However, I do have to agree that if you want to go for detail, other companies such as PTE and BBI would do a better job.

I have just resorted to using and\or scratchbuilding 1:18 (or approximate scale) models for my Joes. I have a nicely scaled F-117A from Testor's that fits Joes in. So all I need to do is make a pilot (probably Raven from the tv episodes).

2LT VIPER
12-09-2006, 08:42 AM
I like the c-130 idea and the idea of a raptor.

The cobras have the rattler and that is like the a-10 not to mention you can get a f-18 and the warthog from other toy companies.

2LT VIPER
12-09-2006, 08:44 AM
I would really like to see a hind D for the october guard or one for cobra

djett
12-09-2006, 10:22 AM
For those of you who read the Comics in the begining, do you remember the Cobra helicopter. Kind of looked like a Sykorski sky crane. the first time I remember seeing it was the 1st G.I. joe year book. I load of Tele-vipers in Trouble Bubbles came out of it.

I'd like to see that,

DPrime
12-10-2006, 05:28 AM
I would really like to see a hind D for the october guard or one for cobra

YES! That would be just perfect.

Currahee_Chris
12-10-2006, 07:10 AM
How about a Sopwith Pup :p - for airshow duty.