America's Elite 18 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : America's Elite 18

skinny
12-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Picked this up and just finished reading it.
******possible spoilers ahead**********

I hate spoilers so I will try my best to be vague.
Everything all wrapped up in a nice neat little bow.
Unfortunately too neat maybe seemed too easy too quick.
Nice info about infiltrating DC though
CC in battle helmet..... wicked art there
As for the ending all I can say is..... so what.
Looks like everyone gets a fresh start a sort of "do-over"

Redstart
12-09-2006, 02:20 PM
I loved this issue. It does seem like everyone gets a fresh start and a new beginning, but not in a bad way to me. It seems like the end of the beginning and a new chapter is about to start. And from the way the story has been going, I can't wait to see that new chapter. I think there are some great battles and stories to be told in the very near future.

MikePrime
12-09-2006, 09:59 PM
I liked this issue and I'm glad to see that G.I. Joe is going to be back together, working as a team. I like that Cobra Commander is back and in complete control of Cobra.

neapolitan joe
12-10-2006, 02:33 AM
And Serpentor?
I would like to see Gen. Abernathy without the wheelchair.

Currahee_Chris
12-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Couldn't agree more with Neopolitan Joe- that wheelchair has got to go!! I loved AE 18 (guess everyone bypassed my thread :D ). Loved the dialogue with Duke and the doctor as he jumped out of the plane and went airborne. Enjoyed the scene with Snake Eyes and Spirit meeting in the elevator shaft- the brawl with Duke and Copperhead was classic!!

I'm looking forward to the continuation- I still think the "faceoff" thing with Cobra Commander is a bit wild but it worked.

I still love AE much more than Reloaded!!!!!!!

Hat's off to DD!!!

neapolitan joe
12-11-2006, 08:53 AM
I hope a return of classic characters!

Redstart
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Yeah, when I read this one I was kinda hoping that the upcoming war would cause a lot more Joes to return to active duty status. I mean, I love the stories we've had so far that focus on a few, but it would be great to see focus spread across many characters throughout a long series as in the old Marvel run. But perhaps this was something best done by Larry Hama and should not be attempted by the mere mortals at DD.

neapolitan joe
01-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Great Number!!!
Duke near G.I.Joe and Hawk, the conversation between G.I.Joe and the president, the Baroness punching Zarana...