View Full Version : NFL 2006 - Week 17

Patrick A. Riley
12-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Here were are. Last week of the season. Plently of playoffs seeds yet to be decided.

I need to pick up 6 games in pick'em to win. Doesn't look good

Patrick A. Riley
12-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Couldn't have won anyway. Jimmyboy only had 4 picks different from mine.
Well, looks like 2nd place for me, as usual

At least I'll win my family pool for the first time :)

Patrick A. Riley
12-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Coach of the Year has a few candidates, but "Dope of the Year" is no contest: Mike Shanahan
Cutler over Plummer? Ha ha ha :p

Patrick A. Riley
12-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Yes! While I finished 2nd in the Joe fans Yahoo pick'em pool, I finally won my family's pool. I finished two games out the past two years in 2nd place, but this year, I won by three :D

frozen_nd
01-01-2007, 11:22 AM
. .

The Faceless Master
01-01-2007, 02:05 PM
*OOPS!!*
Sorry Patrick, I just realized i was pretty much hijacking your
thread... my badd

The Faceless Master
01-01-2007, 02:09 PM
1> Bronco DB Williams was shot & killed

2> AZ fires Denny Green

3> ATL fires Jim Mora Jr

The Faceless Master
01-01-2007, 02:11 PM
any guesses who is up next on the firing range?
I think Art Shell should be fired as well
Mike Tice would make a good looking Raider Coach
plus he's coached Randy Moss, he knows what would make him "happy" :rolleyes:

Not sure who would make a good Atlanta Coach tho

Patrick A. Riley
01-01-2007, 02:15 PM
*OOPS!!*
Sorry Patrick, I just realized i was pretty much hijacking your
thread... my badd
No problem. If it has to do with the NFL, it belongs here. No need for a new thread

The Faceless Master
01-01-2007, 02:17 PM
will merge the threads then
as long as its ok with you :D

Patrick A. Riley
01-01-2007, 02:52 PM
will merge the threads then
as long as its ok with you :D
Hey, I'm just glad someone else is posting in the thread ;)

The Faceless Master
01-01-2007, 05:46 PM
anybody remember that CG commercial by Nike a coupla years ago that
featured a Computer Animated Vick throwing to a Computer Animated Owens?

Now that Mora Jr is out of Atlanta ~ his coaching staff as well that includes
Offensive Coordinator Greg Knapp that Owens would throw tantrums on during
their days as 49ers, if Owens gets released by the Cowboys at the end of the
season, I think Atlanta MUST sign him.
Either him, or Randy Moss, or even crazier sign them BOTH!! LOL!!

orionlukteel
01-01-2007, 06:10 PM
I highly doubt the Cowboys are going to release T.O. - Jerry Jones seems to have unending forgiveness for any of T.O.'s antics.

Whether Parcells is around next year is anyone's guess. I'd like to see him continue his rebuilding, but I don't know how much patience the front office has with any coach who isn't as successful as Jimmy or Tom Landry.

As for the coaching vacancies-

look for Bill Cowher to quit the Steelers, to move to the Carolinas to be with his trophy wife and bratty kid(s) - we've met them, otherwise I wouldn't have that opinion -and since Atlanta is in close proximity, maybe to take that job. Of course, he might take a year off, or I might just be totally off my guess and he'll stick with the Steelers another year.

Otherwise, Mike Mularkey or Dick LeBeau get the head coaching job.

With Nick Saban in the running for Alabama's head coaching job, is Jimmy's return to Miami far behind? :D (Saban's move is unconfirmed, only speculated)

Art Shell needs to be coaching a team that isn't self defeating. Arizona might actually be a good match, though I can't see Art Shell NOT in the black and silver.

And finally, not NFL related, Dave Wannstedt decides that he can't take any more losing seasons, NFL OR collegiate, and hangs it up. One can only hope, for my alma mater's sake. :D

whitedalek
01-01-2007, 07:31 PM
With Nick Saban in the running for Alabama's head coaching job, is Jimmy's return to Miami far behind? :D (Saban's move is unconfirmed, only speculated)

Noooo!!!! I hope Saban stays with Miami, but I can't blame him if he goes to Alabama ($40 Million will make me pack my bags!). However, Jimmy Johnson totally sucked as Miami's head coach. He's great at picking people in the draft, but as a coach down here, he blew. Plus, Miami's receivers actually get called for pushing off in the end zone, unlike Irvin! :D

review-this
01-01-2007, 10:41 PM
i love parcells, but i think he is gone.

jerry will pay a butt-load of cash to cowher or he'll get jimmy johnson back in big D.

mark my words

orionlukteel
01-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Forgot something - here in Vegas every team has its own bar. Some teams have two or three. We found our second Steelers bar a few weeks ago and the crowd is just the nicest bunch of fans I've ever run into - they don't even harrass me for being a Cowboys fan. Heh - try THAT in Pittsburgh. If you're wearing a white Cowboys jersey in da Burgh, it won't stay white for long. :D But I digress.

But we had the pleasure of meeting Dick Walker, defensive backs coach for the Steelers during the Steel Curtain days. He was sitting at the table behind us with the bar owner and a few others. Didn't get a whole lot of time to talk, but we noticed that his Super Bowl ring was reeeeeeeeal shiny. :) At the end of the game, there was a raffle for a Santonio Holmes jersey, and Mr. Walker pulled our ticket. My wife was ectstatic, and asked him if she could hug him for pulling the ticket. He smiled and gave her a huge hug and a smooch on the cheek - just a real gentleman all around.

We tried to talk him into going back to the Steelers and bringing some of that Steel Curtain mentality back to them, he said he'd think about it. :p

Kir Kanos
01-03-2007, 10:18 AM
I can't believe we lost to the Lions.

orionlukteel
01-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Looks like Saban is going to leave after all. Like whitedalek said, $40 million would get me to move in a hurry. :D

BIGFAN
01-03-2007, 11:10 AM
whats sad about the cardinals is all of their talent......i think what they need is an unknown coach..fresh blood that will get them going

shanahan messed up imo

plummer is better than grossman and would have played better in tight spots...but i do like cutlers arm strength

cowher is done fellas. he wont coach again for at least 2-5 years if ever

johnson i cant see coming back at all

parcells will stay at least one more year in dallas but i dont see owens staying. he may have gotten his stats this year but he is a cancer on any team. not worth it imo

moss needs to go to atlanta..perfect fit with vicks arm. but moss needs to give a crap about football again.

the broncos took a huge blow loosing williams. what a horrible thing