Joe items you like from a line you don't [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Joe items you like from a line you don't

Patrick A. Riley
12-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Are there any items you have or want that are part of a scale/line (12", Sigma 6, new sculpts, Sgt. Savage, etc.) that you generally don't like or don't collect?

The Faceless Master
12-31-2006, 09:14 PM
i like the design of the vehicles for the 2.5 line
but don't own any of them cuz i dont like the figures

CGC
12-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I have to agree here. Most of the 2" scaled vehicles are great. Some can be adapted to fit 3" figs, but most are hopelessly doomed to remain S6 paraphernalia... :rolleyes:

Oh well. It's nice to see that some detail & thought are going into them - hopefully it'll carry over into the 3" line when it comes back in force. ;)

GI Trekker
12-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Two of the vehicles from the otherwise awful Sgt. Savage line -- the I.R.O.N. Army Tank and the P-40 Warhawk, are actually very cool vehicles. They also seem better scaled to 3-3/4" figures more than they do the 4-1/2" Savage figures.

Also, while I never had much use for most "newsculpt" G.I.Joe figures, I did like a number of the vehicles. If they came with figures, those generally went to eBay. I called that a built-in rebate. :)

When I got the Crimson Command Copter, I paid $30 for it (yeah, I know, never expected to see it on clearance). I managed to sell the Tomax and Xamot that were included with it for $40. Know what that is? A free helicopter and lunch at IHOP... :D

DPrime
01-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Speaking of which, if anyone wants a P40 Warhawk MIB, shoot me an offer - I got a really nice one in a lot, but I don't collect the line.

I guess you could say that I like Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow (the first versions of both) and Destro from the Sigma Six line, which I generally do not like. I'll probably pick up Zartan too... It's the RAH-looking stuff I like, I guess. I couldn't care less about the others...

The Faceless Master
01-01-2007, 09:32 AM
I like the S6 Firefly too
I actually have the figure, just wished that it was 3-3/4th inch tho

YELSEW
01-01-2007, 09:56 AM
I really like the smaller scale stuff, but I am not buying it. I just do not have room. I like the S6 Firefly too.

Urban Saboteur
01-01-2007, 08:30 PM
I actually like the Classic Collectors Series Wrestling Figures. I think the sculpts and detailing gone into them by Jakks is fantastic.. I wont ever collect them.
1. I do have the money but its saved for GIJOE
2. Even if I had lots of money I would still buy GIJOE

Aside from those. I do have the Hulk Movie Edition Figure and a Transformers Armada Megatron. I have also recently purchased A-Team Vehicles the GMC Truck and Facemans Corvette as well as Dukes Of Hazzard General Lee Car.

As for GIJOE stuff all of mine is 3 3/4. I dont really like 12" Joes as a concept they feel clumsy to me.. the 2.5 stuff is too small.

Currahee_Chris
01-01-2007, 09:16 PM
There are a few. Mostly, anything after 1992 or 93 I was a little skiddish on- all that neon plastic was killing me.

Mananimals. Any of the non V1 Fireflys mold- to include the new S6 stuff- just awful. I do own some of the S6 2.5 line and generally don't like the figures either but was surprised it took Hasbro so long to come out with a line of this size- it seemed far more manageable and simpler for kids to play with.

I am not a fan of the 2000 Collector's Edition Low Light- something about the Bob Seger look just didn't work for me. I also didn't like how they changed up the codenames either.

Hawk is was and always will be my favorite character- haven't found one outside v1 that I like yet.

I actually was VERY disappointed with the Comic 3 packs- those figures are just awful- they cannot hold any of their weapons. I have stopped buying them altogether because I got fed up dealing with thos figures. I am considering just selling all of them.

Loved a lot of the Valor vs. Venom figs but thought they were a little too bulky- that line still has the best Flint and Beacheads.

I guess Snakes and Stormy outside the v1 molds are hit and miss.

YEAH!! This is my first post for 2007!!!!

MikePrime
01-01-2007, 11:16 PM
I have the Sigma 6 Firebat and VAMP. There are some Sigma 6 figures I might buy, like Destro or Long Range, but I can't start collecting those.

Red Sox
01-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I picked up Sigma Six Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, Destro, and Zartan and I like them all, Zartan is my fave of the bunch, but S6 as a whole I don't really care for.