Any info or rumors about 2007's lineup for new 8" Sigma Six figures? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Any info or rumors about 2007's lineup for new 8" Sigma Six figures?

Mateo77
01-01-2007, 11:57 PM
I know we are getting Shipwreck, Wet Suit, Cobra Firefly, and Grand Slam. I also heard Flint and Gung Ho will be made. I didn't know if any other figures had been planned. I would really like an Outback figure or any of the Dreadnocks. Have a great New Year.

GI Trekker
01-02-2007, 02:03 AM
Flint, to the best of my knowledge, remains a rumor. There's also the new character Lockdown. And of course no shortage of various versions of Duke, Storm Shadow, and others.

Haven't heard about anyone else, and I suspect we probably won't until Toy Fair at this point.

But, if I may, let's consider -- who among the established characters in the 3-3/4" universe would we LIKE to see make the jump to 8" Sigma Six?

Scarlett tops my list, but I'm not holding my breath.

Heavy Duty has pretty well taken Roadblock's place, so I doubt we'll see him. Major Bludd could be interesting. Stalker, perhaps? An actual arctic trooper instead of Arctic Duke? Frostbite, maybe? How about Sci-Fi? He'd probably get along well with Hi-Tech, and they could give him some impressive equipment.

Predacon? :D (Okay, so I wanted to give my avatar a plug...)

neapolitan joe
01-02-2007, 04:50 AM
Buy TOYFARE (next number: march 2007).

GI Trekker
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Buy TOYFARE (next number: march 2007).Good point. They're planning a Photo Price Guide for Sigma Six. And ToyFare has a habit of throwing in "uocoming merchandise" for such guides, regardless of the line. Whether they'll have anything beyond what's already known is anybody's guess, but it could be interesting.

Mateo77
01-02-2007, 04:38 PM
I was thinking about it and Low Light would make a nice Sigma Six figure. Also, I thought of Grunt, Lady Jaye, Dr. Mindbender, General Hawk, Quick Kick, Blow Torch, and The Fridge. (Just kidding about The Fridge).

Although, if they ever decided to bring back the mail-away celebrity character figure, they could do Jack Bauer or Sgt. R Lee Ermey. That would be cool.

nosajnnyl
01-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Besides the ones that we're missing from the show (SCARLETT, BARONESS, Jinx, Torch, Buzzer, Machete, & Cobra Troopers). Overkill I think is supposed to be on his way.

I'd like to see Major Bludd, Tomax, Xamot, Beachhead, Shockwave, & Stalker

GI Trekker
01-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Tomax and Xamot could definitely be a cool two-pack if they had good uniform designs.

If BeachHead isn't a contender, he should be. He's prominent and distinctive enough.

As for celebrities, Sgt. Slaughter expressed interest in being part of the Sigma 6 line at the Joe Convention, but whether anything comes of it is anybody's guess.

Given the somewhat exaggerated style of the figures, imagine the chin on it...:eek: :D

misterd
01-16-2007, 01:05 AM
I know we are getting Shipwreck, Wet Suit, Cobra Firefly, and Grand Slam. I also heard Flint and Gung Ho will be made. I didn't know if any other figures had been planned. I would really like an Outback figure or any of the Dreadnocks. Have a great New Year.

We are getting Gung Ho, or at least it seems so. There was a production drawing in the last fanclub letter; we can only assume it's going into production.

Flint and the Dreadnoks (or A Dreadnok) remain rumors, but they are figures they were at least talking about doing (the DK story was quoted again in ToyFair, which makes it much more likely IMO).

I've got a running tally on all the planned 8 and 2.5 figures posted on JBL, as well as links to whatever pics are available to the general public:

http://www.joebattlelines.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9236

Red Sox
01-17-2007, 11:10 AM
I've got a running tally on all the planned 8 and 2.5 figures posted on JBL, as well as links to whatever pics are available to the general public:

http://www.joebattlelines.com/forums...pic.php?t=9236

Thanks that is an excellent list. Any pics of Zartan and his chameleon?

misterd
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks that is an excellent list. Any pics of Zartan and his chameleon?

You mean for the 2.5 line? Yeah, they have it on GIJoe.com I think. Hold on...

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=18776

There. If you hunt around you can find pics of most of the upcoming figures.

Red Sox
01-18-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the link, now I just have to hope that it can somehow be fitted to work for 3.75".:)

dockingbay97
01-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Remember Toy Fair is in a few weeks - we should see a lot more out of there - hopefully.

misterd
01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Remember Toy Fair is in a few weeks - we should see a lot more out of there - hopefully.

Well, that depends.

Hasbro has a lot of big licenses to deal with this year. There's the Transformers, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four film toys to pimp. It's the 30th anniversary for Star Wars, Hasbro's most important action figure line. There's going to be tons of material pushing these, backed by hollywood advertisement dollars.

Joe may get something for the 25th anniversay of ARAH, but I don't see that getting more of a push than, say, 20th TFs did (probably not much, given that Joe is at a lower point now than TFs were then). And even that will likely be geared towards 3.75 fans (as it should). So I'm not sure how much S6 will be displayed. We need someone there to ask about the line.

dockingbay97
01-19-2007, 10:56 AM
We need someone there to ask about the line.

Don't worry - we will be represented.