FX show at the end of the month [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : FX show at the end of the month

Floridaman
01-03-2007, 04:36 PM
How many from the boards here are planning on attending this?? The usual of us? heres a link for anyone who may be interested its at the Orange County Conv center in Orlando, FL once again they have moved in back to here.

www.fxshow.com

Big Boa's punching bag 26
01-04-2007, 02:08 PM
I'll be going Saturday

Floridaman
01-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah thats the day I am goin most likely also Rich, yepppp one of the FL regulars was 1st to post LoL

Ted
01-10-2007, 07:31 AM
I will also be going there on Saturday with a bud of mine.

Sean, I will bring Flint and the comic books with me.

John Missal
01-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Wish I could go. I'm barely getting any days off with the wife as it is...Dec 7, Dec 25 and now Jan 20. I don't think she'd let me spend any days off there :-(

John M>

01-11-2007, 09:57 PM
I guess we see who wears the pants in that family.;)

KrymsynGardImmoral
01-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I really want to, but with my new job I just can't take the time off. I have a small amount of vacation time since I just started, and I want to save it for the joe con. it is a shame, i was going to work for the promoter again this year. It is a pretty cool deal with all the freebies.

primenemesis
01-22-2007, 10:52 AM
i'm going and i'm gonna have a trunk full of stuff to be selling. for all interested. anyone interested in GI JOE AND STAR WARS let me know and we can meet up. i'm going to make a seperate thread for this for all interested.

01-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I forgot to buy my ticket so I went to get it today and they stopped selling them online now I have to wait in line what a bummer:(

Floridaman
01-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I always get there around 9 an hour early and theres no line usually then I will save you a space in the line into the show

Mutt7000
01-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Anyone have an extra anti venom or night force 6 pack? I can buy and pick it up or trade. Lmk Bill

Ron Conner - Treasures 'N Toys
01-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I am going on Friday. Probably be there when it opens at noon. Derek Anderson is also going on Friday. But I don't know if anyone else is able to go this day becuase most people either have work or school. So it is a bad time to meet up, but I guess a good time to find things that haven't been picked through. So a two edged sword indeed.
I hope to see you guys there.
Ron

01-24-2007, 02:33 PM
I always get there around 9 an hour early and theres no line usually then I will save you a space in the line into the show

Cool thanks.

I am going on Friday. Probably be there when it opens at noon. Derek Anderson is also going on Friday. But I don't know if anyone else is able to go this day becuase most people either have work or school. So it is a bad time to meet up, but I guess a good time to find things that haven't been picked through. So a two edged sword indeed.

Would there be as many sellers there on Friday as compared to Saturday?

01-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Cool thanks.
Would there be as many sellers there on Friday as compared to Saturday?

From what I remember from past conventions, 95% of the dealers are there. Besides, if I was paying about 500.00 for a booth, I sure would try to be there all 3 days to recoup the table fees.
There are a few signing guest that have work and are not able to fly in until Saturday. Or they have to leave early and can't attend Sunday for the same reason.

01-26-2007, 08:13 PM
So how was it Ron?

01-26-2007, 08:24 PM
So how was it Ron?

It was ok. But make sure you go to the right building. it is in the new white building across the street. Derek and I found out the hard way. It is all the way in the back (north side). Cost is 20.00, the most I remember him ever charging. You gotta sign in on a computer before you can get your ticket. So before we got in, we had a huge run around, but once inside, it was cool and a lot of different stuff. Not a ton of joe stuff. in fact, no one really speicalizing in them. no drop dead good deals. But dealers are desperate to sell, so you can low ball them and they will take the deal. all the guests will be there tomorrow, a few weren't there today.
have a good time ya'll. See ya'll at the next get swap meet. Where is it at anyways? I hope centrally located like before. :-)
Ron

01-26-2007, 09:23 PM
See ya'll at the next get swap meet. Where is it at anyways? I hope centrally located like before. :-)
Ron

John said something about hosting in April or May since he was moving it would be easier to for him to get all his stuff out to try and sell.