25th Anniversary Pics - Duke [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Pics - Duke

dockingbay97
01-23-2007, 12:52 PM
25th Anniversary Pics - Duke

Please post public pictures of the 25th Anniversary Duke figure here when they become available and discuss.

Do not post Master Collector Club pictures here.

carnage717
01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
I like the updated look but I would have really liked to see him without the helmet on just so we could see what his hair looks like. If he comes with a nice flatop hair do similar to what the Sigma Six Duke has then that will be one nice looking figure. I have to say I was iffy on the new body construction but these are some very detailed figures coming out. Since we know were only getting 25 figure I'm wondering how hard it will be to do customs out of these guys.

yojoebro82
01-23-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm a fan of the receeding hair line cartoon look, myself.

The 100% Argento Outback
01-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Just see it..very cool enough, well proportioned and for the detail he looks like a bigger fig.

Edit: is kind of Sgt. Savage-ish...

MikePrime
01-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Hasbro already had me with the Storm Shadow figure, this Duke just makes things even better.

RedClaw
01-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Officially posted news - http://www.yojoe.com/magazine/2007/01/23.shtml

snakeyes26
01-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Another great one, can't wait to see what tomorows figure will be!

Big Boa's punching bag 26
01-23-2007, 03:31 PM
These are looking very cool. What's the release date?

willie&joe
01-23-2007, 03:40 PM
These are looking very cool. What's the release date?

Summer according to the Hasbro news site.

code red shockwave
01-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Wow that's a baggy looking waist. At least Storm Shadow's wasn't as bad...yikes this is definitely not a figure I want.

Shogi
01-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Just as awesome as I had hoped :) Looking at it, it looks like it has a wrist joint (possibly just to bend one way) and it might have a swivel joint at the shirt sleeve cuff

I love the helmet! Definately old school

sithviper
01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
It kinda looks like they dropped the O-ring construction for these

Shogi
01-23-2007, 04:09 PM

Yeah I think these are more Marvel Legends construction but at 3 3/4 scale. Not exactly like superhero showdown (hence the regular shoulder joins instead of ball joint shoulders)

SLG
01-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Looks cool, but I wish he wasn't holding his gun in front of him. so you could see him better. The gun allso looks kinda big. I can't wait for these to come out.

Shogi
01-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Looks cool, but I wish he wasn't holding his gun in front of him. so you could see him better. The gun allso looks kinda big. I can't wait for these to come out.

I have the same issue with the pictures they've taken.

I also hope they have a hole in their back for backpacks. I would love to see this duke sporting a Jump pack :)

dryhawk37
01-23-2007, 04:20 PM
If they had the O-ring Id be happy, but didnt they learn their lesson with Sgt. Savage (which these seem to resemble)???

I love Gijoe, I like Hasbro, but I hate these figures........

Acantilado
01-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Poor, specially when compared with Storm Shadow. And now I'm starting to worry about the lack of o-ring :(

Super Sport
01-23-2007, 04:35 PM
no-rings :mad:

Bravo
01-23-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm concerned how well they'll sit, anyone who owns a Sgt. Savage figure knows they can't sit well, and that was one thing that turned me off of that line.

The good news, is that Duke is being made. Because GI JOE without Duke isn't GI JOE ;)

The arms look good, like he'll be up for some good aiming positions. Vintage Joe style helmet, which is retro, of course and cool. Hopefully there'll be a variant grinning head, too. :D

KolobosRexx
01-23-2007, 04:47 PM
This looks as awesome as the first! And VERY traditional, minus the massive heads, metal rivets, & yellow skin! ;)

Volleydan
01-23-2007, 04:53 PM
I liked the SS figure. I don't like this one at all.

The gun is way out of scale (though it could be a trick of the camera angle, so I reserve the right to change my mind).

Like the SS, this figure seems to have awesome paint apps....but the "full diaper" look for the torsos is a major turn off to me for these figs so far. Plus, without the shoulder straps of the CC figure, it appears that the shoulder joints on this figure look awkward.

If SS was an A-, this one is barely a C.

smokehouse
01-23-2007, 04:54 PM
I can’t complain…

It pays homage to the original line and does not try to be modern or look like something out of a Japanese comic book. It’s clearly Duke and he’s even wearing a detailed version of his original uniform, just like the new Storm Shadow…

Tim F.
01-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Will these be packaged individually or in a set?

Shogi
01-23-2007, 05:13 PM
we don't know but it's been rumored that there will be sets of 5 figures around $25 a set

whitedalek
01-23-2007, 05:17 PM
So far, I've liked what I've seen. Woot! Can't wait to see some Cobras. :D

Urban Saboteur
01-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Ok here is my thoughts on Duke. I've noticed already that the gun appears to be positioned in front of the torso. I would of liked to have seen more of the figure here..
The helmet looks great as does the Jawline, i agree with Smokehouse here about him being instantly recogniseable. Hasbro still has my attention with these figures and I am very much looking forward to the next picture :D I think for the most part i can only comment on a "so far" basis. I will probably buy them and judge them for sure when I have them to inspect in hand.

So far I have seen 2 G.I.JOE figures created with new articulation and yet stick to the original concept of the classic character. I'm pleased :cool:

82to87Joes
01-23-2007, 05:25 PM
something tells me those arent pics of the actual figures

Average Joe
01-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Does he come in the non-cuffed sleeve variant??? :D

Shogi
01-23-2007, 05:52 PM
something tells me those arent pics of the actual figures

What gives you that impression? Are talking about them being pics of 2 ups or something like that?

NIPPER
01-23-2007, 06:34 PM
The no o-rings thing is a bit of a downer but they look amazing regardless. My only worry is that they sacrificed durability for the extra joints. But I guess we won’t know that until I have them in my hands.

Big Boa's punching bag 26
01-23-2007, 06:45 PM

Looks like it has an O-ring to me but even without it's still a super cool figure.

Red Sox
01-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Another great homage to a classic V1 character. Hopefully he will come with a backpack and binoculars. One detail they missed is the knife on his boot. I'm not worried about no o-ring as long as the articulation is the same as an o-ring would offer. Can't wait for the next one/ :D

Kann
01-23-2007, 06:55 PM
I dont really like it. but again I will still buy it.

Reptilian Popinjay
01-23-2007, 07:51 PM
I like the Duke, too, and I only collect COBRA stuff. If these are packaged like the VOTC Star Wars, I will get them all (do I have the wall space for that?).

danyanda
01-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Does anyone else feel that his eyes are too small and too close together. Maybe it is just me, but instead of Duke he looks kind of like a weasel.

I am tenatively happy about these figures. I would love it if they had an o-ring and just didn't look like it. The accessories look great.

It is always hard for me until I see them in person.

Bigtattoo
01-23-2007, 08:00 PM
It is always hard for me until I see them in person.
I agree 100%. its hard to fully judge a figure until u see them in the 'plastic'.
In regards to Shogi's earlier post- Id assume they do have holes in the back based off SSs backpack.
Again, until we see more pics its hard to say.
Id like to see more dynamic poses- see what the added articulation allows.
I think prone positions will be easier to achieve with these.

Shogi
01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
In regards to Shogi's earlier post- Id assume they do have holes in the back based off SSs backpack.

I thought the same but SS's backpack also looks like it could be held on by the chest strap. Guess we'll know once they're out though

The Lord of Steel
01-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Perfect ! I'm happy they use the original look of the figures.

I really hope they give us a new Cobra Eel using the original cobra eel look.

82to87Joes
01-24-2007, 07:49 AM
What gives you that impression? Are talking about them being pics of 2 ups or something like that?

yeah possibly, i was thinking more of an artistic impression of the figure. the shading and detail just dont look right to me

Puffo
01-24-2007, 08:00 AM
I really hope they give us a new Cobra Eel using the original cobra eel look.
Then there are two of us. That would be awsome!

About Duke and SS. WOW! I love them! Can't wait to se the other 23 (well, 8 to begin with) fugures. I have to start saving money...

Shogi
01-24-2007, 08:39 AM
yeah possibly, i was thinking more of an artistic impression of the figure. the shading and detail just dont look right to me

Well the picture probably has been photoshopped a little bit. I know Hasbro was doing that to Transformers packaging art to hide the rivets and such. Also, looking at SS, his left foot looks like it really isn't supporting his weight like it should be, given the position it's in.

Still, I think these pics are gonna be nearly indistinquishable from the real thing. It wouldn't make sence for Hasbro to release pictures of up comming products to generate buzz if the products aren't going to look like the pictures

flounnderr
01-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey all,

SO now gi joe became starwars??? No O ring means No buy from me. Although they do look like good starwars figures.

Maybe they should have done this 5 years ago so we wouldn't have to have been subjected to disproportionate hacks of rah.

regards,
Joshua

frozentundra
01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Is it just me or do the new figures all look like they are wearing diapers?

Shogi
01-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey all,

SO now gi joe became starwars??? No O ring means No buy from me. Although they do look like good starwars figures.

Maybe they should have done this 5 years ago so we wouldn't have to have been subjected to disproportionate hacks of rah.

regards,
Joshua

Nope, they've become mini Marvel Legends. There are very few to almost no Star Wars figures with this much articulation

mjgriffi
01-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I like this figure.....he looks cool! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest!!:D