View Full Version : Problems building the DST Stargate

dockingbay97
02-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Has anyone successfully built their Stargate from the DST figures yet?

I am stumped. I can't get it together right. I have read some rumors that there are problems with the pieces but I can't get that verified.

I have all the figures except for

Desert Combat Jackson
Desert Combat O'Neill
I have heard both that these weren't made or were but were only distributed in the UK and Australia.

Replicator Carter - not released yet
Desert Combat Carter - not made yet

I can't figure out where I have gone wrong. My ramp went together well enough. It just doesn't seem like I have all the correct ring pieces.

sithviper
02-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I'll do my best to describe how I put what I have together. I only have two of the sections so far (the ones on the from Col. O'Neill and Dr. Jackson) and I got them together. It wasn't easy. Going left to right I put The short section from Col. O'Neill and then Dr. Jackson's. The "T" shaped tab goes into the back of the next section. The chevron overlaps the outer most ring of the gate. I sorta had to twist the sections to interlock. I'm not sure how I will do it when I get the rest of gate. :rolleyes: I took a pic (http://hometown.aol.com/darthstarscream/images/star%20gate%20fit.jpg) of how I put them together.

I hope it helps.

dockingbay97
02-01-2007, 11:07 PM
I found out one of the figures was packed with the wrong gate piece. DST is trying to figure out a solution. It still fits together - the chevrons just don't all line up correctly.

Jeff Bohn
02-02-2007, 10:37 AM
"Diamond Select Toy’s Stargate Series 2 action figures were recently released and unfortunately due to a factory error the Samantha Carter figures were packaged with the wrong piece of the Stargate. While the Stargate does fit together with the four released pieces, the Samantha Carter piece is the same piece that came with the Jack O’Neill figure in Series 1. It was our intention for each character to have a unique piece of the gate.

In attempt to get the missing Stargate piece to our fans, we ask that they visit www.diamondselecttoys.com/gate and enter in the required information. We will send a replacement piece out as soon as possible, free of charge.

We regret this factory mistake and apologize for any inconvenience. We realize that our fans expect the highest standards from our products, and we strive for nothing less.

Thank you,

-Diamond Select Toys"

dockingbay97
02-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Where did you find that? Did I ignore something in a newsletter?

PJDonnell
02-02-2007, 12:18 PM
The article's up at TNI right now.

Jeff Bohn
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
on figures.com too, plus I usually get their press releases in my inbox. Just got it a few hours ago.

Jeff

dockingbay97
02-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Good - it looks like my whining to several of their staffers yesterday was too much for them to deal with. :)

sithviper
02-02-2007, 03:59 PM
"Diamond Select Toy’s Stargate Series 2 action figures were recently released and unfortunately due to a factory error the Samantha Carter figures were packaged with the wrong piece of the Stargate. While the Stargate does fit together with the four released pieces, the Samantha Carter piece is the same piece that came with the Jack O’Neill figure in Series 1. It was our intention for each character to have a unique piece of the gate.

In attempt to get the missing Stargate piece to our fans, we ask that they visit www.diamondselecttoys.com/gate (http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/gate) and enter in the required information. We will send a replacement piece out as soon as possible, free of charge.

We regret this factory mistake and apologize for any inconvenience. We realize that our fans expect the highest standards from our products, and we strive for nothing less.

Thank you,

-Diamond Select Toys"

Interesting, looks like you don't even have to prove that you bought it at all

sithviper
02-24-2007, 04:52 PM

In attempt to get the missing Stargate piece to our fans, we ask that they visit www.diamondselecttoys.com/gate (http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/gate) and enter in the required information. We will send a replacement piece out as soon as possible, free of charge.

Thank you,

-Diamond Select Toys"

For all those who ordered the replacment piece and have not gotten it yet keep an eye on your mailboxes. I got mine today. It took about 3 weeks

dockingbay97
02-25-2007, 03:28 AM
Yeah, I got mine today as well.