02-04-2007, 03:01 PM
So, which set of 3 movies is the best?

The Matrix Trilogy
Star Wars 1,2, and 3
Star Wars 4,5, and 6
X-men Trilogy
Spiderman Trilogy (3 comes out soon)
Lord of the Rings Trilogy

You can also post an "other" but please specify. I intentionally left out some trilogies (like the El Mariachi trilogy) because it is just not geeky enough. Maybe I should make a rule that the trilogy has to have Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving, or Christopher Lee in order to be eligible.

TheReverend
02-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Original Star Wars, 'nuff said. :D

Patrick A. Riley
02-04-2007, 04:09 PM
1st Star Wars trilogy.
Other than all 6 SW movies, I haven't seen any of the others

whitedalek
02-04-2007, 04:20 PM
There's only one answer..the original Star Wars trilogy.

Syna3sthesia
02-04-2007, 04:49 PM
The original Star Wars Trilogy, the rest can't compare.

Snake-eyes01
02-04-2007, 05:00 PM
My top three choices are:

#1 Original Star Wars
#2 LOTR
#3 Spider-Man

BUT, if I could choose Back To The Future, I'd place that as #2!

Patrick A. Riley
02-04-2007, 06:24 PM
My top three choices are:

#1 Original Star Wars
#2 LOTR
#3 Spider-Man

BUT, if I could choose Back To The Future, I'd place that as #2!
As they recently played the Back to the Future trilogy, that got me thinking about the greatest trilogies of all-time, not just the "geek" ones ;) . BTTF would be up there for me too

neoviper76
02-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Original Star Wars trilogy all the way. And for me......the Blade trilogy after that.

cobraferret
02-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Original Star Wars
Then Back To The Future Trilogy

Abomb
02-04-2007, 08:46 PM
LOTR all the way. Back to the Future is cool too.

Snake-eyes01
02-04-2007, 09:11 PM
As they recently played the Back to the Future trilogy, that got me thinking about the greatest trilogies of all-time, not just the "geek" ones ;) . BTTF would be up there for me too

Cool! I remember watching the first Back To The Future in the theater when it first came out! I still love watching it!

GIJoeCollector
02-04-2007, 10:13 PM
What?!? Nobody mentioned the Highlander or Die Hard?

Out of the trilogies mentioned, I have to go with SW Original, BTTF and The Highlander in that order.

whitedalek
02-04-2007, 10:17 PM
What?!? Nobody mentioned the Highlander or Die Hard?

r.

Highlander? :eek: The original was insanely awesome (saw it in the theaters), the second one was beyond terrible (the writers and director should have been tortured for that movie), and the third one was passable. However, I just can't take Mario van Peebles seriously as a bad guy. :D

GIJoeCollector
02-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Highlander? :eek: The original was insanely awesome (saw it in the theaters), the second one was beyond terrible (the writers and director should have been tortured for that movie), and the third one was passable. However, I just can't take Mario van Peebles seriously as a bad guy. :D

Lest we forget the Soap Operaesque TV Show it spawned. The Highlander series in general was just the ultimate geek viewing experience. ;)

YELSEW
02-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Vintage Star Wars, but a close comparison woudl be LOTR. I love those movies and hope The Hobbit is close to follow.

I would also like to see a Dragonlance Trilogy too!

Cobra-Loyalist
02-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Jeeze.. am I the only one who voted for the X-Men trilogy? :(

Cobraghostship
02-05-2007, 12:51 AM
The original Star Wars trilogy....when special effects were perfect or near perfect.The New Star Wars trilogy is like watching a video game cut scene.:eek:

Zodiacflash
02-05-2007, 02:31 AM
One of my fondest memories of my grandfather is the day Star Wars first opened. He took me to the theater and we had a fun time talking and playing games while we waited in line for two hours. So many people showed up to just sit and wait to get into this movie, and nobody had ever seen it. Nobody knew if it would be good or bad. There was that much hype and excitement over it. So, obviously I voted for the old Star Wars trilogy. They were the original blockbusters that changed the way movies were made, and the way people watch them.

THUGGEDOUT
02-05-2007, 06:29 AM
Has to be the original Star Wars, hands down....

whitedalek
02-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Lest we forget the Soap Operaesque TV Show it spawned. The Highlander series in general was just the ultimate geek viewing experience. ;)

I actually liked the tv series. However, I didn't watch it until he went to France and I didn't see the last season or so since I moved at that time. I just wish that they had done some story arcs solely in the past. :(

I love the soundtrack to the original movie by Queen.

Bigtattoo
02-05-2007, 05:35 PM
original SW- without them none of the rest would exist.

TheReverend
02-05-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm sort of surprised no one had brought up the Indiana Jones movies, that's another great trilogy (and i think is has a certain geek appeal) - a classic if you will (although I still stick with the orig Star Wars as being the best)

Snake-eyes01
02-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm sort of surprised no one had brought up the Indiana Jones movies, that's another great trilogy (and i think is has a certain geek appeal) - a classic if you will (although I still stick with the orig Star Wars as being the best)

Indiana Jones.....Definitely!! I forgot about Indiana Jones! My favorite by far is Raiders Of The Lost Ark!

TheReverend
02-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Indiana Jones.....Definitely!! I forgot about Indiana Jones! My favorite by far is Raiders Of The Lost Ark!
Yep, I think Raiders is the best too, but they all are pretty darn sweet:)

whitedalek
02-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Yep, I think Raiders is the best too, but they all are pretty darn sweet:)

I agree. I also love the old movie serials that the Indy films are based on. My dad and I would watch them all the time.

Abomb
02-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh man...forgot about Indy!