Update: GI JOE HQ matter of $1800 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Update: GI JOE HQ matter of $1800

joebahama
02-04-2007, 08:34 PM
In September Last year I shipped eight large boxes of Joes to GI Joe HQ. I got a confirmation that the stuff was received 3 weeks later around October 15th. I waited patiently for an appraisal of everything and we came to an agreement arount October 29th that I would accept $1800 for everything which was a deal in my opinion. I am talking about hundreds of Army Builders inclusives of Cobra infantry, Hiss tanks and many others. I don't want to post a long post but I just want all you guys to know that I have been ripped off. As of February 4th 2007 I have not received one red cent.

I know this guy is lying because he even sent me a phony confirmation number for allegedly shipping the money order to me. All I wanted was some compensation for the stuff without giving it away and I even offered to pay for half the told cost of shipping everything to him which came up to almost $350. I am not the type of person that wants to ruin this individual's reputation but I think people need to be warned of how dishonest he is.

I have been waiting for this elusive money order since November and upwards to December 29th I have been told that it was sent. Then I was informed that they would be cancelling that old money order but wouldn't get their $1800 back from the bank for a month, so I offered that if thats the case simply pay me weekly in installments of $450. I was assured that this would be done. Its now been 5 weeks since they have claimed to have sent that $450 and up to today 4th February 2007 it hasn't come. I asked for a wire transfer instead to alleviate all of this waiting and I haven't gotten a response. I really don't care to be apart of the collector's community any longer but I want all you guys to know that ripoffs like these have left a bitter taste. I mean even when you are straight up with people and bend over backwards they still want to rip you off for every thing they can. GI Joe Hq I want you to know that this is not the last you have heard of me. You may think you have gotten away ; trust me, you haven't. I am exploring my courses of action as we speak; and you may not realize it but despite the fact that I am a foreign collector there are avenues that I will exploit to the fullest extent of the law both US and International to both get my money and to ensure that you are unable to do this to anyone else!!!!

AlternateUniverse Steeler
02-04-2007, 11:23 PM
sorry to hear about this. I think i remember you posting about this before. The story seems very familiar. I hope this works out. It had made me a little weary of dealing with him but, I have bought & sold to him and had no problems.

Blayloxzuess
02-04-2007, 11:26 PM
You have to know that I understand your frustration.

You told me around the same time last year that you were going to be sending all that stuff to me for the money that you still owe me.

What gives?

BIGFAN
02-05-2007, 08:20 AM
i have sent him 3 money orders. according to the post office they havent been cashed but they informed me that interrnational money orders take longer to actually track down

i have done everything i can to pay you chester

and there is actually a payment in the mail now that probably hasnt reached you yet

im sorry but i have sent payment.

dockingbay97
02-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Remember if you are not directly involved in the deal or don't have important information involving the deal, please refrain from posting in bad trader threads - it helps keep the flames down.

skyline
02-05-2007, 08:43 AM
out of interest why dont you just use paypal?

joebahama
02-05-2007, 08:56 AM
i have sent him 3 money orders. according to the post office they havent been cashed but they informed me that interrnational money orders take longer to actually track down

i have done everything i can to pay you chester

and there is actually a payment in the mail now that probably hasnt reached you yet

im sorry but i have sent payment.

I asked for proof that you sent it. All you have to do is scan or photocopy a Money order receipt so that I can actually see that you sent it and have my bank verify. All I have is your word that you sent it.
Its sad to see my stuff go up for sale on your site and I haven't gotten paid yet. And I bent over back wards even paying to ship them to you and waiting for the compensation. I honestly believe now that you are tring to rip me off because I am a foreign collector and you think you can get away with it because you doubt that I don't have recourse. Send me Proof!!

BIGFAN
02-05-2007, 09:03 AM
i did send you a scan the first time you asked for one

it was an attachment to the email

btw my site emails have not been working right so pls email me at cjdimaster@aol.com from now on. i have not gotten your last email

joebahama
02-05-2007, 09:07 AM

btw my site emails have not been working right so pls email me at cjdimaster@aol.com from now on. i have not gotten your last email

I don't want to post a copy of that email here but all it said was "payment sent"

no attachment came!

RedClaw
02-05-2007, 03:37 PM
*admin note*

Keep this civil gentlemen.

I'm also not very happy with the topic title, it's very close to violating board rules.

Blayloxzuess
02-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Just for the record, I am part of this transaction, I'm not just posting useless "He's good" or "He's bad" jargon.

Its sad to see my stuff go up for sale on your site and I haven't gotten paid yet. And I bent over back wards even paying to ship them to you and waiting for the compensation.

How can you be saying this??? This is exactly what you did to me... WITH THE ITEMS YOU SENT TO CURT!!! It was your idea for you to send me all that stuff, you e-mailed me about it last June. I even saved the e-mail, which I obviously can not post here.

I hope you will address this as this was supposed to be my compensation.

This is extremely bogus!

joebahama
02-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Just for the record, I am part of this transaction, I'm not just posting useless "He's good" or "He's bad" jargon.

How can you be saying this??? This is exactly what you did to me... WITH THE ITEMS YOU SENT TO CURT!!! It was your idea for you to send me all that stuff, you e-mailed me about it last June. I even saved the e-mail, which I obviously can not post here.

I hope you will address this as this was supposed to be my compensation.

This is extremely bogus!

What in the world, are you greedy? Compensation for what ? I didn't owe you $1800. Curt Owes me $1800. Moreover you got my payment, I never got the returned money order and you know that. I made you and offer and you agreed. I still have that stuff. Its a separate transaction.
You and I have had near to 15 or so transaction totaling almost 4 or 5 thousand dollars and the last time you said that your bank had an issue with the Money order. Which was perfectly good and like all the rest I sent. I waited almost 6 months for that returned money order. So in essence thats $500 I lost. I offered you some army builders as recourse anyway , many of which I still have and I have not sold all off to Curt. I explained to you that I am in the military and that my job is very demanding and I would be getting rid of my entire collection over time. My transaction with Curt has nothing to do with you because he and I have been bargaining at this for a while and I sent him the stuff to get money. So yes I had to resolve that with him before I just go ahead with my transaction with you ; which by the way puts me at a loss. I offered you some stuff as a favor not as payment. I paid you and I never got the returned money order. And you know thats the case.

In any case all of this hullabullu is exactly why I believe this whole collector's community is just not where I want to be any longer. I never once ripped off any one and yet I get ripped off through the nose. I am a foreign collector and I believe that persons try to exploit that. And Blayloxzues in the 3 years we have done business you know I always sent my money on time and I have done alot of business with you. I just have a problem with taking a loss totally when you know I paid you. Is it truly my fault that I didn't ever get that money order. I will send you the army builders I promised you , however, it won't be until I can get some resources together from transaction like this one with Curt. In any case if you want to you can open a thread regarding our transaction ; I don't feel as though my dispute with Curt and our transaction should be grouped together. They are different disputes. I sent you payment that you received for $500. You claimed to have sent the money order back that I never got. I can't get my $500 back. I sent Curt stuff and never got a red cent although he claimed to have sent $1800, which I really have no proof that he did.

As for the transaction with Curt here's where we are at, " We are ATTEMPTING to resolve this." I will post an update later in the week.

joebahama
02-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Point taken, I will correct the issue.

*admin note*

Keep this civil gentlemen.

I'm also not very happy with the topic title, it's very close to violating board rules.

Blayloxzuess
02-06-2007, 04:08 PM
What in the world, are you greedy? Compensation for what ? I didn't owe you $1800. Curt Owes me $1800. Moreover you got my payment, I never got the returned money order and you know that. I made you and offer and you agreed. I still have that stuff. Its a separate transaction.
You and I have had near to 15 or so transaction totaling almost 4 or 5 thousand dollars and the last time you said that your bank had an issue with the Money order. Which was perfectly good and like all the rest I sent. I waited almost 6 months for that returned money order. So in essence thats $500 I lost. I offered you some army builders as recourse anyway , many of which I still have and I have not sold all off to Curt. I explained to you that I am in the military and that my job is very demanding and I would be getting rid of my entire collection over time. My transaction with Curt has nothing to do with you because he and I have been bargaining at this for a while and I sent him the stuff to get money. So yes I had to resolve that with him before I just go ahead with my transaction with you ; which by the way puts me at a loss. I offered you some stuff as a favor not as payment. I paid you and I never got the returned money order. And you know thats the case.

In any case all of this hullabullu is exactly why I believe this whole collector's community is just not where I want to be any longer. I never once ripped off any one and yet I get ripped off through the nose. I am a foreign collector and I believe that persons try to exploit that. And Blayloxzues in the 3 years we have done business you know I always sent my money on time and I have done alot of business with you. I just have a problem with taking a loss totally when you know I paid you. Is it truly my fault that I didn't ever get that money order. I will send you the army builders I promised you , however, it won't be until I can get some resources together from transaction like this one with Curt. In any case if you want to you can open a thread regarding our transaction ; I don't feel as though my dispute with Curt and our transaction should be grouped together. They are different disputes. I sent you payment that you received for $500. You claimed to have sent the money order back that I never got. I can't get my $500 back. I sent Curt stuff and never got a red cent although he claimed to have sent $1800, which I really have no proof that he did.

As for the transaction with Curt here's where we are at, " We are ATTEMPTING to resolve this." I will post an update later in the week.

The money orders that the post office deemed bogus were sent back to you, the tracking numbers showed they were delivered a long time ago.

Greedy... nah, I just want my $580 back that I lost.

The last e-mail you sent me about a month or two ago stated that you got rid of all your GI Joe's. I obviously assumed that these were the ones that you sent to Curt. You didn't say anything like, I sold all my GI Joe's EXCEPT for the ones that I was planing on sending you.

Why would you tell me last June that you were planing on making this right and sending me the toys, then never send them, then make a deal to sell off a ton of stuff to a guy that you don't owe any money too? Something just isn't right. I would never put someone in the position you have put me in. And the whole "Greedy" thing I take offense to. I go WAY out of my way to help LOTS of people out all the time, even you. I think it's hard to call someone greedy that wants there $580 back from over a year ago.

I don't want to open a different thread. I don't even want to continue posting in this one either, all I really want is my money.

You as a person... wonderful freindly guy to associate with, but once again, I am still out my $580.

joebahama
02-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I am sure you are aware based on the level business we did that if I had indeed received that Money Order I would have redeemed it and sent you another. I am not into ripping people off. Quite frankly if you were in my position what would you do? If you paid for something and the individual claims that they couldn't get the money from a money order and then they claim to send it to you and you never get it. Please tell me what you would do. I did verify that you did not redeem it, however, you realize that I would be paying double if I were just to go and send you another. Yes, I did offer you army builders, and no not the ones I sent to Curt. I am sure you realize that I have quite a large collection if I bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from. I made another transaction with another member of this board that I quite frankly believe had nothing to do with you because none of the items are yours or even joes I bought from you. I did intend to send you the stuff at face value because of your loss to off set you taking ahuge burn, that once again isn't my fault.

So here was my logic, because of personal financial issues I had to do business with someone, in this case Curt. I chose not to do this particular transaction with you because once again I needed to get some interest on the stuff. In doing business with you I committed myself to receiving a loss and at that time I was unable to go through with it. It was a personal decision and yes I realize it wasn't in your interest. Now I do still intend to offer you the Cobra Infantry , Hiss tanks and other stuff I still have , many of which are still MISB. But once again I need the time to prep myself and clear up other stuff like this transaction with Curt. By the way there are 4 other bad transactions where I have been ripped off but I am dealing with each case individually. So you others out there, you know who you are please pay me. So Blayloxzeus I am sorry about your loss, once again not my fault, but yes I will get around to helping you out; although I don't believe I am obligated to. But yes I will see to it that you get at least half or more regarding that transaction.

The money orders that the post office deemed bogus were sent back to you, the tracking numbers showed they were delivered a long time ago.

Greedy... nah, I just want my $580 back that I lost.

The last e-mail you sent me about a month or two ago stated that you got rid of all your GI Joe's. I obviously assumed that these were the ones that you sent to Curt. You didn't say anything like, I sold all my GI Joe's EXCEPT for the ones that I was planing on sending you.

Why would you tell me last June that you were planing on making this right and sending me the toys, then never send them, then make a deal to sell off a ton of stuff to a guy that you don't owe any money too? Something just isn't right. I would never put someone in the position you have put me in. And the whole "Greedy" thing I take offense to. I go WAY out of my way to help LOTS of people out all the time, even you. I think it's hard to call someone greedy that wants there $580 back from over a year ago.

I don't want to open a different thread. I don't even want to continue posting in this one either, all I really want is my money.

You as a person... wonderful freindly guy to associate with, but once again, I am still out my $580.

Blayloxzuess
02-07-2007, 12:09 AM
. Please tell me what you would do. I did verify that you did not redeem it, however, you realize that I would be paying double if I were just to go and send you another.

If a money order that you sent me was never cashed on my end, you are able to get a full refund from the post office (I believe after 90 days) that you got it from. You should have no trouble getting that back, even if you don't have the money order, just give them your reciept & they can see that it has never been cashed.

The thing the frustrates me the most I guess, is that you have been saying "I'm off on duty with the service" or "I'm not in town & I'll take care of it when I get back". So respectfully I wait paitient, yet to find out that you do have plenty of time to strike up a huge deal with Curt & packed up 8 large boxes, take them down to the post office & have them shipped out... but no time to get my stuff straightened out.

You asked earlier "What would you do?" ... What I would do is make it right!
A year later, it couldn't be more wrong.

Earlier you mentioned something about me being greedy, my down fall is not that I am greedy (far from it), my down fall is that I have been too patient & too polite & too passive.

Please go to the post office and get a refund for the uncashed money orders & please send me the money, please, please, please :D

joebahama
02-07-2007, 01:35 PM
If a money order that you sent me was never cashed on my end, you are able to get a full refund from the post office (I believe after 90 days) that you got it from. You should have no trouble getting that back, even if you don't have the money order, just give them your reciept & they can see that it has never been cashed.

The thing the frustrates me the most I guess, is that you have been saying "I'm off on duty with the service" or "I'm not in town & I'll take care of it when I get back". So respectfully I wait paitient, yet to find out that you do have plenty of time to strike up a huge deal with Curt & packed up 8 large boxes, take them down to the post office & have them shipped out... but no time to get my stuff straightened out.

You asked earlier "What would you do?" ... What I would do is make it right!
A year later, it couldn't be more wrong.

Earlier you mentioned something about me being greedy, my down fall is not that I am greedy (far from it), my down fall is that I have been too patient & too polite & too passive.

Please go to the post office and get a refund for the uncashed money orders & please send me the money, please, please, please :D

Sir, I don't know if you are aware of the policies regarding postal money orders in my country, but I thought that I informed you and it reads, "No Money Orders can be refunded without the return of both the original money order and the presentation a a valid ID." If I could have gotten that money back I would have sent you the money plus the amount that you spent returning the original to me." But once again I paid, and I paid in the same way I always did. For whatever reason the place or persons where you attempted to redeem it had an issue with the validity of the MO. Honestly , how many of those same MO's did you redeem from me before this issue. I am sure it was at least ten and most those were for more that $580. I think you know in your heart I didn't rip you off. Yes you deserve your money, but is it entirely my fault. I think not. I bear some responsibility because I chose to send that type of money order. But bear in mind I did so based on the fact that you never had an issue with them and most times you got paid in at least 7 to 10 days. If I am being untruthful then correct me. I truly want to help you out but I was not in a position to be generous because of family and financial obligations. I want you to get paid but I am not in a position to pay twice when I am out almost $4000 on transactions like the one with Curt.

Once again , yes I do have more Joes and stuff but then again I can't send them until I clear up my financial situation. I am in a precarious position personally that leads me to take this stance. Is it totally fair to you? Maybe not, but then again it would be unfair to me to. You may think that I am being selfish in dealing with this in this fashion. However, I can't cut off my nose to spoil my face as the old saying goes.

I will make you another promise ; however, tomorrow I will personally go and see the post master general and show him the receipt that I still have for that MO and explain this whole situation to see if there is anyway at all I can get any of that money back without the original MO. If I can, whatever it is I will send it out to you as soon as I can. If not, then honestly , I don't have the Money right now or the financial capacity to send you the Joes I do have without resolving pending issues with other members on this board.

joebahama
02-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Guys this is an official update. Curt has promise me over and over again to send me money, I even agreed to smaller payments as low as $300. He hasn't sent me a penny. I have been contacted by two others who said he did the same to them , but I will leave them to post on their own. i have lost alot in this transaction AND I cannot recover from this finacially and continue collecting. This is so sad that this can happen and that people can do this. Its been almost FIVE months since I sent him my Joes and not one red cent. Please guys I want you to know that when you buy his stuff you are buying stolen joes. Yes that right he is a thief. He has stolen my stuff and refuses to pay.

Shame on you curt, I want you to know this is not over ok!!! :(

RedClaw
02-19-2007, 07:23 PM
OK, that's enough of that.

JoeBahama, you can post updates, but you keep the inflammatory, defamatory accusations at home. They're not welcome here. Period.

This thread is locked. If you have an update, you will PM me and I will reopen the thread so the person requesting can post the update. Enough is enough.

joebahama
02-27-2007, 06:21 PM
First off I would like to apologize to the board and members for my statements regarding this matter. This issue hasn't been officially resolved as yet however , I realize that my personal experience with another member is no reason to try to get others to not support his business.

With that aside, I was contacted by Curt a few days ago. He stated to me in an email that he would send me the money by the 1st of March. Truthfully , I still have my doubts but I am hoping and trying to have some faith that he will come through and pay me my 1800 dollars. So Curt , there it is, one more time. I am trusting you to do the right thing.

I am also asking that this thread be locked to ensure that other persons do not get involved with this matter between Curt and I.

The moment I receive my entire $1800 I will make a post and ask that this thread be permanently locked.

One more thing , as a show of good faith Curt I wish you and your business success. Thank you

joebahama
03-22-2007, 06:42 AM
On the 5th of March Curt wired me $300 out of the $1800 he owed me. He stated that he would send that and that once I confirmed that I received it he would send the rest. I responded that I did . I emailed him the whole of last week and got a response that he was busy mailing and shipping to his customers. He said he would wire the remainder of the money on the 19th. It is now the 22nd of March and he still has $1500 outstanding.

Moreover, this situation has been going on from October. Indeed it was October 22nd that I first got confirmation that he received my items that he would buy from me and that he would send me the money. It has now been five months.

This is really riduculous. Whatever, your personal or professional issues are Curt please be straight up with me and let me know when I will get my money. This can't go on any longer. Please, Curt send me my money.

BIGFAN
03-22-2007, 09:08 AM
i have yet to get a refund from my money order chester.

you have gotten some money and you will get the rest.

joebahama
03-22-2007, 03:47 PM

I think I have waited long enough.

Moreover, I have another update.

Curt, and also Blayloxzuess and I had agreed a few weeks ago that the balance of the money that I owed to Blayloxzues would be deducted from what Curt owes me, and Curt would pay that to Blayloxzuess; So now he is involved in this transaction. This is a three sided transaction now. So he and Curt can post here. I really hope to resolve all this soon.

Blayloxzuess
03-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Just an update on my part. Nothing to report yet. I would like Joebahama to get paid first, then I can worry about my part later. I have not received anything yet either. I think Curt is working on it though, I have talked to him a few times on the phone in the last month, and it honestly just sounds like he has a lot of catching up to do. I have known Curt for a while and so far he has made good on his debts to me. We still have another outstanding debt from the end of last June 2006 that I am still waiting on too. I am petty patient, probably more than I should be, lol.

I am sure this will all get resolved soon... I hope :D .

It looks like Curt has a lot of auctions going right now with buy it now options well below market value. I think he is trying to get some cash together to pay out.

It has been a long time though :(

joebahama
03-29-2007, 07:11 PM

Please tell me when, how long do you expect me to wait. There are only a few days left in March. Are we now going into April with this over all our heads.

joebahama
04-22-2007, 03:08 PM
I received another $200 Thursday last week. Curt still owes me. Moreover, we agreed that he would send Blayloxzues the amount that I owed him. He hasn't done that either. I really don't know how much longer this will go on. Its like I have to literally twist his arm for a few hundred every 6 to 8 weeks. He has had my property since October 2006 and I deserve to be compensated. This is bad business and I really think you should resolve this as it has past the 6 months mark.

joebahama
06-22-2007, 09:13 PM
I make this update after I have received encouragment from no less than ten members of this board. I want to thank you guys for your support during these bitter and trying times. First off let me say that Curtis still owes me $515. He promised me on April 27th that he would pay me off by the end of May and he gave me every excuse in the world so I told him that I would wait till then and not update this thread. This was after he had told me that as long as I update the "stupid" thread he was losing business and wouldn't pay me.

Well on July 3rd I contacted him and he didn't respond to my emails until July 7th. He promised to pay me again. As of June 23rd I still haven't been paid. I don't know what recourse I have in this matter that has been wrangling on since October last year. He has paid me in installments of between $200 and $300 a month but I haven't gotten anything in 2 months now and all he ever does is make promises and he doesn't come through. Well thats my update, I am still owed $515.

BIGFAN
06-22-2007, 09:22 PM
yep hes right

and i have been in email contact with him in those 2 months trying my hardest to get this done.

but i have also had a nice little string of extreme family issues to deal with.

also i did pay blayloxzuess the money you owed him from what was it 2 years ago?

you will get paid like i have said.

joebahama
06-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Curt all I want to know is when we will finally resolve this issue. This has been going on for far too long.

yep hes right

and i have been in email contact with him in those 2 months trying my hardest to get this done.

but i have also had a nice little string of extreme family issues to deal with.

also i did pay blayloxzuess the money you owed him from what was it 2 years ago?

you will get paid like i have said.

Blayloxzuess
06-25-2007, 07:21 PM
The money that was due to me from Joebahama has been paid from Curt in the form of store inventory & misc auctions I had bid on about a month ago.

joebahama
07-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Its almost half way through July and no contact or money yet. Many board members are contacting me and telling me Curt is now buying lots on ebay. What is going on. When will I get my money?

BIGFAN
07-09-2007, 12:01 PM
you know my email address.

contact me there

its no ones business what i do on ebay and those who watch me there can off

all these people who are contacting you about OUR business have no right or interest involved.

they are petty whiny little people who dont have the nuts to contact me in person or say what they say to my face. so i could care less what they think or so.

you will get paid as soon as i can.

you had no qualms making blayloxzuess wait nearly 2 years for his money. but when the shoe is on the other foot your quite a trip.

i will pay you back in full. as i have said.

dockingbay97
07-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Curt, you know very well that using that kind of language is not appropriate here.

joebahama
07-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Let me say off the Bat that I never made blayloxzues wait two years for money. My situation with him is totally different than my situation with you. You are being very rude for no reason and I think I have tried my best and it is going too far. I will continue to update this board as long as it takes because you only respond to emails when I let the board know. Send me what I deserve and have legal right too and this will all come to an end. I will not allow you to intimidate me. I also believe that fellow collectors have a right to be made aware of your business accumen. Thank you for your response.

you know my email address.

contact me there

its no ones business what i do on ebay and those who watch me there can off

all these people who are contacting you about OUR business have no right or interest involved.

they are petty whiny little people who dont have the nuts to contact me in person or say what they say to my face. so i could care less what they think or so.

you will get paid as soon as i can.

you had no qualms making blayloxzuess wait nearly 2 years for his money. but when the shoe is on the other foot your quite a trip.

i will pay you back in full. as i have said.

BIGFAN
07-09-2007, 06:37 PM
like i keep telling you i will pay you

i do respond to your emails tough guy

always have

joebahama
07-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Ok well respond to the ones I just sent.

RedClaw
07-11-2007, 12:56 PM
And that's set and match!

I'm locking the thread. If either party has an update on a resolution, PM me to unlock the thread.

This has gone on long enough and I'm well done watching the bickering.

RedClaw
11-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Thread is reopened due to resolution. Posts pending from parties involved.

joebahama
11-14-2007, 04:13 PM
As of the 15th November this is resolved. Curtis has paid me in full. Thankyou