Tan Breaker - 1984 - Accessory Pack. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Tan Breaker - 1984 - Accessory Pack.

Urban Saboteur
02-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Ok, I wanted to share this with you joe fans.. criticism welcomed and of course any comments. I'm really just out to share this idea and concept.
I won recently a selection of accessory pack weapons and I noticed that Breakers accessory pack weapons match the colour scheme of Tan Clutch and Tan Grunt. :D
So.... I'd already got myself a breaker head.. incidentally the head had yellowed or in this case oranged a little.. making him look sunburnt :o

I decided to purchase a Tan Clutch and make a simple custom by head swapping the clutch head and fitting the accessory pack weapons to create Tan Breaker.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Custom%20Figures/Nems%20Customs/Tan%20Breaker/BreakerTan.jpg

It's a really simple Idea and the colours work well. I think it would look great sat in the passenger side of the VAMP Mark II with Clutch :cool:

RedClaw
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Almost...you need a tan Grunt torso ;) THEN you'll have a tan Breaker, or use a tan Grunt and Hawk head for a tan Hawk, etc etc.

It's fun to see how few new parts Hasbro really used to make the 82 line.

Patrick A. Riley
02-08-2007, 03:53 PM
It's fun to see how few new parts Hasbro really used to make the 82 line.
But it's not so fun that they've made relatively few new parts since the relaunch ;)

Urban Saboteur
02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
But it's not so fun that they've made relatively few new parts since the relaunch ;)

Touche patrick .. I really wanted to get an insight into anyone else who has done something similar .. and i think some of the v1 figures were arguably the better releases.
My whole idea stemmed really from some simple customs I saw from a friend.. this arctic dio he had some head swaps but using the bodies from figures such as frostbite, blizzard etc.. they looked cool even with a simple head swap,.

MikePrime
02-08-2007, 04:41 PM
That looks good.

Cold Slither
02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Nice...now get this. I collected abunch of bright green accessory pack helmets (Airborne, Doc...) to outfit my greenshirts (I dont like the helmets they come with.) I also have a bunch of the older non-ball joint heads I swapped too (I love figure parts lots). The result is a green shirt army that has a believable facial variation.

I actually have a ton of cool headswap and LBCs to display, just too lazy to post pics.

But here is a great combo too: Comic pack 1 Baronesses w/ various female heads. But wait there's more! I dremel down the heads so that the DTC cobra trooper helmet fits (a feminine looking helmet, IMO). I leave the exposed hair untouched, of course. The result....really cool female troops for CC's harem!

Cold Slither
02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I have 3 tan grunts. I use them for desert, um...tanshirts?

uterglue
02-08-2007, 06:46 PM
I love your idea NEM!!! I will likely use your idea if that's ok with you. I do simple swaps like that too.

I changed the head on my uk spirit with a regular spirit head because the uk one is missing eye brows and I think he looks scary.

I swapped 1984 lady Jaye heads in for the convention lady Jaye, the 1997 lady jaye, and Daina. I found the heads that came with those figures ugly or fake looking but putting a good old head in make the figure worth having.

I had an extra python trooper head (black helmet and mask) so I put it on a major bludd and it looks like major bludd is undercover in a soldier uniform.

I also want to change the fake looking head on the 1997 gung ho and the comic pack ripper (maybe the arms and torso too).

I changed cesspools ugly head for a python Viper head.

I added a mask and torch from blowtorch to TNT. I switched mine detectors for the bomb squad tripwires.

I'm always looking for ways to make or get new joes with '82-'85 molds to add to my collection as long as they look good.

zark1976
02-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Looks good, but a little too much like clutch wearing Breaker's gear. I'd suggest swapping the torso for a tan clutch whenever you get a chance. It's a great idea, and sort of makes me sad that without painting, there's no way to get a tan Rock N Roll, Steeler, Flash, Grand Slam, Zap and Short-Fuze.

Urban Saboteur
02-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Looks good, but a little too much like clutch wearing Breaker's gear. I'd suggest swapping the torso for a tan clutch whenever you get a chance. It's a great idea, and sort of makes me sad that without painting, there's no way to get a tan Rock N Roll, Steeler, Flash, Grand Slam, Zap and Short-Fuze.

:confused: Okay.. maybe it was late at night when you posted this?
I think you meant swapping the torso for a Tan Grunt? Because It's basically a Tan Clutch figure all over with a breaker head.

You also said that without painting theres no way to get tan figures in the above characters.. surely my head swap method proves this? :rolleyes:

With only two bodies really to pick from you'd have to experiment a little with torso's and pants but I reckon you could whip up some great figures of the earlier versions just through part swapping alone.

As for my idea anyone feel free to use it.. its not patented and I guess I shared it here just to share with you all in the hope you might share your examples too! :cool:

andymort
02-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Remind me to show you my customised Stalker (SAS Force Panther driver) when I'm taking pics next, he's along the same lines...

zark1976
02-09-2007, 08:18 PM
:confused: Okay.. maybe it was late at night when you posted this?
I think you meant swapping the torso for a Tan Grunt? Because It's basically a Tan Clutch figure all over with a breaker head.

Uh, yeah, what he said. LOL

You also said that without painting theres no way to get tan figures in the above characters.. surely my head swap method proves this?

With only two bodies really to pick from you'd have to experiment a little with torso's and pants but I reckon you could whip up some great figures of the earlier versions just through part swapping alone.

I was thinking more of how those characters had unique bodies that weren't reused like clutch and grunt. but now that I am thinking about it, I might see what swivel arms I have extras of and give them new paint schemes.

Goldbug
02-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Okay.. maybe it was late at night when you posted this?

You also said that without painting theres no way to get tan figures in the above characters.. surely my head swap method proves this? :rolleyes:

As for my idea anyone feel free to use it.. its not patented and I guess I shared it here just to share with you all in the hope you might share your examples too! :cool:

Hey that's my idea!!! :D
http://img314.imageshack.us/my.php?image=desertteam8lp.jpg
Anyway I am missing tan Clutch arms to get the complete look. It's been on my want list for ages. :(
As you can see on the helicopter is a tan Rock N Roll. Well he wasn't that great so I had traded Rock N Roll & tan Grunt away instead. Hmmm I could have made a tan Hawk.
It is just so hard to get those tan helmets!

uterglue
02-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Tan Hawk is awesome too. I just noticed that possibility before I read your post.