Which S6 line do you prefer & why? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Which S6 line do you prefer & why?

CGC
02-24-2007, 03:28 PM
I know a lot of collectors don't like S6 at all. Very understandable, I won't argue for them, but if that's the case, this poll isn't for you. Of anyone who does like the S6 lines, which do you prefer, the 8" line or the 2" line. Also, why do you prefer one line over the other?

samluvsjoes
02-24-2007, 03:54 PM
I prefer the 8" line. Better articulation, better detail, cooler accessories. The only drawback is that the size keeps them from making many cool vehicles, like they do for the 2.5" line.
Sam

MacGyver
02-24-2007, 04:06 PM
My familiarity with the 2.5 inch line is one little Duke fig that came with a Destro 8 inch. Just from that...I can take it or leave it. I know the 2.5 inch allows for more vehicle possibilities...but my son loves his 8 inchers and we have loads of fun with them, with or without a ride. Personally, I like the 8 inch scale because it's not as bulky as 12 inch Joes, but you get lots of detail and articulation and general coolness whether they're playing or shelf-sitting. ;)

misterd
02-25-2007, 05:24 PM
It's a bit moot now that the 2.5 line is dead, but...

I'd give an edge to 8 inch line anyway.

The 2.5 line is more about the vehicles than the characters, and with stuff like the RHINO Copter, Street Razor and especially the Iron Hammer, the line's vehicles have really taken off. But the sculpted figures left a great deal to be desired. I'd argue the only thing that really makes this a contest was the price change that came at the end of last year. At $15, the Iron Hammer was a fair buy, but not quite as good as the best Commando figures. Once it was knocked down to $10, it went from being a good toy to an absolute steal. However, this is looking at the best of the line. And as good as the big vehicles are, the smaller sets tended to drag the line down. This is especially true of the all-posed figures sets, but even vehicles like the glider, ninja bikes, snowmobile and the dune buggy left a lot to be desired.

The 8 inch line has had its duds, too, but they have been fewer and farther between. It also has the luxury of being able to continue, while the 2.5 line is being cut down just as it's finding its legs. I wish we would have had the chance to revisit this issue in another 9 months.

Red Sox
02-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I have a few select 8 inchers (Zartan, CC, Destro, Stormy) and I like them a lot, but I definitely prefer the 2.5 inch line. The 2.5" figures are pure garbage, but I love the vehicles that can be modded for 3.75" figs. The Dragonhawk, Firebat, IRON Mech, and Mantis Mech have all joined my 3.75" ranks and I'd like to pick up a night ops VAMP if I can find one. All of those vehicles are great in my book and it's just too bad that Hasbro couldn't have put that much effort and creativity into the 3.75" vehicles.

Cobra-Loyalist
02-27-2007, 09:25 PM
I voted for the 2.5 inch line. I like their vehicles and figures, and they don't take up as much space as the bigger figures do. Thats a big plus for me. Also, I don't like the look of the bigger toys at all, except Destro ot the BAT maybe.

- Jd.

nosajnnyl
02-28-2007, 10:22 AM
I'll have to give the edge to the 8" line. It's got a lot more articulation and great accessories. The 2.5" line is/was all about the vehicles. (Yes, I own most of them). If the 2.5" line could've had at least the articulation of the old M.A.S.K. figures, the line might have been salvagable. At least it was way for us to get Scarlett & Baroness.