View Full Version : Have you ever been asked by an employer to see your high school diploma?

Cobraghostship
03-11-2007, 01:46 AM
You know they always say you need to graduate high school to get a job but have you ever been asked by an employer to see a diploma when you applied for a job??I never have.

zagu
03-11-2007, 03:56 AM
Haha so far i have n0t. But n0rmally they ask for transcripts from the school.

starrcommand
03-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah they ask for transcripts but not "official" transcripts. Which means if you wanted to you could just type it up on the computer and print it out and they would never know.

Shogi
03-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I've never even been asked for transcripts! :eek:

Scrapiron-Scavanger
03-11-2007, 11:58 AM

Same here. All I ever have seen is the question on the application of where you graduated and level of education you have had.

No-one has even asked for my college transcripts or to see my BS degree.

TheReverend
03-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Never had anyone ask for transcripts. I had to show my HS diploma a couple times. But both times a photocopy of it has worked…

I don’t have a college degree, and have never claimed to so never been checked on that, someday I might just get back to college to finish up :D

Funny thing is, I have various computer and technology certifications (A+, Inet+, MCSE, along with a few others), and oddly enough I’ve never had an employer verify that I actually have any of them in any way. Never, not once has a employer asked for any proof on those...:rolleyes:

tank1976
03-11-2007, 04:06 PM
I 've had an employer ask for my college transcripts, but never a copy of my diploma.

Redstart
03-12-2007, 08:22 AM
I had an employer give me a written test during the interview to see how much I actually knew. It's really not a bad idea, either, if you think about it. How many people have degrees and really don't know that much... I can't remember if he needed transcripts to verify my degrees.

dockingbay97
03-12-2007, 09:03 AM
My employer asked for an official copy of my college transcripts. I don't think it is that unusual for an employer to check up on the credentials you supply either on your application or resume.

Tekwych
03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Funny thing is, I have various computer and technology certifications (A+, Inet+, MCSE, along with a few others), and oddly enough I’ve never had an employer verify that I actually have any of them in any way. Never, not once has a employer asked for any proof on those...:rolleyes:

At my old job we would verify these online with CopmTIA. They can be checked without going through you.

YELSEW
03-18-2007, 07:23 PM
My employer asked for an official copy of my college transcripts. I don't think it is that unusual for an employer to check up on the credentials you supply either on your application or resume.

I had to provider official transcripts for my under-grad and grad degrees. Once I get my own office (hopefully not to much longer) again, I will be displaying the grad degrees anyway. They can look at them anytime they want! I sure did pay enough and spent enough time earning them.

zartan74
03-19-2007, 08:13 PM
I never had to show my HS diploma to any of my bosses but I did have to put it down in ALL my Apl. I am sure they looked it all up before hiring me.

Tom...........

MARSagent
03-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Yes and College diploma also. Everything was photo copied. Transcripts also.