why are S6 accessories so hard to get? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : why are S6 accessories so hard to get?

southpaweddy
03-18-2007, 06:13 PM
hey there! just as the title asks. why are they so hard to get? is nobody out there opening and parting them out? is everyone making their own customs and using all the parts themselves? i only ask because I just got outbid on ebay (again) for loose S6s that I needed for the parts. it happens quite a lot to me. and since hasbro is no longer making the cloth accessories, finding pants is next to impossible. i need to make a holster for my custom Scarlett and everytime i try to get one, someone snatches it out from under me. i have all but given up on another pair of tunnel rat's goggles so i switched the head with the second TR and am going to use the ones from the first one for Scarlett. i bought the paratrooper duke so that i can use his holsters and the way they're attached they are useless to me. i am trying to find another zartan belt and hopefully make a good looking belt for her bewteen the two.

i know i am ranting. S6 are so cool but also so expensive, especially to keep buying over and over again just for a accessory here or a weapon there. is there anywhere out there where a guy can get one piece without having to spend an arm and a leg? i would love to get a grey timber to go with my Snake Eyes but no one has just the wolf to sell and Hasbro won't sell me one by itself. i'd have to pay 9.99 from Brian's Toys to get one now since they are harder than heck to find in the stores and then double the price for shipping! we're talking $18.00 just for a friggin' wolf!! I have put lists in the Wanted section of itmes i need and i will pay top dollar for them, if someone will part with them. here goes again:

i need: Duke V1 holster belt (not the guns, just the belt and right holster!)
Zartan's belt
TR's goggles
grey Timber
ANY pants! (Spirit's, Heavy Duty's, jungle SE, any pants!)

I have all these ideas for customs in my head now and will end up spending a fortune trying to get everything i need buying new figures all the time. I like to use the peices i already have, like the paratrooper Duke to make into Ripcord, or the new frontal assault Duke to make into Flint. (Can you shave down Duke's hair and fit Lt. Stone's beret on him? Anyone tried it yet? I am sure someone else has thought of it too!)

I have lots of left over parts from my other figures that I'll never use if you're willing/want to trade or just plain ol' cash if you want!

help me finish this custom Scarlett! i am OBSESSED with finishing her!!

please and thank you
eddy

MacGyver
03-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey there! I'm looking for a couple of things myself that I may never find, but have you joined up with JoeBattlelines forums? There's a huge Sigma following over there and I've been able to work out some cool trades for accessories. People are always listing stuff and wanting to trade.

You mentioned you have extra parts...so it's worth a shot...

I'm looking for Spirit Temple Tracker's vest and any one crossbow with arrows (I've got a Scarlett I'm thinking of doing, too... :) ) I'm more interested in the vest right now. Also, I know this is a long shot, but I'm partly responsible for losing my son's Cobra Commander V2 helmet...*blush*...don't happen to have one of those to part with do ya? :)

Unfortunately I don't have those things you're looking for...Sorry man...and sorry I missed getting back to you before my auction ended, too (you should have a message about that somewhere). I do have a pic of stuff I have for trade, but not ready yet...I'll get it up just in case there's something you can use.

willie&joe
03-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Yeah I'm looking for some as well. I found Snake-Eyes v.1, Jungle Snake-Eyes and Heavy Duty all with no accessories at a second hand store. I've been looking for the past couple months to no avail.
I'm guessing customizers keep the weapons for their customized figs. Also Sigma 6 is still relatively new so maybe in the next year or so when kids grow out of them we'll see more loose accessories up for grabs.

southpaweddy
03-20-2007, 08:22 AM
yeah, i am registered at joebattlelines.com but i have forgotten my password because it has been so long since i used it. i am having trouble getting ahold of the moderator to get my password emailed to me or set up a new one for my email address. :(

anyway, i will look through my stuff and see what i have to part with. unfortunately i never got the temple tracker Spirit so i don;t have the vest or the crossbow. :(

i will keep you posted. here's a picture of my scarlett's body so far. tell me what you think.

please and thanks
eddy

MacGyver
03-20-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah, i am registered at joebattlelines.com but i have forgotten my password because it has been so long since i used it. i am having trouble getting ahold of the moderator to get my password emailed to me or set up a new one for my email address.

anyway, i will look through my stuff and see what i have to part with. unfortunately i never got the temple tracker Spirit so i don;t have the vest or the crossbow.

i will keep you posted. here's a picture of my scarlett's body so far. tell me what you think.

please and thanks
eddy

There should be a link on the log in page for if you forgot your password. Should be all automatic so no need to contact the moderators. If you know your username, you should be ok.

I'd love to see your Scarlett...but where's the pic??? :) I'll check back for it! I'm guessing I'll probably never find someone who's got that vest and is willing to trade or sell it. :( I was actually tempted to buy Spirit TT, rip off the vest and crossbow and resell the rest! :)

Willie...Shame there's no accessories with them! I have yet to find any Sigmas in second hand sources, but I keep looking. Yeah it's possible to find accessory lots on ebay. I ended up with one a month or so ago and I saw one about 2 weeks ago, but didn't bid since I had most of it. There are so many customizers out there that it is hard to come by lots like that. I've had more luck trading on JoeBattlelines in the forums. I know for a fact there was a recent post in there from someone who wanted to unload some Heavy Duty stuff! I MAY have some SE stuff...a couple of Tonfas (the ones from the bikes), masks, the zipline throwing star thingie...but nothing great. I'll check my supply and current trades to see and letcha know!

carnage717
03-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Southpaweddy, I apologize for not looking for the TR Goggles I completely for got about it. Ill look when I get home from work tonight. I actually have a large box full of accessories and even some extra figures i havent gotten around to customizing. Im not really into doing Sigma Six Customs lately because there are ton of 3 3/4 figures I want to get done first. Ill look for the TR Googles tonight and Ill take a pic of all my other accessories and figures and maybe I can help some of you guys out with your needs.

southpaweddy
03-20-2007, 04:08 PM
sorry, i guess my picture is too large to link. i'll try to send it again or even direcly. i want to get it posted somewhere, because i think it rocks! although it's just the body w/o a head, i think it looks pretty darn sweet. if only someone at Hasbro could see it......LOL

to be quite honest with you, i am growing tired of this custom actually. mostly because i can't find a head that'll work! i bought the Final Fantasy VII 10" Tifa figure because i thought, "she's 10" if anything the head will be too big, not too small"! Rrrrrrnt! Wrong answer! her head wouldn't work. The only figure i can see that might work would be the Sephiron (sp?) from the same line and then she'd end up looking like a guy in drag which wouldn;t work. I have seen the other customs the great customizers out there have done. i won;t bring myself to use the Rescue heroes Ariel Flyer head. All the marvel figures heads are too small. so it the MOTU Teela head. and the Turtles April O'neill Head! Disney Fairies, Winx club and Bratz doll heads are the wrong size. Barbies...out of the question. I even went so far as to take my old TR head and try trimming it down and resculpting it with long orange hair. again, she looks like a guy in drag! or TR's ugly sister!

It's a real shame because i wanted to do this, if only to prove that it could be done with hasbro parts and still look good enough that a) you would know it was Scarlett and b) boys would still think it was cool enough to want one!
unless anyone out there knows of a head that i can rig up to work (even from Japan) i am gonna scrap the whole thing.

anyone wanna buy a half-finished Scarlett custom with a cool crossbow pistol but no head?? LOL

eddy

MacGyver
03-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Ill take a pic of all my other accessories and figures and maybe I can help some of you guys out with your needs.

Well I broke down and actually a Temple Tracker Spirit this afternoon...decided that version will make the custom I wanna do easier anyway, so I'll use most of the stuff (and sell of my basically complete other Spirit that I don't need now)! I am however looking for a coupla other things, I decided...

I desperately need a Cobra Commander V2 helmet (I lost my kid's...ouch), a Jetwing Duk helmet and Lt. Stone's Cobra trooper disguise (all of it). Lemme know if you have any of those! :) Of course once I see your pic I might find other things I'll use!

Eddy...lol! I haven't really even thought to much about the Scarlett I wanna do...but I think I might be able to make TR's head work. Well, I'm gonna make it work at any rate...it's just for my kid, so I don't expect it to win any contests! lol. Have you got a Photobucket account? It's free and I found that the easiest way to get pics out there. On JBL the photo actually shows up, but here it's a link...which still works.

southpaweddy
03-20-2007, 05:26 PM
yeah, I have all of his disguise. i have the figs in their basic look. i even only give Snake Eyes ONE sword instead of two. I guess i am a bit of an originalist (is that a word?) let me know if you want stone's disguise. i'll never use it. if you want to trade for it, that's cool too.

email me at [email protected]
please and thank you
eddy

MacGyver
03-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Just sent an email! :) Yeah, sometimes all that extra gear is just cumbersome and takes away from the figure. We've got all of V1 Duke's switchfire stuff, but the big clunky stuff hardly gets used, but we love those pistols. Oh...to follow up with email I just sent...How do the different pieces attach to the figure (besides the helmet, of course! ;) )? I'm wondering if they have the pegs if they will fit the Sigma Firefly.

carnage717
03-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Well listed below are the parts and figures I have. To be honest I had no idea I had this much stuff so there are several pictures of all the items and I do have pait of Tunnel Rat Goggles. Once the page loads if you click on the image again it will give you the full size version.

Figures:
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6425/1012831ok7ex8.jpg

Bows, Guns & Animals
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7803/1012835qv0hp6.jpg

Backpacks & Missiles:
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/3028/1012837ud0ni3.jpg

Small Guns, Backpacks and Headgear:
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1817/1012839wp2cx7.jpg

Underwater Gear:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/1047/1012836de1yk7.jpg

Knives, Swords and other Ninja stuff:
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/4053/1012838tu5uh3.jpg

MacGyver
03-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Figures:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/462/1012831ok7.jpg

LOL...

got Duke? Was that 4?? :) Unfortunately I don't need any more Dukes...I had them out the wazoo up till this morning! :) Now one's shipped out, one's as is, and one's got a beard now...guess who that will be! :)

Here's a list of what I'd like from your pics...can you give me a price?

Underwater:
a pair of flippers
air mask
air tank (I'm guessing the hoses plug into the mask?)
blue harness thing (does that hold the tank somehow? what's it for?)

Guns
2 Long Range pistols (ones with the keychains, tho I'm assuming you know)
thing with the cobra symbol
missile with the long green part for the 90 degree blaster
Storm Shadow's red shoulder belt

Thanks a ton!

Of course once I see your pic I might find other things I'll use!

See...didn't I say so? LOL!

Just realized we turned this into a trading/for sale thread and it's not in the right place for it! Maybe the mods can fix that? ;)

southpaweddy
03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
hey there! sorry it took so long to get back!!

heck yeah!! i'll take the goggles for sure, and then the long range fig, one of the dukes, the grey pants (both pair), the green pants, and one pair of the black pants! the two different grenades, the black web gear, sea ops duke's belt, one black switchfire and duke's knife/bayonet.

how much you want for it all? and do you happen to have a duke vest too? i know that's asking a lot but i am getting a check in the mail this week and i want to get as much stuff as i can from you. email me at [email protected] or respond here.

please and thank you
eddy

carnage717
03-27-2007, 07:09 PM
I sent you an email about prices on the items.

hey there! sorry it took so long to get back!!

heck yeah!! i'll take the goggles for sure, and then the long range fig, one of the dukes, the grey pants (both pair), the green pants, and one pair of the black pants! the two different grenades, the black web gear, sea ops duke's belt, one black switchfire and duke's knife/bayonet.

how much you want for it all? and do you happen to have a duke vest too? i know that's asking a lot but i am getting a check in the mail this week and i want to get as much stuff as i can from you. email me at [email protected] or respond here.

please and thank you
eddy

carnage717
04-03-2007, 08:08 PM
I updated the pictures in post #11 to reflect what I still have.

ChemViper
04-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Can you send me info on your prices? I am interested in a few of the figs and perhaps some equipment
Thanks!