View Full Version : Do you own an Ipod?

joebahama
03-22-2007, 08:14 PM
I was just wondering how many of you guys own one. I am actually too dependant on mine. The other morning I woke up at 5am and went out for my usual run..... then uh oh, I forgot to charge it. Now I can't run without music, so I turned back around and just did my strength training. I wonder how I will make it when I have to do my yearly physical and I am not allowed to run with it in my PT gear. I hook my Ipod up in my car (rarely listen to CDs) and plug it into my PC in my office. So do you guys do the same, or is my condition chronic.

The Faceless Master
03-22-2007, 08:18 PM
nope
am waitin for the I-Phone :D

TheReverend
03-22-2007, 08:31 PM
I have a 2nd gen 8gb iPod nano, and I love it. Best MP3 player I've every had (and I've had many)

I use it all the time, and keep it with me all the time. I listen to music, listen to audio books, hook it up in my truck (I never play CDs in my tuck anymore)

I would be lost without it :D

dominic.18
03-22-2007, 08:34 PM
i love my ipod. it goes everywhere with me. i have an 60gb version and its almost half full.

RedClaw
03-22-2007, 08:37 PM
I've had two and I've bought two as gifts.

I absolutely love my iPod. My first one was a 4th Gen U2 iPod and a year later I sold it for about what I paid and bought a 5th Gen video.

I use my iPod for work all the time as a portable 30 gig usb hard drive for storing projects, network tools and other larger files and I have an FM transmitter for the car. I can't believe how versatile and important it's become to me.

Still, it's a gate-way drug. Because of how well made and useful my iPod has been to me, it lead me to buy my first mac (an older G3 iMac) and then a new Intel MacBook.

I'm curious to see the iPhone in action, but at $500-$600 I have a hard time justifying the purchase, and I'm also curious to see if we ever get a 6th Gen iPod that has better video support and battery life for video content.

John Missal
03-22-2007, 09:39 PM
my wife bought me (had me pay for it though) an iPod Mini (4GB) on ebay for xmas. It came, and was a little beat up, but for $60, not bad overall. I bought the accessories and I love it. I have been doing yard work this week and it has made things so much nicer.

John M.

Viper Commander
03-23-2007, 05:05 AM
I dont have one, but I bought one for my wife and had it engraved. She's glued to that thing all day. She wants to buy me one too but I want to wait and see if the I-phone is worth getting.

On a related note, does anyone have the Bose I-pod dock and what do you think of it? Those things look uber cool, I want to get one for our place. :cool:

Urban Saboteur
03-23-2007, 05:13 AM
I have the Ipod Nano. I usually use it on my visits to friends house cycling there.. or usually on trips to the p/o.. it makes doing something tedious actually quite fun.. because the music just kind of gets you along.. whilst at home I rarely use it because I just convert to Itunes for all my music.. :D

Goldbug
03-23-2007, 10:05 PM
I love my iPod video!
I don't take it everywhere though. :D

YELSEW
03-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I have been contimplating buying one, but just really don't see a need right now.

Magna Prime
03-25-2007, 08:28 AM
When the iPods first came out I got the original 5GB model. That's what I used until earlier this month, when I bought myself the 80GB iPod :) I love it, I put my entire music collection on it and subscribe to a bunch of podcasts. I listen to it about 6 hours a day at work, and it really helps the day go by.

neoviper76
03-25-2007, 10:45 AM
I take my ipod everywhere. The mall.....the gym......etc. Basically it blocks out the morons surrounding me. As far as music.....its mainly death metal...black metal and some hair metal.