View Full Version : Sword Of Omens - where can I get an original

Cett666
03-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey!

I'm currently tutoring my son in the way of quality cartoon programming as everything on TV s*cks these days - I have looked everywhere I can think of on the net to get him an original Sword of Omens from the Thundercats but I cant find one - does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Cett :rolleyes:

p.s Is it me or are these smiley face things slowly taking over the planet, theyr'e evil?!

carnage717
03-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I would try ebay, Im sure they will have something there that would fit.

Shogi
03-24-2007, 01:45 PM
I'd say ebay as well. I just did a general search for "Thundercats Sword of Omens" and I found the figure accessory Sword, Many Real metal Swords and one Child play Sword of Omens. You should have no problem getting one for your son

Deogg
03-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Just a note of warning though: be prepared to open your wallet for an original Sword. Those puppies do NOT come cheap. *this from someone who has been trying to snag one at a good price*

Good luck on your hunt!

YELSEW
03-25-2007, 10:43 AM
I never thought they made one of those. It is like the LOTR sword brought out a few years back? Anyone got pics?

Shogi
03-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Here's a pic:
http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/Thundercats/SwordOfOmens1a.jpg

neoviper76
03-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Original= High dollar. Replica = Just as good for cheaper. My sword of omens is a replica and you really cant tell the difference. Ebay is probably the best place. Just read the feedbacks and return policy. There is a chance you can be sent a sword with some rust on the blade........it happens!!! Also the flea market usually has sword people there. I know one near me has a japanese lady who sells tons of swords for cheap. Also check this site out:

www.hanzoswords.com

I ordered all my Kill Bill and Zelda sword from there. Very good place to deal with.

Shogi
03-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Original= High dollar. Replica = Just as good for cheaper. My sword of omens is a replica and you really cant tell the difference. Ebay is probably the best place. Just read the feedbacks and return policy. There is a chance you can be sent a sword with some rust on the blade........it happens!!! Also the flea market usually has sword people there. I know one near me has a japanese lady who sells tons of swords for cheap. Also check this site out:

www.hanzoswords.com

I ordered all my Kill Bill and Zelda sword from there. Very good place to deal with.

I think, by original, they meant the 80's plastic play sword that lights up. As for the site, seems pretty cool, but I'd much rather have a Michael Madsen autographed gas can :D

neoviper76
03-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Plastic!!!!!! Nah......get the kid the real thing. lol.