View Full Version : Did I mess this auction up?

dockingbay97
03-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Why am I getting so many views on this auction? Did I do something really dumb in it to be getting this much attention?

I hope that maybe the counter is just screwed up. I just can't imagine that many people interested in this Buffy figure - of course the companion Gentlemen figure I had sold for BIN at $40.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200093554549&rd=1&rd=1

Shogi
03-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Well it is a cool figure, I don't collect Buffy figures and I wouldn't mind having that one. It could be that there are a few people who keep accidentally clicking the link (I did that for a week with the same auction once!)

roboticplanet
03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Well with sneaky advertising ploys like this, it's no wonder there's so many views You got me. :D

Seriously, that's really weird. I would expect something with so many views to be selling for much more. My bets are on messed up counter. Perhaps the server coughed and a few extra digits were tossed in.

Or you could just be an advertising genius

dockingbay97
03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Well, there are only 5 people watching the auction so I am leaning towards a counter gone crazy.

I only wish all my auctions got those kinds of hits.

And that counter has grown over 300 hits since posting this. I was afraid I had something really wrong in my auction that everyone was looking at.

Druss
03-29-2007, 03:02 PM
I was afraid I had something really wrong in my auction that everyone was looking at.

Like a reflected nude picture or something? :)

7500 views, nice! Now you just gotta get one of them to buy it.

neoviper76
03-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Dude....Buffy fans are hardcore!!!! I know a few of them. That fig will go for more than you expected. Trust me. You will get your money back and then some.