View Full Version : updated 25th ann pics

jjsvipers
05-03-2007, 04:17 PM
hi,
toy news addeded some new pics of the 25th figures enjoy

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=GIJoe%2F25th%2F&start=0

Blackstarninja
05-03-2007, 05:11 PM
awesome , flint in package looks sweet !

Abomb
05-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Is it just me, or do those legs look really long?:confused:

TheReverend
05-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Good lord I love these figures.

The more I see the more I want - if anyone from hasbro reads this post; you guys are doing the right thing, so keep it up! please make many more, I will buy them all :D

I so hope this line lives for a long, long, time (as long as the original Joe 3 3/4 line mayhaps? I'm game for another good long run - and now I have the cash to actually buy all this stuff ;) )

Man that flint looks wicked MOC. I just hope we get a Shipwreck...

dfunk7
05-03-2007, 07:12 PM
alls i know is im goona army build v2 stormy he's totally awesome

Bigtattoo
05-03-2007, 07:26 PM
I do really like the look of the new figs (although deep down, Im still a traditionalist), but I still cant get over how good the accessories are looking.
Theres been a lot of love and hard work put into these.
I so hope this will be a success.

Flophouse
05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Notice Fint's new shotgun in the card art and the fact he doesn't have green gloves anymore....:(

Bigtattoo
05-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Has anyone seen (or even better posted) the backs of the cards?
Im loving the retro art, it looks fantastic, and I hope the back keeps the retro feel- one of my favourite memories as a kid was spending hours staring at the figures I hadnt gotten yet...

snakeyes26
05-03-2007, 07:45 PM
After seeing the colseups of these figures, I really love the way they look. The detail and retro theme have me totally beside myself. At first glance, I had misgivings about these figures, but not anymore any doubt I had is gone. My only wish now is that this line would be endless with all new highly detailed retro-styled vehicles and drivers. I think I speak for everyone when I say YO JOE!

Syna3sthesia
05-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Greenshirt SAS
05-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I agree.

The look and feel is right on the money.

The cardbacks are just great.

How will these be sold? I am in Aus and curious on the best way for me to bet my hands on them when they are released.

Deadman2099
05-03-2007, 09:53 PM
These figures are turning out to be better than I expected. Beautiful work Hasbro! I may have to take out a loan or sell an organ or something, but i'm getting all of these :D

Shogi
05-03-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm loving the officer's web gear, definately better looking than the original

frozen_nd
05-03-2007, 10:13 PM
. .

dfunk7
05-03-2007, 10:33 PM
There are a lot of differences between the original photo releases and the secondary photos. I'm suprised people haven't pointed these out more....

Are the secondary photos shots of the actual production items?

i believe the the toy fair photos are more like test shot and the stuff your seeing now in the final production, there are alot of differemces, but if you ask me they look better now that we can see them in there final form

bigjohnwoo
05-04-2007, 01:33 AM
i believe the the toy fair photos are more like test shot and the stuff your seeing now in the final production, there are alot of differemces, but if you ask me they look better now that we can see them in there final form

i dont know. i think the larger sigils of the test shot ones look better.

dfunk7
05-04-2007, 02:07 AM

i agree thats a big reason why i bought the toy fair proto cobra commander but pics sometimes dont due justice, we'll have to wait till then in our hands to pass judgement, im stoked hasbro is trying, lets keep the line alive

Abomb
05-04-2007, 06:19 AM
I agree.

The look and feel is right on the money.

The cardbacks are just great.

How will these be sold? I am in Aus and curious on the best way for me to bet my hands on them when they are released.

Try bigbadtoystore.com, you can preorder them there.

CobraGang
05-04-2007, 08:03 AM
These figures are sweet. Hasbro has done an excellent job on these. I know the collectors will swarm to buy these, but I also hope that the little young'ins get into these also to boost the demand so we can get the next wave of figures. I'm very happy at the way these turned out and how Hasbro packaged them. :) But I feel sad for my wallet. I guess I'll have to just cut back on eating for a year or so. :(

djett
05-04-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm glad to see them in the packages it give me perspective on how they "really" look. I a little more inpressed.

Serpentor878
05-04-2007, 09:29 AM
These look about perfect to me, I love the card art. This is gonna hit me really hard in the wallet as I am gonna buy 2 of each for me and 2 of each for my son. It will be well worth it though. I cant wait to see them hanging on the store pegs.

Eric Leavitt
05-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I liked the pictures in the prototypes better that those in the new pictures.

I liked the paint on prototype Roadblock and Gungo better. The new photos show paint morely closely matched to the 1983 and 1984 figures, but the prototypes had paint closer to the original artwork.

Also, does anyone else not like the way the helmets on Duke, Cobra Soldier, and Cobra Officer look now. I loved how they looked on the prototypes, so I hope it just positioning awkwardness on the carded samples.

I have been waiting for these since Toy Fair. I hope these will not disappoint like the Stars and Stripes or other 15th Anniversary stuff did - remember how the advanced mock-ups were so different. I know its probably just lighting and camera angles with minor changes. I also wish the base color for Snake Eyes version 2 were black instead of dark grey, but thats nitpicking.

Oh, one more thing, over the the GIJOE CC, the pictures are all shown with their heads pointed down - will these figures have neck post problems, or are they just badly posed.

Overall I am very excited.

The Mad Bubbler
05-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Hmm, I wonder if the production Flint figure will have gloves or not? I like the figure better with gloves, but I noticed the carded figure doesn't have gloves. The gripes I have aren't too major for the most part. I noticed that the Storm Shadow Version 2 comes witht he same accesories as Storm Shadow Version 1... slightly disappointing, as he should come with a nifty claw weapon. Snake Eyes Version 2 looks o.k... I agree, he would definitely look cooler if they used black as the base color as opposed to grey. Also, i don;t like the visible collar on it. You can tell that they basically used the Version 1 body, with a new head and some other differences. I would have preferred if they waited and did a totally new sculpt. I also don't know why they centered the sigil on the two Cobra Commanders' chests, and made them quite so small (as has been noted by others) and why ver. 2's hood is a different color than his uniform. I'm also not too keen on The Baroness' head sculpt. Lol, I sound like I'm complaining a lot, but I'm reaaaaaaally looking forward to these figures. For the most part, if the figures end up like these pictures, I think that Hasbro has done a truly great job, and I hope this line lasts for many years. You can tell that a lot of time and effort has been put into these figures.

Dean
05-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Many of the pictures I have seen their freaking foreheads are exposed, begging to get a round placed in their face and bounce around the inside of their helmet and make them unfit for any glorious activity except American Idol. THE point of a helmet is to cover as much of the head as possible, and even in the over-the-top world of the 80's, I'm sure the same laws of bullet + face = "very bad things"... Now, I have some hope, as in this set of pictures, the officers helmet is lower, and it looks like the helmets are removable.

I think I already know the answer, but I havn't really offered anything to this board in years, and well, I miss the ranting...

Oh, and everything else looks sweet, now, they just have to release a single-carded Chuckles so I can erase any knowledge of the torn shirt Chuckles in that MARS pack..... NOT kool...

DPrime
05-05-2007, 02:27 PM

I have a feeling these will be fixed - they're the same size as the ones on the shoulder, for crying out loud. They were probably rushed for the pics... You'll notice the officer's sigil is still big - I can't imagine that he'll have a bigger one than the troopers or Cobra Commander. All the chest ones will be the same size, and despite Hasbro's mistakes, I don't believe they'll screw this one up.

DPrime
05-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I have a feeling these will be fixed - they're the same size as the ones on the shoulder, for crying out loud. They were probably rushed for the pics... You'll notice the officer's sigil is still big - I can't imagine that he'll have a bigger one than the troopers or Cobra Commander. All the chest ones will be the same size, and despite Hasbro's mistakes, I don't believe they'll screw this one up.

Actually, now that I look again, the shot of the Officer in package does have a smaller chest emblem.

If these are the ones we'll see on the shelves, I may just cancel my preorders and forget about the line entirely. The tiny sigils really bother me.

Who knows, maybe these were actually done before, and the pics were just released after. I can still be hopeful.

spiderpumpkin
05-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Here's a new ad I saw today. The Cobra Soldiers seem to have small sigils. This ad is from the new Lee's mag that also shocases the 1990-1994 figures.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/168/485951375_d5608a26cb.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/211/485951367_2e1000ce38.jpg

DPrime
05-06-2007, 12:18 AM
At least Cobra Commander seems to have a big one in the ad.

I think what we have here are just a couple of variations in pre-production, since we're seeing both a big sigil on CC's chest and a small one on the trooper (and you can tell it's the same one photoshopped a bunch of times). The small emblem looks puny and weak, and just plain bad.

neapolitan joe
05-06-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm glad to see them in the packages it give me perspective on how they "really" look. I a little more inpressed.

I agree!!!