View Full Version : Top 5 romantic movies you don't mind watching...

The Faceless Master
05-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Do I dare call em chick flicks... What's in your 5?

- A Walk to Remember

- Notting Hill

- Love Actually

- Shakespeare in Love

- 50 First Dates

TheReverend
05-06-2007, 08:23 PM
-When Harry Met Sally

-Addicted to Love

-French Kiss

-I.Q.

-While You Were Sleeping

I hate to admit it... but I’m sort of a sucker for chick flicks :eek: I watch them a lot… even without “chicks” around… I’m sure that makes me less of a man…but oh well… :o

Bigtattoo
05-06-2007, 08:45 PM
lol, time to show our sensitive sides?
I dont really watch these, but theres three I remember liking :
Notting Hill
Captain Corellis Mandolin
When a Man Loves a Woman.

Currahee_Chris
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
When I wish to show my wife my romantic side, I typically pop one of the following in:

Saving Private Ryan- there are some women in it

Gladiator- there are some woman in it

Blackhawk Down- several females in that one- one even shoots an AK

Braveheart- there are some women in it

and the latest..... 300- again there are some women in it.

Romance is in the eye of the beholder- to me, those are very romantic flicks.:D :D :D

jetski333
05-06-2007, 09:22 PM
My top 5 would be :
-You've Got Mail
-Notting Hill
-50 First Dates
-Wedding Singer
-Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Erick
05-07-2007, 12:22 AM
I can watch these over and over again and never get bored...

1- Sixteen Candles (Classic, my all-time favorite)
2- Pretty in Pink
3- Inventing the Abbots
4- You've got mail
5- While you were sleeping

yep i'm a Molly Ringwald fan ;)

MacGyver
05-07-2007, 06:35 AM
In spite of being a girl, I'm not one for ultra mushy chick flicks...but I like these romantic movies a lot:

--Ever After
--The Princess Bride
--You've Got Mail
--Two Weeks Notice

Um...can't think of a fifth at the moment...what a sad specimen of female I am...lol.

AkshayLakhiani
05-07-2007, 10:37 AM
- A walk to remember
- Miss Potter ( This was a wonderful movie, I guess the fact that it was about Beatrix Potter one of my fav authors as a child was one of the main reasons I liked this movie...)
- Far From Heaven
- 50 First Dates
- The Holiday (Only because of Jack Black)

MacGyver
05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
In spite of being a girl, I'm not one for ultra mushy chick flicks...but I like these romantic movies a lot:

--Ever After
--The Princess Bride
--You've Got Mail
--Two Weeks Notice

Um...can't think of a fifth at the moment...what a sad specimen of female I am...lol.

:) Thought of my 5th:

--Never Been Kissed

danyanda
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Okay, I cried like a baby when I watched "The Notebook". IMO that was an awesome movie. It surprises me that it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Ever After was okay.

You cannot be serious with all the love for "You've Got Mail". Seriously? The Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan version? I hated that one.

willie&joe
05-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Noting Hill
The Notebook
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Return to Me
50 First Dates

Some of you have mentioned Princess Bride and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Those movies are definitely romantic but they are far too cool to be considered chick flicks. I'd put them on the "Most kick-butt movies you can watch with a girly-girl" list.

crimsonhawk
05-07-2007, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=danyanda]Okay, I cried like a baby when I watched "The Notebook". IMO that was an awesome movie. It surprises me that it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Lol...glad somebody did. We read the book, then watched the movie. Since then we've read almost all of Nicholas Sparks's stuff and watched the other 2 movies based off his books (walk to remember and message in a bottle) It's not bad stuff!

So yeah-

Notebook
Princess Bride
50 First Dates
Serendipity (God I love Kate)
If it qualifies- Last of the Mohicans. It was tough watching the younger indian and sister scene... :(

yojoebro82
05-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I used to HATE Titanic. But something really good recently happend to me while watching it. Now that movie brings me nothing but good memories :)

Currahee_Chris
05-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Yeah, I can see the Notebook- my wife made me watch that show- it was enjoyable in a lot of different ways- great acting, fun story, interesting end to the movie too.

That movie did hit home for me though and both my wife and I and my brother and his wife agreed that James Garner was playing my dad- he is taking care of my mom who has Parkinson's. The similarities between Garner's character and my dad were uncanny.

Big Boa's punching bag 26
05-08-2007, 03:45 PM
I see Notting Hill on some of the lists, that flick made me fall asleep. Here's some of my favs.

The Lake House
Pretty Woman
Never Been Kissed
Spanglish
Pretty In Pink

John Missal
05-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Ever After
A Walk in the Clouds (for Anthony Quinn, not Keanu)
Princess Bride (is that really romance?)
Alladin
and ..... The Empire Strikes Back (E4 was Adventure, E5 Romance and e6 Comdey/Musical)

AkshayLakhiani
05-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I totally agree...Spanglish was a great movie. One of Adam Sandlers best.

What about As Good as It Gets & Something's Gotta Give....I thought these movies were pretty good too...:)

ttfndude
05-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Alright here goes,

5. NottingHill (I was having a garage sale one year after graduating college to get money to go do some acting and a woman came to my apartment the day after the sale said she couldn't believe how much I reminded her of Hugh's character and she didn't find anything to buy but thought compelled to come back and help me out handed me 50 dollars and disappeared. "fast fact")

4. My Life w/ Michael Keaton wow talk about a tear jerker

3. Hope Floats/ Lake House (I love Sandra)

2. 50 First Dates

1. Since others already mentioned Princess Bride I will go with Splash oh yeah

With all the movies I watch I think an honorable mention has to go to one of the recent ones I saw and was very good Here on Earth w/ Chris Klein

ttfndude

tank1976
05-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Here are mine:

You've Got Mail

Raising Helen

The Wedding Planner