2007 PDD convention figure in package pic [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 2007 PDD convention figure in package pic

Shogi
04-23-2007, 03:21 PM
I've heard that there's gonna be a Joe San Diego Comic Con exclusive this year. Does anyone know if there's a way to get it other than going to the con or do I need to find someone going and bribe them to pick me up one?

jjsvipers
04-23-2007, 06:24 PM
i hate con exclusives,especially all of the mark up on them, i think exclusives are stupid and every person should have the right to buy anything produced. im not saying i wouldnt want one i just think they should be available to everyone that wants one.

dockingbay97
04-23-2007, 07:27 PM
A SDCC exclusive probably won't be a MC exclusive but rather a Hasbro one. Hasbro always seems to have exclusive toys there so this wouldn't shock me. I know I will be picking them up. And usually if there are left over, Hasbro stocks them in their store. My guess is there will be leftover if there is a Joe exclusive there.

dfunk7
04-23-2007, 07:31 PM
if you find out for sure there is one please let me know as im only an hour drive from there

thanx

Jeff Bohn
04-23-2007, 07:36 PM
There is for sure an exclusive, for hints check

http://gijoeclub.com/

http://www.joebattlelines.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11178

CGC
04-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Looking forward to this one, but I sure hope the secondary prices don't go as crazy as the Canadian con figs hit...

MikePrime
04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
The Q & A at Joebattlelines makes me guess that it's some kind of Baroness figure, but the "yes" answer to the Python Patrol question makes me think differently.

Anyway, I certainly can't get to the con, but I'll probably find one, if it's of any interest to me.

dfunk7
04-23-2007, 09:07 PM
The Q & A at Joebattlelines makes me guess that it's some kind of Baroness figure, but the "yes" answer to the Python Patrol question makes me think differently.

Anyway, I certainly can't get to the con, but I'll probably find one, if it's of any interest to me.

i read somwhere its not a female

CGC
04-23-2007, 09:09 PM
i read somwhere its not a female
Yep, on the Q&A Jeff linked to:

Question #3: Is the figure a male or a female?
Hasbro Answers: Male!

MikePrime
04-23-2007, 09:13 PM
So, a male Cobra characters?

I know it wouldn't be spectacular, but I think it would nice if the exclusive were Hector Ramirez.

Snake-eyes01
04-23-2007, 09:30 PM
I'd like to go to this Comic Con, anyone know if you have to pre-register or can you just show up? I'm only interested in going on Saturday, what would that cost?

Shoji, if I am able to go I'd be willing to pick a figure up for you as well.

dfunk7
04-23-2007, 09:51 PM
I'd like to go to this Comic Con, anyone know if you have to pre-register or can you just show up? I'm only interested in going on Saturday, what would that cost?

Shoji, if I am able to go I'd be willing to pick a figure up for you as well.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

preregister only appears to be for 4 day, so you'll probably just have to show up

ive been before, and i dont remember preregistering

dockingbay97
04-23-2007, 10:11 PM
This is great news then. I can't wait to get this. I am a sucker for SDCC & WWC exclusives.

Arashikage Storm
04-23-2007, 10:13 PM
My $ is it is a Chrome headed Destro from the 5 pack.

dockingbay97
04-23-2007, 11:33 PM
What I am about to suggest is only my pure fantasy and in no way do I think it will happen but...

At Toy Fair I saw the five pack packaging. The box is in the shape of the Joe logo. On the sides and back of the box is a collage of classic GI Joe art. Now I know full well that box could be nothing more than a quick mock up and in no way the final product but...

I saw Pimp Daddy Destro among the art on the back.

That would be a rocking exclusive.

stknviper1071
04-23-2007, 11:52 PM
i'm thinking it could be firefly...but with the python patrol being only troop buliders and only one leader (sorta)...and since it was(is) a MC exclusive...i wanna say copperhead....but that kinda don't make sence..to offer a DTC style copperhead and a retro style one at the same time.....anyways if docking bay can add me to the list...i would like to have one

what a about a verson 2 gold head destro with cape.....

Snake-eyes01
04-24-2007, 12:10 AM
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

preregister only appears to be for 4 day, so you'll probably just have to show up

ive been before, and i dont remember preregistering

Cool, thanks! I guess I'll just try showing up then, it should be fun!

dfunk7
04-24-2007, 12:26 AM
What I am about to suggest is only my pure fantasy and in no way do I think it will happen but...

At Toy Fair I saw the five pack packaging. The box is in the shape of the Joe logo. On the sides and back of the box is a collage of classic GI Joe art. Now I know full well that box could be nothing more than a quick mock up and in no way the final product but...

man i hope not, for those of us w/ real ones, i think that would really be bad, unless it was completely different i wouldnt care to see that at all

dockingbay97
04-24-2007, 01:18 AM
I don't mean the same PDD - but rather a repaint of the Destro that will be in one of the 5 packs. It is a typical move for a Hasbro Comic Con exclusive - repaint an existing toy. Whatever the figure is, I would imagine it will be a repaint of one of the anniversary 25.

Jeff Bohn
04-24-2007, 05:44 AM
Looking forward to this one, but I sure hope the secondary prices don't go as crazy as the Canadian con figs hit...

Won't be anything near that. This will be a Hasbro mass-produced exclusive.

Shogi
04-24-2007, 09:48 AM

I was thinking this exact same thing last night! I remembered you seeing the PDD art and it all just clicked :)

Snake-eyes01, If you can hook me up, that'd be awesome!

dockingbay97
04-24-2007, 12:15 PM
MC updated their clues:

Question #1: Is the exclusive a figure, and if so, what scale (2.5", 3 3/4",
8", or 12")? Hasbro Answers: In light of the 25th anniversary celebration
of G.I. Joe vs. Cobra, the exclusive will be 3 3/4".

Question #2: Is the figure a G.I. Joe or a Cobra?
Hasbro Answers: Cobra!

Question #4: Is the figure a troop builder?
Hasbro Answers: Nope!

Question #5: Was this version of the figure released in the 80's?
Hasbro answers on Wednesday, April 25th!

Shogi
04-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I had a crazy idea on the way into work, I don't think they'll actually do it but what if it was a Red Jackel?

Abomb
04-24-2007, 06:16 PM
From the JBL q/a, almost postitive it is some form of Destro.

Bigtattoo
04-24-2007, 06:57 PM
yeah, it definately looking that way.
PDD, thatd be funny. I actually think theyre more likely to do that than Red Jackal. I love if they did do Jackal tho as it would strenghten the chances of a Red Shadow con set. (I can dream)

dockingbay97
04-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Latest hints from MC

Hasbro Answers: Nope, more recent than that!

Question #6: Are you finally doing a Billy figure?
Hasbro answers on Thursday, April 25th!

DPrime
04-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Billy? Meh... well, at least I won't go crazy trying to find it, but if it looks good and I can get it at a decent price, I'd go for it.

Bigtattoo
04-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Billy?
If its well done Id be all over that.
Ive wanted a figure of him for years..

willie&joe
04-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah Billy would be cool if well done.

Shogi
04-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Well looking at the answer on question 5 I'd have to say Billy isn't going to be the figure unless they have released a figure of him at some point

Flophouse
04-25-2007, 05:53 PM
I would doubt Billy. Who, outside of hardcore GIJOE comic readers, would even know that character? I think they would only do a character that was instantly recognizable to causual fans.

dockingbay97
04-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Billy is just a red herring

dominic.18
04-25-2007, 08:05 PM
i was thinking if it wasnt one of the different destros maybe fred 7

dockingbay97
04-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Updated hints from MC

Hasbro Answers: No, it is not Cobra Commanders' son Billy!

Question #7: Do collectors already have this figure or one like it?
Hasbro Answers: We seriously doubt it. This figure is rare, with a capital "R"!

I am sticking with my guess.

Serpentor878
04-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Is anyone else going who might be able to snag an extra one for me? I dont really care who it is it still sounds cool. If anyone could hook me up with a figure please let me know.

Mr.MojoRisin
04-26-2007, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't mind getting one either. If anyone can, let me know.

Patrick A. Riley
04-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Rare with a capital 'R'? It has to be the evil Cobra twin of the Recalled Roadblock

dfunk7
04-26-2007, 01:31 PM
im going for sure, i wouldnt mind grabbing a few as long as they dont put a limit to how many you can get

plus dockingbay said they wouldnt picking some up for some people either

Flophouse
04-26-2007, 01:35 PM
I may have missed this detail along the line somewhere but if for example it is PDD, will it be this paint scheme on a ARAH sculpt or on the new 25th Ann sculpt. I think Hasbro said in their incredibly vague Q&A answers that they were only going forward with the new scupt designs, so I would assume it would be the new scupt Destro painted up to look like Huggy Bear.

Do we know whether it's an old sculpt or new sculpt figure?
I guess we'll all know in 24 hours.

dockingbay97
04-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Hasbro always limits how many exclusives you can buy at San Diego like the majority of companies do there. That is why you have to be a little creative and work the system a bit to get more than the limit. It can be done but it takes some effort.

willie&joe
04-26-2007, 02:12 PM
If it is PDD I will definately want one. How much do their exclusives cost?

dockingbay97
04-26-2007, 02:35 PM
It will probably be $10 or $15.

willie&joe
04-26-2007, 02:52 PM
It will probably be $10 or $15.

That's not bad at all. Especially if it's the Pimp.

David Clark
04-26-2007, 08:56 PM
I don't think its going to be an PDD. hasbro has giving an clue the figure name starts with an capital " R "

Here an list of cobra figures that start with R

Range viper

Razorclaw

Razortrooper

Red Ninja viper

Rock viper

Royal Guard

and not an troop builder figure as hasbro staded on MC

Hasbro Answers: No, it is not Cobra Commanders' son Billy!

Question #7: Do collectors already have this figure or one like it?
Hasbro Answers: We seriously doubt it. This figure is rare, with a capital "R"!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKAY COLLECTORS...KNOW WHICH

David Clark
04-26-2007, 08:58 PM
WE will see who it tomorrow around noon time(mastercollector time)

dfunk7
04-26-2007, 09:00 PM
i believe the r your referring to means r for rare R for really rare

jjsvipers
04-26-2007, 10:56 PM
i think its going to be blackout or wraith from the comic, what do you think?

zartan85
04-27-2007, 06:02 AM
I think it's going tp be rare with a capital "R" like Red Jackal. :)

Abomb
04-27-2007, 06:17 AM
I'm still sticking with my guess for a PDD...but we'll all find out soon enough!

Red Sox
04-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Going by all the clues, (Gi Joe club & Joebattlelines) I would be very suprised if it is not some form of Destro. PDD seems like a good bet.

dockingbay97
04-27-2007, 08:10 AM
IF it is PDD, it will be most interesting to see what they call the figure. Something tells me Hasbro probably won't be calling any of their toys Pimp anything.

skyline
04-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi not sure if this has all ready been posted but what does every one think, I personaly think he looks a bit strange!

www.gijoeclub.com/sdcc07figure.cfm

Abomb
04-27-2007, 11:28 AM
ANd it is the PDD! Not the same mold, but PDD none the less, check it out here (http://www.gijoeclub.com/sdcc07figure.cfm)

Patrick A. Riley
04-27-2007, 11:38 AM
As predicted, they didn't call him Pimp Daddy Destro (PDD), he's Leopard Skin Destro (LSD). I guess they prefer drugs to pimps ;) :p

CGC
04-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I think they did right by giving him the gold head again.

jjsvipers
04-27-2007, 12:06 PM
this has got to be the ugliest joe figure ever made, but i am wondering what the other version of the figure they are having will be?

dfunk7
04-27-2007, 12:08 PM
im still gonna buy one but he looks alittle deformed to me, i donno maybe its just me

Royal Guard
04-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I will get one too. I just wish they would have chosen someone else.

dockingbay97
04-27-2007, 01:17 PM
I hope they limit the purchases per version and not per overall Destro.

Serpentor878
04-27-2007, 01:19 PM
I like him, the waist/body does look a little strange but im sure he will look good on the wall. At least until i win the lotto and can aford a real one.:D

yojoebro82
04-27-2007, 01:20 PM
this has got to be the ugliest joe figure ever made,

Yeah? Wasn't that said about the first one too?

I'd like one. Too bad I'm not going to SDCC.

C-GDSM 2487
04-27-2007, 01:29 PM
this has got to be the ugliest joe figure ever made, but i am wondering what the other version of the figure they are having will be?

I have to agree with you it is rubbish so dissapionted:mad:
i was hopeing for a decent firefly or doc venom at long last:confused:
but no they put this rubbish out it donr even look right in the body and legs

robuk:eek:

Serpentor878
04-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey, I have never got a exclusive figure lik this before, does anyone know how they are packaged? Are they loose, bagged or carded? Thanks

dockingbay97
04-27-2007, 01:49 PM
It will be most likely a single carded figure. SDCC is a gigantic show - presentation is everything.

jjsvipers
04-27-2007, 01:57 PM
im hoping the other version will be the regular destro or an iron grenadier one now that would be sweet, the head looks really good maybe i can get two and make an iron grenadier version.

stknviper1071
04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
I will get one too. I just wish they would have chosen someone else.

i'll get 1...maybe depends if what the 2nd verson looks like if its better then LSD verson..if not...then....pimpin destro it is...only if the cardback reflects the look....oh well....

dockingbay97
04-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, since I saw the PDD artwork at Toy Fair, I would be shocked if the cardback didn't use it.

dockingbay97
04-27-2007, 02:39 PM
My guess is one of the following scenarios for the other version:

1. They card the regular version since it is coming to stores in a five pack.

2. It will be just another paint scheme of Destro like the gold IG version.

MikePrime
04-27-2007, 02:52 PM
I will buy one. I think it's good that something so unusual is available as an exclusive.

Shogi
04-27-2007, 02:52 PM
What other version are you guys talking about? The only SDCC exclusive I've ever gotten (or really knew about) was the 501st Vader's Fist stormtrooper, as far as I know about versions of it was there was one with the SDCC logo and one without the logo

Bigtattoo
04-27-2007, 03:09 PM
What other version are you guys talking about? The only SDCC exclusive I've ever gotten (or really knew about) was the 501st Vader's Fist stormtrooper, as far as I know about versions of it was there was one with the SDCC logo and one without the logo
It states on teh website that there'll be two versions available.
The LSD one and A N Other

dockingbay97
04-27-2007, 03:15 PM
SDCC is the king of exclusives. Companies bring a ton of different ones. Hasbro has had several exclusive SW figures at SDCC and sometimes WWC. Last year it was the 501st Stormtrooper and a Transformer Nemesis Prime Alternator. I don't know what else Hasbro has planned for SDCC this year but I will bet Destro isn't the only thing - especially with the 30th anniversary of SW and three movies they have toys for (Transformers, Spider-Man and FF).

stknviper1071
04-27-2007, 03:22 PM

i guess the plan is to release 2 diffrent destros at the same time...i hope its the IG verson with a cloth cape like the original....since my last post the pic of LSD is growing on me...:eek:

CrazyBones
04-27-2007, 06:11 PM
I LOVE IT! I can't believe they did the PDD!

I gotta give props to Hasbro for not only bringing up a situation where they screwed up, but putting a positive spin on it!

It's a really ugly figure, but so was the original version. I still gotta own one!

Lody
04-27-2007, 06:26 PM
So how do I go about getting a version of each of these when I can't attend?

bluebikerboy1
04-27-2007, 07:31 PM
im with you. i want one of each. anyone going that can hook me up?

Chairborne
04-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I really like it, and would LOVE to get one.

gnawgahyde
04-27-2007, 08:22 PM
I too would like to get one of these. I think it looks pretty cool. Can someone hook me up? Send me a PM if you think it will be possible. I don't mind paying a little more than cost.
thanks,
gnawgahyde
steve

code red shockwave
04-27-2007, 08:59 PM
I think i'd much rather get a 1997 Destro and do a lousy repaint of my own than to buy such a lousy hunk of junk...

dockingbay97
04-27-2007, 09:58 PM
I think i'd much rather get a 1997 Destro and do a lousy repaint of my own than to buy such a lousy hunk of junk...

Lucky for you no one is forcing you to. That is the beauty of collecting - you can collect what you want.

I don't understand why everytime there is any new product, people feel free to bash it.

I fully respect the fact everyone is due their own opinion and am doing nothing to change that. However I do think some people trash stuff just to trash.

dfunk7
04-27-2007, 10:21 PM
i know this isnt pointed at me, and ill be buying one myslef, because i want the 3 3/4 line to continue and the only way it will is if the stuff they put out does well, but i have to say im not a fan is this sculpt, im barley a fan the the previous new sculpt, and i love the original 80's sculpt stuff,

i know they are trying to make the symetrical and trying to get them do have different body styles, but this particular destro seems to look a little deformed, im truely hopeing its just the pose he's in and when i get him he;ll look awesome, but his neck looks like its been stretched out, his upper body looks decent and muscular but his legs are chicken legs

to me he just looks deformed a touch and i really hope its just the picture, either way im happy to see new figures from hasbro and hope the line will be rejuvinated and then hopefully they'll branch out and bring us back the wave 4 figures maybe add some new ones like wraith thats what i really hope happens

so thanx hasbro for keeping the line alive

joeguy28
04-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey, I know everyone is asking someone who's going to get them one so I'm going to ask the same. SOMEONE PLEASE GET ME ONE, BOTH VERSIONS IF THEY ARE BOTH 3 3/4. I'LL PAY YOU WHAT YOU PAID PLUS SHIPPING PLUS I'LL SEND SOME VIPERS I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TRADE TO YOU. Am I begging yet? Oh well, I'd really like to have both versions if they are both 3 3/4. Please PM me if you think you can?

Lody
04-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Is attending the convention the only way to get the exclusives? Also-can we start a thread for those that can't attend who hook up with someone who is to obtain one? :D

killface
04-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Just looked at the PDD - Paint does look shotty, but I bet it was done quickly and the ones up for sale will be more uniform, and clean.

Eh, I don't have a problem with this, I'm not sure they could have found something more rare, and untouched, than PDD.

dfunk7
04-29-2007, 01:03 PM
yeah i think its a great idea, and it proves that with support hasbro is willing to start making joes for the collectors market, i cant wait to see what the future holds for joes, if they are willing to put out stuff like this, maybe just maybe we'll start to see figures like wraith and all those others everyone has been begging for

lets keep our fingers crossed

Canadian51
04-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Ok - I only have a minute and just found out the news a little while ago -

Hopefully this question hasn't been asked - if it has, I appologize, I just don't have time to read all the posts to see :(

Is this exclusive only available at SDCC or will it available at the other Wizard World conventions - specifically Chicago or Baltimore?

THANKS -

PS - put me down on the list of people who want both of them but can't make it to SDCC.

Shogi
04-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Ok - I only have a minute and just found out the news a little while ago -

Hopefully this question hasn't been asked - if it has, I appologize, I just don't have time to read all the posts to see :(

Is this exclusive only available at SDCC or will it available at the other Wizard World conventions - specifically Chicago or Baltimore?

THANKS -

PS - put me down on the list of people who want both of them but can't make it to SDCC.

As far as I know it's only gonna be at SDCC. I have heard though, that it may be at Hasbrotoyshop.com after the convention. (But I don't know that for sure)

dockingbay97
04-30-2007, 08:41 AM

SDCC is not connected in any way with the Wizard shows.

Yes, there is a chance these will be on hasbrotoyshop after the show but they may not be - last year's Nemesis Prime never made it to the site. I imagine it really depends on how well they sell at the show.

Blackstarninja
05-10-2007, 12:36 AM
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=406&d=

looks awesome !

Flophouse
05-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Funky? Garish? Cool?

Yes...

CGC
05-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Looks great, too bad it isn't a retail release. Even though some people have spoken out against them I think they'll go quick!

thefallentonystone
05-10-2007, 01:29 AM
It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I would love to get one and since there is no way I will be going to SDCC I hope I can pick one up on ebay

Shogi
05-10-2007, 04:37 AM
Yeah, I definately want one :)

quintonarledge
05-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Is that a chromium cardstock?

I want this figure, but I can't go to friggin' San Diego! Will this be available at the Joe-Con (only 3 hours away from me in NC!)

dockingbay97
05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
I want this figure, but I can't go to friggin' San Diego! Will this be available at the Joe-Con (only 3 hours away from me in NC!)

Very doubtful. This is a Hasbro exclusive for SDCC and not a MC offering.

Marauder_John
05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I would love to get one and since there is no way I will be going to SDCC I hope I can pick one up on ebay

I wonder... The card says "Convention Exclusive 2007" with no specific mention of the SDCC. That leaves Hasbro the option of having them also available for the Joe con in September. The 25th figures are directed towards Joe fans, so you would hope the Big H would give a nod towards their base and have them also available at the "Hasbro sponsored" official GI Joe event. :cool:

Serpentor878
05-10-2007, 09:43 PM
So there is going to be 1 silver version and 1 gold version. Thats nice. I hope I can get both.

CGC
05-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I wonder... The card says "Convention Exclusive 2007" with no specific mention of the SDCC. That leaves Hasbro the option of having them also available for the Joe con in September. The 25th figures are directed towards Joe fans, so you would hope the Big H would give a nod towards their base and have them also available at the "Hasbro sponsored" official GI Joe event. :cool:
I'd bet they'll have a few for prizes on casino night (GI Joe con in Atlanta), but otherwise I think they'll sell out at the comicon.

Serpentor878
05-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Im sure there will be quite a few on ebay either way. but the price will probably be high. Im getting both either way.

Flophouse
05-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Anyone with MC membership can now see both versions, gold and silver, of loose and carded PDDs. Each comes with a matching colored stand, gold or silver. Kinda cool.

Just log in, it's on the first page.

Shogi
05-22-2007, 06:06 AM
Oooo both heads are chromy :) as are the stands

Blackstarninja
05-22-2007, 07:00 AM
pictures ?

CGC
05-22-2007, 07:47 AM
pictures ?
At the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club (http://www.gijoeclub.com/). There is a large link (http://www.gijoeclub.com/sdcc07figures.cfm) on the home page to both. I think it is available to everyone now, not just members.

MikePrime
05-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Chrome!?! Why can't the regular figure have chrome too? Now I have to get both.

RedClaw
05-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Get a spare silver chrome. Easy head swap ;)

Super Sport
05-22-2007, 02:12 PM
I really, really want these, in fact, my desire to obtain both can only be matched in strength by how ugly they are. What a head scratcher... :confused:

TheReverend
05-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm really not too big on the gold one, never really liked Destro with the gold head in any form.

But man the silver one I'm all about - I'd really like to get 2 silvers, one to keep MOC and one to open.

Has it been stated anywhere how many of each (gold & silver) will be made? I hope it's a pretty good sized run, 'cause I really have to get at least one...

Net-Viper X
05-22-2007, 05:23 PM
That has got to be one of the ugliest figures I have ever laid eyes on. For some reason part of me still wants to buy one, just so I can paint a Gnawgahyde hat in the matching burgandy and leopard print. I think that hat would make the most perfect pimp hat with the thick fur hat band and the way its turned up on one side.

Bigtattoo
05-22-2007, 11:16 PM
That has got to be one of the ugliest figures I have ever laid eyes on. For some reason part of me still wants to buy one, just so I can paint a Gnawgahyde hat in the matching burgandy and leopard print. I think that hat would make the most perfect pimp hat with the thick fur hat band and the way its turned up on one side.
I seen a couple of people saying that- Id love to see photos of that.
Especially with a feather in the cap, big fur coat/trenchcoat and cane.
I agree that the figure looks fugly, but thats its charm.
Its so over the top and unrepentant. I love it, especially the gold one (I always preferred Destro witha gold head)

RedClaw
05-22-2007, 11:38 PM
I think it's Killuminatti who makes soft-good jackets and clothing for 3 3/4" figures...there is definitely potential for a good jacket for PDD.

See, I really like the idea of this figure. It celebrates a famous/infamous figure and makes it available to almost everyone and at the same time, we don't have to take it seriously as a collectible, just a fun, quirky figure to poke fun.

Great job Hasbro!

LOCAL
05-23-2007, 12:08 AM
I can't find any info at the SDCC website or at master collector.
Has any one bought an exclusive at the SDCC before? How will PDD be distributed? Will they be selling them at a booth? I plan on going to the convention and I'm just curious about who I need to go to to get my PDD's.

Super Sport
05-23-2007, 03:06 AM
I just realized that the SDCC is 2 MONTHS away...

Son of a Baroness!!! Thats a long time.

dockingbay97
05-23-2007, 08:42 AM
I can't find any info at the SDCC website or at master collector.
Has any one bought an exclusive at the SDCC before? How will PDD be distributed? Will they be selling them at a booth? I plan on going to the convention and I'm just curious about who I need to go to to get my PDD's.

All you need to do is go to the Hasbro booth. Be prepared as there will be a long, long line as Hasbro is offering several different exclusive toys. There will also be some limit on how many you can buy. I would imagine the limit will be five or less.

Flophouse
05-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Is there now a bloody third version of this figure? Here's the original two versions http://www.gijoeclub.com/sdcc07figures.cfm but now I see this third version on hisstank.com http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511

This third version has no leopard print. I dispise little variants, it makes it that much harder and expensive to complete collections.

RedClaw
05-31-2007, 12:59 PM
No, there are only two versions.

One with a Gold chrome head and one with a silver chrome head. As for the leopard change, it's unknown - the photos people are seeing are of a resin prototype/mock up from Hasbro and not the actual figure. My crystal ball says that both figures will have leopard print, just different heads.

As we've already seen carded shots, I would say trust the photos on the Official Collectors' site.

Flophouse
05-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Well the non leopard one is shown at comic con web page too. Hmm.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci07_actionfigs_2.php

RedClaw
05-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Well the non leopard one is shown at comic con web page too. Hmm.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci07_actionfigs_2.php

Yep, and it's also a resin prototype, not a production level figure.

We'll know when it's available or when samples leak on eBay.