can someone take photos of the 25th ann toys at retail ..... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : can someone take photos of the 25th ann toys at retail .....

Blackstarninja
05-14-2007, 09:25 PM
can someone please take their camera with them and take some pictures if theres a whole heap of them and in a nice display ?

Living in New Zealand , theres no chance of them being released over here so Ive preordered mine from bbts .
But it would be awesome to see these bad boys on the shelf , and in stores .

So if someones going to walmart or Target or any retail store to get their joes , can you take your camera with you and upload the pics here ?
I would love to see them all especially if theres a heap of them there;)

Flophouse
05-14-2007, 10:47 PM
This is a good idea, albeit, several months from possibility. We all know how giddy we get when we see grainy, sun-faded, and extremely rare photos of toy aisles from the early-mid '80's. Although these figures will never have the same shelf space and accompaning vehicles to make it look great, these figures should get some archiving photos. I have a great camera but live in Canada so I probably won't be seeing much. The Times Square T'R'U has always had a great GIJOE display on the second floor so anyone in NY could get some good photos when the line is in full swing. You can take all the photos you want in that store, people do it all the time.

My 2 cents.

Blackstarninja
05-15-2007, 01:05 AM
yeah Im sure the times square Toys'r'us would have a awesome display !
Hopefully one of you guys here can snap some pics !

Blackstarninja
06-05-2007, 01:00 AM
just giving this a bumperoo as it sounds like these will be arriving in stores soon .
Lets see those pics of joes on the pegs !!!!!!!!!!!:D

Shogi
06-05-2007, 07:28 PM
This can be tricky as many stores don't like people taking pictures of their displays (I think it has to do with fear of competitors copying their flow plans or something) I'll see what I can do with the stores around me when the figures show up

Blackstarninja
06-05-2007, 08:06 PM
That would be awesome even if its on a camera phone , some of them are just as good as a standalone digital camera .
My current phone has a 2 megapixel camera and takes a really good photo .

Man , these have got to be hitting stores any day now , the wait is almost unbearable haha:D

samluvsjoes
06-05-2007, 08:09 PM
This can be tricky as many stores don't like people taking pictures of their displays (I think it has to do with fear of competitors copying their flow plans or something) I'll see what I can do with the stores around me when the figures show up

LOL, reading this made me think of how funny it would be to get tackled in Wal-Mart by security for taking pictures of their toy display.

Someone could always get a air of earrings for their girlfriend/wife like the one Zarana wore in GI Joe: The Movie;)
Sam

skinny
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM

so true I got asked by a manager not to take pictures at one of the midnight star wars madness events at wally world which was fine because by that point i had enuff pictures anyway

i told my coworkers the next day ( i used to work retail) and the loss prevention manager said they would have done the same thing

so if anyone tries... be sneaky! ( not that i endorse such behavior)

CGC
06-06-2007, 05:30 AM
I've never tried with a real camera, but I've snapped shots with my phone many times & have never heard a word about it. I suppose being seen taking the pics would make a difference, & just taking one or two then putting it away is a pretty small window...

Shogi
06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
so if anyone tries... be sneaky! ( not that i endorse such behavior)

I planned on just asking if I could. I've had two incidents (one was mad, one allowed the picture) A friend of mine took a picture of me getting coffee in a convience store and the clerk was all like "Don't do that anymore" The other time I went to an ABC store, told them I was doing a contest for "Strangest place to find a GI Joe" and asked if I could take a picture in their store, the clerk there had no problem at all and let me take this:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c260/Shogi88/CaptnShippy.jpg

Sometimes if they know why you're doing something and it may not be a big deal (Like say Star Wars midnight madness) they may just let you do it if you ask polietly

Lody
06-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Since I am part of the woodwork at my local Wal Mart and TRU's I think I can get away with taking pics.

Goldbug
06-07-2007, 12:26 AM

LOL!
Well that makes totally no sense whatsoever since their flowcharts are sitting OUT IN THE OPEN. I could technically just swipe one, fold it up & walk out of the store with it. I saw them all over the place tonight. Didn't bother looking at it though.

Urban Saboteur
06-07-2007, 06:33 AM
I always found half the problem is not asking.. maybe it's just different over there in the USA. If you ask usually they are okay with it.
I guess it also depends on if you work your charm or not. :o
Rich

Abomb
06-07-2007, 12:38 PM
You can get away with a whole lot of things if you ask, but if you don't people can be quite hostile.:cool:

skinny
06-13-2007, 03:20 PM
It all depends on who is there. For the attack of the clones I had no problem whatsoever but then I also had to wait until 2 hours past midnight for them to set the aisle! and to top it all off I never bought anything! I was there for the experience.

Then for episode three I was taking pics just like before and really was about to leave and then got asked to not take pics. Which of course I did.

For episode one I wasnt taking pics at all I went to TRu and a old high school acquaintance was doing a radio spot from his cell. I was a ways back in line.

Still at all three people were helping each other get what they wanted. the guy in front would get asked for a Darth Maul or whatever and it would get handed back.

But im getting off subject here. the point is to quote Old Ben "You must do what you feel is right of course."

With no vehicles around this wonderful event may only be like two feet of pegs in a four foot section, not like the Glory Days when there were 24? feet of Joe or even 12 feet.

Still confirmation pics would be loverly...

stknviper1071
06-13-2007, 03:52 PM
2 words.....CAMERA PHONE!:D ..no one suspects someone with a phone

Shogi
06-13-2007, 04:34 PM
2 words.....CAMERA PHONE!:D ..no one suspects someone with a phone

one word.......Poor! :D My phone has a flashlight, no room for a camera in there!

Blackstarninja
06-25-2007, 02:34 AM
Since it sounds like these will be on shelves anyday now im giving this thread a bump so hopefully someone can take some pictures :)

XtremeWRATH360
06-25-2007, 05:08 AM
If my Walmart gets them which i doubt, but if they do im taking a picture as soon as possible.

YELSEW
06-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Am I missing something, is it illegal to take a picture of a super market aisle?

dockingbay97
06-25-2007, 09:20 AM
It is not illegal but it is not uncommon to get booted out of a store for doing so. The major concern is you are working for a competitor store.

goodguyswearblack9
06-25-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm glad that my Wal-mart is crowded and dirty so nobody would ever notice me taking a few pics; however, their GI Joe section is usually very poor.

Deadman2099
06-25-2007, 02:37 PM
one word.......Poor! :D My phone has a flashlight, no room for a camera in there!

heheh...
until like last year, my phone had a rotary dialer on it :P

Goldbug
06-25-2007, 11:47 PM
It is not illegal but it is not uncommon to get booted out of a store for doing so. The major concern is you are working for a competitor store.

I don't see how a competitor store could use that as an advantage. Heck anyone can go and look at the aisle without a camera. My Wal-Mart still has those charts on the shelves for the stockers. It says confidential on them.
No 25th Joes are listed on it.
Target's layout looks similar to Wal-Mart's too.

I'm glad that my Wal-mart is crowded and dirty so nobody would ever notice me taking a few pics; however, their GI Joe section is usually very poor.

The Sigma 6 section is 3 vertical pegs with maybe 4 figures each?

goodguyswearblack9
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
They've got like 4 pegs vertically and most of the time the figures are knocked off the pegs and lying around somewhere.

ttfndude
06-26-2007, 05:15 PM
checked all ours again ho such luck but they did finally refill the 8 inch Sigma six so maybe. The reason that they are always lyin around is that they put the pegs too close than overstock usually the crap. Oh and wal-mart now has quite a display of corps right next to the S6

ttfndude

82to87Joes
06-26-2007, 08:30 PM
i always take pics with my cam phone to remember to look up prices when i get home. nobody ever says anything but usually theres no one around

YELSEW
06-27-2007, 01:32 AM
I find that ludicrous. With today's technology and the Internet, who cares if you want to take a picture of an aisle? Sounds crazy to me.

dockingbay97
06-27-2007, 01:59 AM
I know it sounds crazy but take a camera into a few stores and start taking pictures of the aisles - even grocery stores. I bet before long a manager comes out and says something. You might get away with it once or even several times but at some point when management sees you, you will be asked to leave.

Chain retail stores take their competition seriously.

Related link:

http://consumerist.com/consumer/how-to/how-to-take-pictures-inside-stores-without-getting-caught-244231.php

Goldbug
06-27-2007, 02:39 AM
I know it sounds crazy but take a camera into a few stores and start taking pictures of the aisles - even grocery stores. I bet before long a manager comes out and says something. You might get away with it once or even several times but at some point when management sees you, you will be asked to leave.

Related link:

http://consumerist.com/consumer/how-to/how-to-take-pictures-inside-stores-without-getting-caught-244231.php

Interesting and I found this link on the message boards there...

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/andrewkantor/2005-12-29-camera-laws_x.htm

Blackstarninja
06-27-2007, 03:19 AM
Interesting and I found this link on the message boards there...

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/andrewkantor/2005-12-29-camera-laws_x.htm

Thats perfect !

Now all you guys take photos of the joes at retail so we can get some great shots and if anyone form walmart/target etc tell you not to take photos tell them its your constitutional right .

And could they please leave you alone as you have some more photos to take ;)

Way to stick it to the man haha :D

dockingbay97
06-27-2007, 06:15 AM
And the store owner has the legal right to tresspass you from the store.

Blayloxzuess
06-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Thats perfect !

Now all you guys take photos of the joes at retail so we can get some great shots and if anyone form walmart/target etc tell you not to take photos tell them its your constitutional right .

And could they please leave you alone as you have some more photos to take ;)

Way to stick it to the man haha :D

Lots of the stores have a sign on the door telling you that you are not allowed to bring cameras or recording devices into their store. Technically, by entering, I think you are agreeing to that, or if you disagree, you just have to not enter the store.

That article is very intresting & great in theory, but unless you are going to shell out big dollars for a lawyer every time you take pictures, it's probably not real practical.

Shogi
06-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Lots of the stores have a sign on the door telling you that you are not allowed to bring cameras or recording devices into their store. Technically, by entering, I think you are agreeing to that, or if you disagree, you just have to not enter the store.

That article is very intresting & great in theory, but unless you are going to shell out big dollars for a lawyer every time you take pictures, it's probably not real practical.

Well like I said, you can always just ask someone there (Preferably someine in authority) I've been in a few different Wal-marts and a K-mart with a 30 pound camera and tripod before.....course I also had a reporter tagging along asking people questions but that's beside the point :p

snarf5181
06-27-2007, 09:41 AM

I wouldn't limit it to chains. I work at an independent pharmacy and it is a big deal with us. Its really old, so I would guess most people are looking at the antiques and fixtures, but you never know so there is a zero tolerance policy.

samluvsjoes
06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Also, many places frown upon taking pictures because of the threat of crime. For instance, you might be taking pictures to plan a big heist. Or, for all they know, you're taking pictures to determine where best to place a bomb. It's not always about store layout.
Sam

Abomb
06-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Also, many places frown upon taking pictures because of the threat of crime. For instance, you might be taking pictures to plan a big heist. Or, for all they know, you're taking pictures to determine where best to place a bomb. It's not always about store layout.
Sam

Well, I for one am planning on bombing some stores...unless they get the 25th figures in the next week! j/k :p

Blackstarninja
07-10-2007, 12:57 AM
Jsut another bumpero .
Sounds like tehse are hittign stores everywhere now so lets see some pics of these on shelves !!!!!!!:D

willie&joe
09-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Took this picture last month at Target. It's a little blurry, mainly 'cause there were a lot of Red Shirts around so I was nervous. But it's something at least.

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=targethm2.jpg

John Missal
09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
that picture of target would be the same every where. There are only 4 pegs for joes adn one shelf slot, 4 units deep. One walmart in my area doesn't have a spot at all for anything and the other has only 3 pegs which are always empty.

JohN M>

Abomb
09-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Your Target still stocks Elite Force? I haven't seen them at mine for a while.

dockingbay97
09-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Your Target still stocks Elite Force? I haven't seen them at mine for a while.

All of them around me just started stocking pretty heavy with that stuff again about a month or so ago.

UCJoe
09-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Targets in this area have a much larger section for Elite Force than the 25th Anniversary Joe line.

I can easily take a photo of a Joe display in a store. I just have not been to one where it is stocked.

All of my photos would be on a few empty pegs with one or two Stormshadows, Snake Eyes, or Cobra Comander hanging there.

CobraGang
09-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Yup. The Target near me has tons of Elite Force figures and vehicles.

The 25th Anniv. Joe pegs stay empty there. Box sets are in, but no single packs hardly ever. I've only seen single Joes there twice and I've been to the store at least 10 times.

Goldbug
09-17-2007, 08:45 PM
I believe Hasbro underestimated the demand for the 25th figures.
I have only been able to find the 5 packs & one single Cobra Commander. There seem to be plenty of 5 packs since those were the ones we were originally going to get.

Deadman2099
09-17-2007, 08:55 PM
yeah, all I could find near me were flint, storm shadow, cc, and snake eyes single packs. soooo that's all i've spent any money on.

Blackstarninja
04-26-2008, 06:40 PM
sorry to dig up a older thread , but has anyone got any photos of the 25th figures on display in their walmart/target etc .
Be even better if it was a big display !!!
Im dying to see pics !!!!!!!!!

Shogi
04-27-2008, 12:22 PM
sorry to dig up a older thread , but has anyone got any photos of the 25th figures on display in their walmart/target etc .
Be even better if it was a big display !!!
Im dying to see pics !!!!!!!!!

Here's a pic someone posted a while back:
http://forums.yojoe.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3302&d=1202772137

And here's some pics from a collector on Hisstank:
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105639&postcount=14

The most I've seen in person is 6 pegs of Comics and 8 pegs of Singles

therobidentity
04-27-2008, 07:20 PM
TRU Officer sets:
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6046/0427081609ni3.th.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0427081609ni3.jpg)

Two each on the bottom shelf, one of the green and blue up top.