Paypal Strikes Again!!!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Paypal Strikes Again!!!!

AkshayLakhiani
05-16-2007, 07:31 AM
If you're not currently staying in the US like me, you may have a bumpy road ahead if you rely on paypal to accept/send payments.

I've been using paypal for a good 3 years now and I've gathered over 200 feedback via paypal's verified feedback service yet paypal now requires me to place a US Bank account on my account inorder to receive payments despite me already having verified my self through my mastercard.

I no longer have a US Bank Account because I've switched to a Foreign Bank Account due to work related issues, so unless I sign up for a US Bank account again, I won't be able to use paypal again.

However, obtaining a US Bank account if you're not currently staying in the States isn't cheap, it's really expensive and the mantainence costs are ridiculous...

I use paypal primarily to receive payments on my ebay auctions and also to send money to my children, so living without a paypal account isn't gonna be easy...

I contacted paypal regarding this matter and according to an official Paypal reply, the error maybe caused by system maintenance.

From what I understand this is now a Global Problem for countries other than The US. I've heard that this problem is being reported as far away as Iceland...

Personally, I don't get paypal. If they want to make money I don't see why they like to cause problems like this. It can get really frustrating at times especially when they refuse to let me know when the error would possibly be resolved. How can they keep us hanging like this?

Guys, If you're expecting payments from any intl clientel you might wanna keep this in mind. Plus if your not from the States and your going through the same thing as me, try emailing paypal. I guess the only way they're gonna get this resolved is if they receive millions of complaints...

I had to send some funds to my Daughter in Japan, but it seems she cant receive paypal payments w/o having a US Bank Account so I think I'm gonna have to do it the old fashion way...

Corey Stinson
05-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I stopped accepting PayPal a long time ago because they suck. Unfortunately they have monopoly on the consumer internet electronic payment business right now but I hope that changes in the future.

bluebikerboy1
05-27-2007, 01:22 PM
im currently looking into ading a credit card processing option on my site with paypal option so people can choose. im getting tired of being ripped off too.

Corey Stinson
05-27-2007, 06:52 PM
nopaypal.com is a good site to take a look at.

It explains (from some PayPal insiders) the problems and fraud issues that PayPal has had to deal with as a result of their business model, and how they "pay it forward" to their customers (mainly their sellers) in the form of seized accounts and other hassles.

Everyone I personally meet that has used PayPal to receive money has had problems with them, their account seized for bizarre or unexplained reasons, chargebacks unfairly handled, and so on. I was just having a conversation w/ my neighbor about this very subject today.

One of these days the major credit card companies/transaction processor networks are going to get together and form their own instant transfer payment system, cut out PayPal (who are basically just an additional layer of middle man), and lay the hurt on them.

I can't wait! :)

Goldbug
05-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Here were my problems...
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=43257

I think we should all write our congressmen & ask why Paypal isn't being regulated as a bank.

82to87Joes
05-28-2007, 03:13 PM
ive been very lucky and havent had any problems but a friend of mine has lost about $6000 because of chargebacks and paypal fraud. im very seriously considering going to a money order/check only system. it really adds a lot of hassle waiting for stuff to clear and some people are turned off by no paypal but so be it

zgraham
05-28-2007, 05:32 PM
I am having a problem with paypal right now. I had a guy file an item not recieved 2 days after he paid for it. Thankfully I had delivery confirmation. I have tried emailing paypal with no response. Does anyone know their toll free number? I hear they have 1 but it is impossible to find on the website.

whitedalek
05-28-2007, 06:02 PM
It appears that their toll free number is (888) 221-1161 and their non-toll free number is (650) 864-8000. Good luck. A buddy of mine had a problem with Paypal (I've never had a problem myself) and he spent about 14 hours on the phone with them before it was resolved. The thing that drove him crazy was that they followed the same script and then would hang up on him on purpose.