View Full Version : Thundercats Live Action Movie

Lody
06-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Warner Bros has announced that the script for a live action Thundercats movie has FINALLY been written (re-written depending on who you ask) and that they are slated to begin production. It's about darn time. Any other fans here? I have been a fan of then since I was 5 years old and have an almost complete collection of the toys (minus Cat's Lair and the Tongue A Sarus) asd well as a ton of misc other stuff (Tshirts, buttons, posters comics etc). Everyone at my company knows what a HUGE flippin fan I am as my car is decked out in mats, steering wheel cover, decals etc) and I have been waiting to get a tattoo of the Eye of Thundera. Is anyone else as excited about this news as I am? I am hoping upon hope that this will also mean a new toy line....:eek:

CGC
06-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Not long ago there was a thread (http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=47027) with a teaser for a Live Action TC movie, but for how cheesy it was I assumed it was either a parody or a home made clip.

I was never a fan, but if it's good I might see it anyway (good, not the version I linked to...).

orionlukteel
06-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Great news. Maybe the Transformers hype and the new emphasis on the Masters of the Universe license kick-started a long-overdue live action Thundercats movie.

About time! As long as they don't cheese it out Power Rangers-style, the franchise has potential. Hopefully not Daredevil or Elektra or Ghost Rider potential. :D

Reptilian Popinjay
06-07-2007, 08:05 PM
I thought figures.com said it would be CGI animation.

Lody
06-07-2007, 08:18 PM
I thought figures.com said it would be CGI animation.

I have been seeing both live action and CGI today so I am not sure which one-either way it will be about time

ttfndude
06-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Fan here too, my friend is a much bigger fan we have had multiple discussions on a movie. Hopefully they will do it right, I can't wait.

ttfndude

james strickland
06-12-2007, 07:25 PM
i think it would work it would be cool all the trailers for the transformer movies rule if they cand do ever thing they are doing to the thundercats that they are doing to the tranformer It might work.