What do we call Sigma 6? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : What do we call Sigma 6?

green firefly
06-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Now that "Sigma 6" is gone from the packaging...and I assume everywhere else, what do we now call them?

utrom
06-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Now that "Sigma 6" is gone from the packaging...and I assume everywhere else, what do we now call them?

I call them by their theme kung fu grip. Other people on the forums call them 8" inchs or RAH.;)

barbecue17
06-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Over at Sigma 6 central, we still just call them Sigmas. I have the feeling the figures are going to change themes quite regularly (Sigma 6, ARAH, Combat Squad, Adventure Team)
Some people call them ARAH 8 inch, but nothing rolls off the tongue for me quite like Sigmas.

MacGyver
06-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Well, I'm used to calling them Sigmas, but I've also been using 8". It's kind of weird trying to call them something because of the different themes that will be in there, like barbecue17 said...but 8" works...like 12"...covers a wide variety, but it works.

green firefly
06-21-2007, 12:49 PM
I like 8" as a name, but then there are some that aren't 8 inches...which I think is cool by the way.

Otomite
06-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Why did they get rid of Sigma?

MacGyver
06-23-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm not really sure, but my guess is it has to do with the 25th anniversary focus on the ARAH look. Maybe it has something to do with the cartoon not doing well (just a guess...I have no idea how well it did)? The Sigma theme was kind of good because it updated the Joe concept and really targeted kids...but I do prefer the more ARAH look of things coming. ;) Could be Hasbro's expecting big things from it's 25A 3.75 line and so they figure carrying that over to the 8" line will improve it's chances of longevity?

2LT VIPER
07-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Just a guess for the demise of Sigma....well 14.99 is great if you are a collector but as a parent that is too much for one figure. I have kids, and they were not wowed by the figures. Now, the 6 pack sets they loved and played with. They like the smaller joes better. They did not like the other side of sigme the 2.75 or whatever they were, there was a very limited play and no really cool characters.....over all, hasbro does a good job with concepts, they market terribly. The t.v. show should be on everyday in one place right after school.....but it is not....I have a hard time finding when it is on.

green firefly
07-02-2007, 07:50 AM
I haven't heard that they are getting rid of the 8" line. As far as I know, they've just removed the "Sigma 6" name. Now they are ARAH.

skyline
07-02-2007, 09:19 AM
8" Gi Joes

barbecue17
07-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, the getting rid of the Sigma 6 name is just a theme change. The 8inch figures are moving into three new themes: A Real American Hero, which is the basic line and will include a mixture of new characters and old favorites, notably Gung-Ho and Flint, Combat Squad, which are more military based figures, and include a mix of new and favorite characters as well, such as Shockwave, Alpine, and Torpedo. Thirdly, there will be 8 inch Adventure team, including awesome characters with cool animal companions/adversarys.

8 inch Joes are certainly not going anywhere, they are just not being called Sigma 6 anymore. The cartoon series also explained that Firefly was able to gain too much intel on the Sigma suits, so the program had to be overhauled.

And in terms of price, I really don't think 8 inch Joes are much more than most other kid directed toy lines. A single Spidrman 3 figure is close to 8 or 9 dollars at most stores, and I definitely see more play value in a 9.99 -14.99 Joe figure.

Jay West
07-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Are the new 8" Joes (Adventure team, Lockdown, Inferno, etc.) archived anywhere on yojoe.com? If not I hope they will be. I am considering getting into 8" Joes, but would like to see some of yojoe.com great archive coverage before buying.

barbecue17
07-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey,
I haven't seen any really new sets on Yojoe.com, but Sigma6central.com has plenty of reviews and pictures up of the new stuff. Check it out!

MacGyver
07-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah Sigma6Central is the best source for 8 inch info...in my humble opinion.. :)

Here's the actual link: http://www.joebattlelines.com/s6c/index.htm

That gets you to the main news for the toyline and from there you can access really detailed reviews and pictures. Unfortunately they only go as far as the Camo LongRange wave...so none of the newest things yet, but I'm sure they're forthcoming. But if you go to the forums at joebattlelines.com and check out the Sigma 6 section, you'll find pics and reviews I think of the newest figures. ;)

misterd
07-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah Sigma6Central is the best source for 8 inch info...in my humble opinion.. :)

Here's the actual link: http://www.joebattlelines.com/s6c/index.htm

That gets you to the main news for the toyline and from there you can access really detailed reviews and pictures. Unfortunately they only go as far as the Camo LongRange wave...so none of the newest things yet, but I'm sure they're forthcoming. But if you go to the forums at joebattlelines.com and check out the Sigma 6 section, you'll find pics and reviews I think of the newest figures. ;)

Going a little further, but the massive amount of new product has Justin backlogged.

Try this link for the new home page:

http://s6c.joebattlelines.com/