View Full Version : Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

orionlukteel
06-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Has anyone else been able to catch this one?

I got a chance to see it on an inflatable drive-in screen at the Orange County fairgrounds last weekend, and it (the movie, not the drive-in, though that was kinda cool too) definitely met my expectations.

I actually liked this one a WHOLE lot better than the first.

The whole Surfer issue was handled pretty well, I was pleased to hear Laurence Fishburne as the Surfer's voice, and the whole Morpheus/Cowboy Curtis connection didn't even hit me until after the movie. :D

Any other thoughts?
Please mark spoilers as such if asking questions or making comments about specific events in the movie. Thanks!

The Faceless Master
06-24-2007, 04:56 PM
I watched it with my daughter yesterday
Altho it was pretty predictable, SHE loved it, thats all that matters :cool:

starrcommand
06-24-2007, 09:55 PM
I saw it. I liked it enough. Not great but much better than the first one.

statesofeuphoria
06-28-2007, 01:42 PM
IMO, it was probably the best superhero movie I have seen in a long time, if ever. WAY better than Spiderman 3.

starrcommand
06-28-2007, 03:56 PM
I dont know about in a long time but its the best so far this year. I mean both spiderman 1&2 pluse xmen 1&2 were much better. The best movie I think ive seen this year was meet the robinsons. Although i cant wait for TF next week. I think that will be the best of the year.

whitedalek
06-28-2007, 05:21 PM
It was pretty decent and a whole lot better than the first one. Plus, I'll always be happy to look at Jessica Alba in a skin-tight outfit! :p

YELSEW
07-06-2007, 07:37 PM
As with most of the sequels released this summer (or trilogies or whatever you want to call them) I am holding off and purchasing them when they come out on DVD. I figure if my wife and I go it will cost $15 plus whatever we eat. We have a 60" Sony Grand Wega and I own a Lifestyle 38 Bose Surround Sound, so I will probably just pay the $12.99 or whatever it is when they come out on DVD.

Guess, I am just getting old and don't like the whole theater thing.

ttfndude
07-10-2007, 01:00 AM
That's the one good thing about living where I do. There is a small screen in a small town a little ways away that shows the new movies. For my wife daughter and me to get in with popcorn and drink is $15. Point being I just watched FF4 and it was really good compared to the 1st and better than Spiderman 3. We'll be seeing Evan Almighty this weekend and Ratatouille next and than something I have been waiting for so long for Transformers. YEAH:D :eek: But FF4 was not over the top great but very good.

ttfndude

The Faceless Master
07-10-2007, 08:06 AM
We'll be seeing Evan Almighty this weekend and Ratatouille next and than something I have been waiting for so long for Transformers. YEAH:D :eek: But FF4 was not over the top great but very good
I heard Evan Almighty was weak, even tho it does star Steve Carell
I watched Ratatouille last weekend & immensely enjoyed it :D
I heard from more than a dozen people that Transformers totally rocked
One of my co-workers actually watched it 3x since it opened... :cool:

MikePrime
07-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I think it was better than the first one. The presentation of Galactus was a lot more satisfying than I thought it would be, considering how he was depicted.

neoviper76
07-13-2007, 09:12 PM
I enjoyed it. The Surfer was done well and was also pleased with what they did with Galactus. Cant wait for Iron Man, a real Incredible Hulk (Ed Norton...great pick for Banner) and the Dark Knight.