Lets Convince Hasbro We Have Got To Have "pythona" [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Lets Convince Hasbro We Have Got To Have "pythona"

Shipwreck"n"polly
07-28-2007, 10:24 PM
How Many Of Us Have Said Please Make Pythona, Now We Have Seen The Prototype At The Sdcc, How Do We Get Them To Make It, Help Me Rally Support For The Figure.

Super Sport
07-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Is there something I'm missing here? 1986 was the last year I paid any attention to Joes, so I'm not well versed in stuff/lore that came out in the latter part of the 80s. Also, I've never opened up a Devils Due comic either, so again, forgive me for not being hip... But based on the research I've done on characters like Pythona and other assorted Cobra La familiars, I just can't see where the adoration comes from. Everything from the look of the characters to the story they sprung from seems bad. "Bad meaning bad" that is.

So, please, don't kill me. Help me to understand. Convince me why Pythona and the Cobra La mythos is "Bad meaning good".

Firebat
07-28-2007, 11:40 PM
I think we should try to convince them to make all the custom figures. There wasn't one there that I wouldn't buy. Especially the Alley Viper, that was cool. ;)

carnage717
07-28-2007, 11:46 PM
How Many Of Us Have Said Please Make Pythona, Now We Have Seen The Prototype At The Sdcc, How Do We Get Them To Make It, Help Me Rally Support For The Figure.

To be honest if want a Pythona figure just like the one at SDCC, just take a 25th Baroness paint her pink add some spots and then get your self a Star Wars Auro Sing head and slap it on there. That all the figure is, the so-called customizers at Hasbro could even take the time to sand down the obvious features on the torso and waist they used. If you look close enough you can see every detail of the Baroness torso and waist.

Blackstarninja
07-29-2007, 04:00 AM
I love the 25th line but theres no way Id buy anything related to CobraLa ....

Shipwreck"n"polly
07-29-2007, 10:35 AM
dear dead mint storm shadow

If you stopped collecting gi joe in 1986 you missed pythona by less than a year for she was part of the 1987 gi joe the movie mythos of characters. she has also been seen in the devils due gi joe and the Transformers crossover books, aside from that i agree that all the sdcc custom figures should be made and i would buy them all. Here's what i think hasbro will do, they will start this line by making new style versions of the figures that were super hot sellers back in the day, like alley viper, night creeper, etc. everyone knows that the orange alley viper was mabee the hottest selling figure of all time, so i hope we see that custom coming real quick because it was frickin awesome!!!!!!

Syna3sthesia
07-29-2007, 10:37 AM
I concur. Hasbro get Pythona done.

Canadian51
07-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I wrote a nice eloquent post last night regarding the interest in Pythona and Cobra-La. But it seems that something went wrong and it did not post.

For those not sure why Pythona is so cool - watch the first 10 minutes of the movie. The ease and grace with which she dispatches the cobra defenses around the terrordrome and breaches the most internal domains of Cobra make her pretty sweet.

If anyone at Hasbro cares a LICK... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make Pythona.

for the love of everything vile and cruel in the Cobra Army - make this figure.

orionlukteel
07-29-2007, 01:11 PM
for the love of everything vile and cruel in the Cobra Army - make this figure.

Well, since you put it THAT way... :D

griffx01
07-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Maybe Hasbro could do a "fan's choice" type figure like they have done in the Star Wars line a few times. That would give the fans a chance to get the figures they want instead of the figures Hasbro wants us to have.

gijoe071681
07-29-2007, 01:56 PM
i too would like to see pythona she is roughly the only main character missing from the movie except for the basketball player (big lob?) although maybe they could make him too

skinny
07-29-2007, 02:25 PM
i too would like to see pythona she is roughly the only main character missing from the movie except for the basketball player (big lob?) although maybe they could make him too

They could make a Big Lob Footloose twopack ( Footloose's secondary MOS is basketball coach)

Actually I never have liked Big Lob, but Pythona, sure Jinx beat her up a bit, but Pythona's easy raid on the Terrordrome proves her skill. Hey Sgt Slaughter raided the terrordrome too with no weapons even, sounds to me like Cobra needs a security chief.

All kidding aside Pythona would be a great Hasbro Toy Shop item.

Urban Saboteur
07-29-2007, 02:32 PM
You know.. the dudes at hasbro sure should of took notice many moons ago when Nemesis Enforcer Fan claimed "Pythona should be made".

It's ridiculous that someone who spent so much time in the movie never got a figure. She appears in the first minute of the film and is a key characters right up until the last 5 minutes or so.

Already mentioned was the overwhelming ease she scaled a well guarded terrordrome base just to speak to Serpentor.

Pythona should be made, but not so much in the millions and millions and millions. She shouldn't be army built for sure.. but it would be nice if there was enough to go round so people could have one in their collection if they so wanted.
Perhaps they should make x amount of them and offer them as mail aways. That way they could make them as regards to the mailaway returns they get?
Pythona and cobra la in general aren't well received. The fact she isn't officially a Hasbro made figure yet 20 years or so after the film was made is criminal.

TheReverend
07-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I would buy Pythona.

She isn't reall high on my list, I generaly dislike Cobra LA...But she was pretty cool (Or, as close to cool as Cobra LA can get :p )

So yeah I'd buy one

But I can think of dozens of updated figs I'd probably prefer more then her...

Patrick A. Riley
07-29-2007, 03:39 PM
I for one would like a Pythona figure. However, if it was in 25th sculpt form, I would not buy it

Red Sox
07-29-2007, 06:44 PM
No thanks on a Pythona figure. I'm not a big Cobra-La fan. At all. The majority of those Hasbro customs looked pretty sweet though.

danyanda
07-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Bleh.

I remain unimpressed by the attempts to "fix" the Joe line. Reintroducing Cobra La would be one more mistake.

drummer1279
07-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I'd love to see a Pythona figure made. Yeah the movie, and Cobra-LA wasn't the best, but let's face it, Joe's have seen much worse than Cobra-LA, and survived. (Neon 90's, G.I. Joe Extreme and SGT. Savage)

Pythona to me, and many others, was one of the highlights of the movie. They only had a handful of women characters at the time, and she was quite different from all of them. With Serpentor being released again, I don't see how it would be a problem to release her.

It doesn't mean they'll bring back Cobra-LA. I actually liked Nemisis Enforcer too, but the figure really sucked. I always thought Golobulus was dumb, along with Big Lob, (Joe I know, but still dumb) and the Royal Guards were OK, but I could do without. IN my View, if any figure should be 4 inches, it should be Pyhthona and Nemisis Enforcer, as they were much bigger to begin with.

Erick
07-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Reintroducing Cobra La would be one more mistake.

Well, I wouldn't mind if they just release Pythona ;). I'm dying to see a figure of her

Loose Cannon
07-30-2007, 01:35 PM
I would buy Pythona and every other one of those custom characters. Not a real fan of lifeline or Pythona either but Shockwave, Alley Viper, Sgt Slaughter, Leatherneck they look good. Keep em coming Hasbro!:D

Eric Leavitt
07-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I would not be for it as I detest everything by Sunbow except the opening sequence to G.I.Joe: The Movie. Cobra-La, Cobra Commander's eek origin, and Serpentor's, "This I command," are horrible. Serpentor could be such a cool character.

I would rather see all of the figures from 1983-1986 redone in this new style. I would love Grunt, Flash, and Clutch. Snow Job, Wild Bill, Ace, and Torpedo are no-brainers. They will undoubtedly do Dusty and Alpine as they were Spytroops and GvC. Plus the 1986 line is my favorite: Life-Line, Mainframe (just not the Devil's Due X-Factor version), Hawk, Wet-Suit, Roadblock v2, Beachhead (who is coming), Leatherneck, Slipstream, Lift-Ticket, and Iceberg.

1986 was the best year for toys as the 1986 line with the Terror Drome and Night Raven was awesome and all of the 1985 line was available. I would like Barbeque and Airtight as well.

But I am glad so many people like Cobra-La and the cartoon and I hope Hasbro makes all of those customs shown but Raptor.

FireFox91
07-30-2007, 08:42 PM
There are so many more figures I would want to see redone before Pythona. I enjoyed the movie for what is was but I have never bought a Cobra-La figure. I don't plan on starting anytime soon.

gnawgahyde
07-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Would love to see ALL of the custom figures. I for one always liked Pythona and Raptor.