25th COBRA Officer/Trooper tally? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 25th COBRA Officer/Trooper tally?

Reptilian Popinjay
08-10-2007, 12:41 AM
I only have one Trooper, in a boxed set.

I got an Officer to keep carded. I love the card art of the individual action figures, so I plan to get one of each to keep carded.

I also have three loose Officers. Reality is I'll probably buy every one I see, plus the single card COBRA Trooper coming out. I really am addicted to the basic COBRA Soldier/Officer design.

I keep hoping some of the Asian ebay sellers will get some of the 25th Officers.

Super Sport
08-10-2007, 01:05 AM
3 Troopers, 1 boxed, 2 loose
5 Officers still carded, but I sold 1

I had bought 3 Cobra sets, 2 Joe sets, a case of singles, 4 solo Officers and an extra CC. This was all procured by pre-order. I spent almost 10 years looking for toys at every retail store in this town and the last thing I wanna do with my time now is spend it at a TRU looking at bare shelves.

That being said, I hope we see the singles on HTS some time soon. :)

AlternateUniverse Steeler
08-10-2007, 01:48 AM
I have 4 officers. 3 loose 1 carded. Cant find box sets yet

Shogi
08-10-2007, 08:46 AM
1 Officer, 1 Trooper, both loose (I'm probably set for now) Just need 11 Snake Eyes bodies now (Original 13)

Recondo76
08-10-2007, 09:16 AM
i only have one officer...it's the only one i've even seen!

Niemstar
08-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Currently at home here on my desk:
5 Cobra Troopers and 2 Cobra Officers.
Those are all the 25th Anniversary figs I have atm.

6 more Troopers and 2 Officers are on the way
and 6 Troopers and 1 Officer at my GF's place.
Makes 17 Troopers and 5 Officers in total when i have them all here.
And still trying to get more Troopers. :rolleyes:
I want 30 troopers and at least 8 Officers from my Cobra army.

The complete set of carded wave 1 is on their way.
And I still have to order the 2 boxed sets.
but a loose destro and cobra commander w/helmet are on the way as well.

The G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary and a few of the DTC are the only toylines I collect atm.
Selling off many of my other toys I collected for years for these now.
Also because I might move in the future and it's too expensive to bring all the big items.

gunslingercbr
08-10-2007, 11:06 AM
one of each - my army builder days are over. collecting the toys is obsessive enough and I have found that I enjoy it far more when that obsession ends with just having the toys themselves and doesn't extend into creating a vision of a "realistic" army of troops just to represent the concept of an actual terrorist organization.

that isn't a knock on any of you, as I, myself, am a recovering troopbuildingholic, so I understand the compulsion. :D I guess the point is, keep an eye on the For Sale section, I will be listing more army builders cheap to further aid my recovery. :D

sithviper
08-10-2007, 11:42 AM
For me I have a whopping 0 troopers and 0 officers :rolleyes:. I haven't found them yet :(

Patrick A. Riley
08-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Zero and Zero and not looking to get any more ;)

rnrhero
08-10-2007, 01:23 PM
6 officers and 1 trooper. I think I am done with the officers but to be honest, I will probably pick up more if I see them. Troop building is very addictive. And they look so cool on my desk right now.

grunt 4 mvp
08-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Put me down for '0' of each.
I'm not finished the 1987 line yet! I'm no math whiz, but that means I have at least a couple decades of 'series' before I consider the 25th fig's. :rolleyes:

Sawyer
08-10-2007, 10:40 PM
3 officers, 1 trooper.

Taichiro
08-11-2007, 12:56 AM
I need a Destro, so anybody buying sets JUST for the trooper, what are you doing with the extras?

UCJoe
08-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Only 1 trooper here, and he is still in the 5 figure box...haven't seen any Cobra Officers here yet.

Reptilian Popinjay
08-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Scored a couple more officers this weekend so that brings my count to six (5 loose, one carded).

Dreadnok4life
08-12-2007, 07:53 PM
I have only one Trooper so far. From the boxed set. I almost purchaseed a carded version but some pregnant woman ripped it off the peg when she realized I wanted it. She was obviously on orders from her man to go searching for them. It was really bizarre. My wife and I stopped by Target to kill time before going to a movie. We walked to the action figure aisle and there was a very pregnant woman with a shopping cart in front of the Sigma Six stuff. My wife said, oh there's a couple, pointing to two carded Troopers. The pregnant woman literally lashed out with her hand and ripped them off the pegs in a panic. She then mumbled "Yeah they are sold out of everything." She then hustled herself out of there like I was going to tackle her and strong arm rob her of her "precious."

My wife and I looked at each other similar in the way we looked at each other when a bag lady decided to relieve herself in the crosswalk while we waited for the red light to change green.

I suspect the preggo's husband is a hard core collector. I get it.. sort of. But if this woman's husband happens to be reading this right now, you may brace yourself for the post-partum depression that is soon to follow. Man there are so many freaky people among us. May I suggest everyone to remember it's just a $5 toy made out of plastic. It's not the last ration of rice.

Dreadnok4life
08-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Put me down for '0' of each.
I'm not finished the 1987 line yet! I'm no math whiz, but that means I have at least a couple decades of 'series' before I consider the 25th fig's. :rolleyes:

You may want to buy them now, so you don't have to pay 10X the original price. It might be more economically sound.

sithviper
08-13-2007, 03:13 AM
For me I have a whopping 0 troopers and 0 officers :rolleyes:. I haven't found them yet :(

I now have 1 trooper, and still no officers.

Derek2783
08-13-2007, 12:48 PM
How are you guys getting your loose Cobra Troopers? I've tried to buy a few on eBay, but at $20 a pop, thats a bit too much!

BTW if anyone has any available, I have 3 Cobra Boxsets missing only the Trooper I'd trade for them.

Currahee_Chris
08-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I have 2. They are my favorites so far. Did anyone else get their helmets to come off???

Derek2783
08-18-2007, 10:29 PM
I've got 8 now, with one more on the way. 2 off eBay, 4 from boxsets I bought, and 2 (soon to be 3 :D ) from online trades.

What about you guys? Whats your total up to, and how are you aquiring them?

Erick
08-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Only one :o, but I'm currently negotiating another one here, my plan is to have at least 8 troopers and 3-4 officers

Super Sport
08-18-2007, 10:40 PM
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=49660

Derek2783
08-18-2007, 11:30 PM
ah. thanks. Hey how do you view threads beyong the front page?

Erick
08-18-2007, 11:41 PM
ah. thanks. Hey how do you view threads beyong the front page?

Check the display options near the bottom left, select the time range by clicking the 'From the' box option (last 2 days, last week, last 2 weeks, etc.) That way you will be able to see older topics

Taichiro
08-19-2007, 10:11 AM
I own one trooper, and one officer.

when they release boxes of nothing but troopers, I'll get more.

or, if they single card him.

otherwise, I'm done.

Tylerec
08-19-2007, 12:37 PM
3 officers

Deogg
08-22-2007, 01:26 AM
RIght now, it's 1 of each. I'd like to get one more of each so I can open one

Zombie F-Body
08-22-2007, 05:30 AM
1 trooper, 1 officer, and one kit bashed officer/trooper Viper Glider pilot.

quintonarledge
08-22-2007, 07:39 AM
I have one MLC Cobra Trooper, one MLC Cobra Officer and one MOC Cobra Officer. That's it for me. I'm not troop-building these guys even though they are very cool. I've already indulged in the Cobra Infantry Squad, Crimson Guard Force, Night Watch, Viper Pit and B.A.T. Troop-building sets over the past few years.

Zombie F-Body
08-22-2007, 08:00 AM
If Hasbro were to make multi-packs of the 25th troops, officers or future troop builders, I might indulge. However, 1 figure at a time gets expensive and that's taking money away from some unique, new figure. I'm a recovering army builder, anyway. At one point in time I had an entire battalion of ROTS clone troopers.

TerdVader
08-22-2007, 12:11 PM
2 officers
0 troopers

I'd like to get 4 troopers when they come single carded. I strongly prefer the 83 version though.

samluvsjoes
08-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I have one trooper and 3 or 4 officers. I can't remember if I just bought my third or fourth one. Unfortunately, I live in an area that seems to love the new Joes, and finding them has become a bit difficult (unless you want Snake-Eyes that is).
Sam

Wylde Weezle
08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Both loose, 1 trooper, 1 officer. Weird how they're both ranked as E-4 or equivalent.
I really wish they'd included something other than another CC and another Storm Shadow for the next 5 pack... neither of those 2 figures looked appealing.

quintonarledge
08-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Both loose, 1 trooper, 1 officer. Weird how they're both ranked as E-4 or equivalent.
I really wish they'd included something other than another CC and another Storm Shadow for the next 5 pack... neither of those 2 figures looked appealing.

Welcome to boards, W.W.! :D

Your post gives me an idea for a new thread that might be fun...

Redmao
08-23-2007, 08:22 AM
I have 2 troopers (1 mib and 1 loose), 1 officer and I have 4 troopers on the way. I think this little group will make a nice little entourage for the Commander.

zartan85
08-23-2007, 09:07 AM
1 trooper, 1 officer, and one kit bashed officer/trooper Viper Glider pilot........ditto for me.....when the single card troopers come out I'm getting three more troopers....If they have the red sigil fine...If not I've got a few more viper pilots!....I'm going to hook up with one trooper pack and designate the comic pack trooper as Scarface and the Stinger driver is the only one I wish I could Army Build.

CobraGang
08-23-2007, 09:18 AM
1 loose officer, 1 MOC officer
1 loose trooper, 1 MIB trooper

It was a pain to get the 2 officers. I was hitting stores and burning gas almost every day.

Net-Viper X
08-23-2007, 06:14 PM
1 trooper, 1 officer, and one kit bashed officer/trooper Viper Glider pilot.

Just wait a while for the next wave of single packs. That so called single card "cobra trooper" coming out in the next wave is nothing of the sort. Its actually a Viper pilot, looks exactly like the one from the 5 pack, but with a silver logo. Saddened me greatly when I realised this, since now the only way to army build "real" cobra troopers is to buy a load of 5 packs.

SLG
08-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Just wait a while for the next wave of single packs. That so called single card "cobra trooper" coming out in the next wave is nothing of the sort. Its actually a Viper pilot, looks exactly like the one from the 5 pack, but with a silver logo. Saddened me greatly when I realised this, since now the only way to army build "real" cobra troopers is to buy a load of 5 packs.

How do we know that we aren't geting a red logo trooper? The one they showed at the SDCC with the silver logo could just be a variant.

Derek2783
08-23-2007, 07:12 PM
I thought I read somewhere that was the version they were planning on releasing.

Derek2783
08-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Woopie! Just got two more in the mail, I'm up to 10 now!

BTW if any of you are thinking "my army looks silly with one trooper and a bunch of officers...", I'd be happy to trade you an officer for your single trooper. Unify both our armies!!!

Julianbaischir
08-29-2007, 12:25 PM
How do we know that we aren't geting a red logo trooper? The one they showed at the SDCC with the silver logo could just be a variant.

Cool Toy Review has high-res pics (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/New_Hasbro_GI_JOE_HiRez_Gallery_108438.asp) of the new 5-pack and the singles for Waves 2 and 3. The trooper does indeed have a silver sigil. Who would have thought we'd see the day when Viper Pilots would be more common than the rank-and-file troopers? :)

sithviper
08-30-2007, 05:43 PM
I now have 1 trooper, and still no officers.

I have 1 of each now :)

Reptilian Popinjay
09-14-2007, 02:25 AM
I'm at 7 loose Officers and 1 packaged, and 1 packaged trooper.

Why Hasbro hasn't already come out with the obligatory COBRA ARMY 5-pack with an officer and 4 troopers I just don't know.

Derek2783
09-14-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm at 7 loose Officers and 1 packaged, and 1 packaged trooper.

Why Hasbro hasn't already come out with the obligatory COBRA ARMY 5-pack with an officer and 4 troopers I just don't know.

Because then they'd sell fewer of the regular 5 packs. I'm fairly certain we won't see a red emblem Trooper again until the first Cobra 5-packs are very long gone, and even then I'll bet it's packed with someone/something else to drive up profitability.

Derek2783
09-18-2007, 04:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/derek2783/IMG_4425.jpg ;)