Here comes the movie Now lets get figures! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Here comes the movie Now lets get figures!

Jay West
08-24-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11691

With the announcement of the movie being green lit, it is safe to assume that when it appears there will be a window of time when the aisles are ruled by all things Joe. I hope this means a new movie line of 3 3/4 figures. I am sure we will get other sizes, but surely Hasbro has seen with Sigma 6, Sgt Savage, Extreme etc. ..that it always comes back to the 3 3/4. So here is to hoping that in a few years the aisles get taken over by battalions of Joe stuff!!!

BTW I know the movie has been mentioned before, but this thread is to talk about your wishes and wants for 3 3/4 scale product that could come as a result of the movie.

Pit Viper
08-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah even if the movies sucks I'm hoping it has some good figures.

Eric Leavitt
08-24-2007, 02:28 PM
What worries me, and I posted it before, is that the movie line will squash the 25th anniversary style line of figure just before it really got going. Hasbro will probably stop this line in favor of the movie line. While the movie may reinvigorate G.I.Joe in the public's mind, it will be a G.I.Joe that we barely recognize.

cobraferret
08-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Well we have at least 2 years worth of 25th anniversary figures coming I hope.(Even though the 25th moniker wouldn't make much sense if it is the 26th,27th anniversary)It is about time they make this movie.I will reserve judgment until I see it.Because a lot of hardcore Transformers fans said the same thing about Michael Bay being the worst for making the movie and that movie was one of the best I have ever seen.So we will see.

TheReverend
08-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Well we have at least 2 years worth of 25th anniversary figures coming I hope.(Even though the 25th moniker wouldn't make much sense if it is the 26th,27th anniversary)It is about time they make this movie.I will reserve judgment until I see it.Because a lot of hardcore Transformers fans said the same thing about Michael Bay being the worst for making the movie and that movie was one of the best I have ever seen.So we will see.
I know a lot of TF fans who still think Michael Bay was the worst choice to direct that movie :p

But I did enjoy it myself, a lot - it was much better then I though it would be

On the topic of the movie figs - it sounds like the Joe team is going to be international in the film (link (http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=11686)), so I hope they create a bunch of new international Joes - and make figs.

I'm all for new characters, any time.

karbunkle
08-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah, any new characters debuting in a movie would be the most interesting thing to see. Also, how well they're able to sculpt the individual actors face on a 3 3/4 figure.

Hopefully they'll do a seperate 8 inch line with the actors facial features and just go for a standard look when they integrate them into 3 3/4.

Lody
08-24-2007, 03:41 PM
"Although “G.I. Joe” has enjoyed lasting success in many mediums, it is likely the enormous silver screen popularity of another 1980s toy franchise, the Transformers (http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=11691#), expedited the green-lighting of this film."

This is PRECISELY what I have told everyone O talked to about Transformers. The re-emergence of other 80's toys lines as movies and new action figure lines is not far behind. Why wouldn't Hasbro start to come back out with some of it's other popular 80's lines with hopes of re-producing TF movie like success. It spells goods times ahead for us 80's toy geeks-imagine-alive action Inhumanoids or MASK movie

~drool drool drool~:eek:

Taichiro
08-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I think the "International" Joes will likely take on familiar names.

as much as you all would hate to see that, take a look at those character's Canadian, or British filecards.

so, to say "They were always American!" is kinda....not right.

StephenMUK
08-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I think the "International" Joes will likely take on familiar names.

Which would be a great for overseas sales and much more realistic considering what is happening in the real world, lets hope that these 'friendly fire' incidents can be resolved too.

goodguyswearblack9
08-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm wondering if movie figures will be 6 inches to match the current superhero size figures kids are used to, and they will ignore the 3 3/4 line for awhile until it dies off.

Dreadnok4life
08-24-2007, 05:41 PM
What worries me, and I posted it before, is that the movie line will squash the 25th anniversary style line of figure just before it really got going. Hasbro will probably stop this line in favor of the movie line. While the movie may reinvigorate G.I.Joe in the public's mind, it will be a G.I.Joe that we barely recognize.

I totally agree with you. You can say goodbye to the Joe we know, and say hello to Belgium Duke and French Gung Ho. Yuch. And I was enjoying the 25th anniversary figures. Ah well, I guess it will be time to give up in 2009.

gnawgahyde
08-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Did anyone else notice that on ENI Cobra is said to be run by a double-crossing Scottish weapon producer? Where is Cobra commander? Will we see cobra run by Destro?

TheReverend
08-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Did anyone else notice that on ENI Cobra is said to be run by a double-crossing Scottish weapon producer? Where is Cobra commander? Will we see cobra run by Destro?
Yeah I did. I post a bit about that in the movie news thread http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?p=289803#post289803

I don't like the whole "double-crossing Scottish weapon producer" thing - Destro is 'sposed to be a sort of honable"bad guy" type person, not a "double-crosser" - in my mind at least...:mad: I also wounder where CC is...

Taichiro
08-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I totally agree with you. You can say goodbye to the Joe we know, and say hello to Belgium Duke and French Gung Ho. Yuch. And I was enjoying the 25th anniversary figures. Ah well, I guess it will be time to give up in 2009.

I don't think Duke or Gung Ho have anything to worry about.

but a Belgian Dial Tone wouldn't be a bad thing.

Loose Cannon
08-24-2007, 08:28 PM
How about a samuel L Jackson Stalker? and he can reprise his role from Pulp Fiction. A couple of those dudes from 300. Maybe the Rock

CobraBlue
08-24-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm nervous about a GiJoe movie. I thought the Transformers Classics line was brilliant because it made great new versions of the old figures. Alternators were ok but wasn't really doing anything in terms of old characters. The rest of the new lines were disappointing in my opinion.

So, anyways, tangent there, I get a new sweet Megatron and Optimus Prime last fall, Starscream etc. then BOOM! Transformers the movie hits and the classics are basically discontinued. Albeit Wal-Mart has re-released a lot of classics product right, but that's only because their behind in producing more product from the movies.

My point though is I think the 25th anniversary 3 3/4" line is really great but could be put on the back-burner or eliminated with oodles of GiJoe: The Live-Action movie product. While I hear good things about the Transformers movie, does anyobody honestly think the designs of the robots are any good? I think they're utterly horrible. I mean, I could imagine them creating a Snake-Eyes with costume with flames everywhere.....I bet Hasbro would dump the 25 anniv line in favor of the movie. I've never really liked movie toys.

Taichiro
08-25-2007, 04:25 AM
I like ALL of the Movie TF Designs.

Lody
08-25-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm nervous about a GiJoe movie. I thought the Transformers Classics line was brilliant because it made great new versions of the old figures. Alternators were ok but wasn't really doing anything in terms of old characters. The rest of the new lines were disappointing in my opinion.

So, anyways, tangent there, I get a new sweet Megatron and Optimus Prime last fall, Starscream etc. then BOOM! Transformers the movie hits and the classics are basically discontinued. Albeit Wal-Mart has re-released a lot of classics product right, but that's only because their behind in producing more product from the movies.

My point though is I think the 25th anniversary 3 3/4" line is really great but could be put on the back-burner or eliminated with oodles of GiJoe: The Live-Action movie product. While I hear good things about the Transformers movie, does anyobody honestly think the designs of the robots are any good? I think they're utterly horrible. I mean, I could imagine them creating a Snake-Eyes with costume with flames everywhere.....I bet Hasbro would dump the 25 anniv line in favor of the movie. I've never really liked movie toys.

I picked up all of the TF Classics to put away until my son is older. They are very cool and got me interested in TF again. The movie figures were kina eh. Didn't pick any of them up. I know I read somewhere that the Classics line was a fill in until the movie premiered but that they will return later in the year/early next year b/c they were so popular

Mr. Muskrat
08-25-2007, 09:01 AM
im gonna just wait and see i diddnt very much care for the 25th figs at first till i had them in my hands

TheReverend
08-25-2007, 12:06 PM
I liked the TF movie quite a bit, for the sort of movie that it is. But for the most part I though the robot designs were pretty horrible for the most part. Optimus Prime & Meatron were especially bad IMO... But to each their own - it was still a very fun popcorn Sci-Fi action flick…it's worth watching.

Assuming at that time the Joe movie hits they are still making the 25th anniversary style figs (which I hope they will be): I really hope Hasbro keeps making classic 25th ann style favorites (based on the old RAH figures, comics, and cartoon series), ALONG with movie figures (hope they'll be in the 25th ann style, too)

Shogi
08-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm sure if they make movie toys, they'll be in the 25th ann style. That seems to be Hasbro's new standard for Joes. Also, if the 25th ann line is still selling in 2 years like it is now, no rational businessman would just dump it.

Also, who knows, maybe the movie toys will look just like the 25th ann Joes we have now only with different faces. Anything's possible now that the movie is being totally re-written

mjgriffi
08-25-2007, 04:52 PM
The movie is good news overall..........anything that could potentially keep the 3.75" line going is good in my opinion. Hopefully the movie will be at least as good as the TF movie.

The international spin on things is a good move considering how the world currently percieves the US. I agree that this move will certainly be good for overseas sales.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with - will they take from the international versions of GI Joe?

I am sure that the movie toys will be made for us collector and for kids just like the TF toys. They could have both 3.75" and 8" versions to fit with the existing Joe lines.

So, when do you think the long lists of who we would like to see acting in the movie will start?

We shall just have to wait and see............

cobraferret
08-25-2007, 05:50 PM
The movie is good news overall..........anything that could potentially keep the 3.75" line going is good in my opinion. Hopefully the movie will be at least as good as the TF movie.

Preach it brother I agree totally.

samluvsjoes
08-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I think that making Joe an international team based out of Brussels is really lame. Without getting into politics, I think that the GI Joe we know and love would make a great movie because it would showcase all that is good with our country, like loyalty, courage, and the refusal to back down when faced with tyrants. An international team, IMHO, is just a way to sell more tickets around the world. Not that I have a problem with some international members on the team, since one of my favorite characters is Big Ben, but I just see nothing wrong with making a GI Joe movie based on ARAH. But I digress.
As far as figures, if they're 3.75" figures I am all for them. If they're anything else, I'm against them, not as figures but as GI Joe figures.
Sam

Jay West
08-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Of course Hasbro does make 3 3/4 inch figures of a recent movie franchise and that seemed to go over ok for the kids. Something called Star Wars. So I am optimistic that 3 3/4 Joes will live on through the movie.

Taichiro
08-26-2007, 12:12 AM
I think that making Joe an international team based out of Brussels is really lame. Without getting into politics, I think that the GI Joe we know and love would make a great movie because it would showcase all that is good with our country, like loyalty, courage, and the refusal to back down when faced with tyrants. An international team, IMHO, is just a way to sell more tickets around the world. Not that I have a problem with some international members on the team, since one of my favorite characters is Big Ben, but I just see nothing wrong with making a GI Joe movie based on ARAH. But I digress.
As far as figures, if they're 3.75" figures I am all for them. If they're anything else, I'm against them, not as figures but as GI Joe figures.
Sam

Since the Joe vs. Cobra theme has NEVER been a "US Only" Property, I don't see the reason the film needs to be.

an International Team makes PERFECT sense, since in Canada, and England, the same characters had different birthplaces.

It makes sense, to me, that they respect that. And I'm glad they plan to.

Zombie F-Body
08-26-2007, 01:42 AM
I have a feeling if the 25th style figures are still going the new movie figures will be incorporated. There might be a year of nothing but movie characters in the 25th style, but I'm sure the homage style figures would return when the movie and DVD runs their course. MOTU (vintage) comes to mind as movie figures were integrated into the regular line. I believe the original TMNT did the same thing.

StephenMUK
08-26-2007, 08:19 AM
I think that the GI Joe we know and love would make a great movie because it would showcase all that is good with our country, like loyalty, courage, and the refusal to back down when faced with tyrants.

But those qualities are shared by many people throughout the world, not just in the United States. By making it an International team I feel it would better reflect the world in the 21st Century. And I think that the team would be mainly comprised of Americans with a few guys from around the world added to the mix, so I don't see wholesale changes to what you already have seen.

talclipse
08-26-2007, 09:56 AM
im very happy the joes are getting some of that long lost love back.but i cant help but to think this is going to end badly.

Back in the day Street Fighter was da bomb,JCVD was a big name but that movie SUCKED!!!
MK was hot and while i liked the 1st movie it didn't do all that well,and the 2nd movie has to be one of the worsted ever made...

the thing with the TF movie is they could be CG'ed,but live auction Cobra Commander and destro is either going to look very silly if they try to stay with the cartoon theme,or look strange to us fans if they try to make them more "REAL" looking..

or how dumb will snake eyes look just standing there with no lines?

I Wish they would make a game 1st then work from there...

OMAN a GRAW2 but with joes vs cobra with a really good story line.OMG i would never put that game down...

karamazov80
08-26-2007, 12:04 PM
im very happy the joes are getting some of that long lost love back.but i cant help but to think this is going to end badly.

Back in the day Street Fighter was da bomb,JCVD was a big name but that movie SUCKED!!!
MK was hot and while i liked the 1st movie it didn't do all that well,and the 2nd movie has to be one of the worsted ever made...

I think that you are tapping into one of the semi-intangibles that could be very bad for the Joe movie. It seems like, every few years or so, movies based on geek-based properties like cartoons, video games, comics, etc. start fresh, and then tend to get progressively worse as the sequels and similarly made films start to pile up.

Initially, these types of movies might be interesting, novel, maybe even good, but once you make the 3rd or 4th film by the same producers (or type of producers), similar type of director, similar type of script, similar types of actors, etc., it starts to go downhill. Examples: the franchises for Superman, Ninja Turtles, Batman (Tim Burton version), X-Men, Spiderman, and Mortal Kombat. Properties that were not necessarily part of those franchises that suffered similarly by following in their footsteps were Supergirl, Fantastic Four 1 and 2, Daredevil/Elektra, Punisher, and Superman Returns (in my opinion).

The Transformers film did OK at the movies, so now they are trying to have a similar impact with another popular 80s toy, with the same producer, another garbage director, another "modern/realistic" script, likely similar types of actors, etc. I think that the Transformers film was flawed, and it is likely that the Joe movie will be even more problematic. Then as Thundercats, He-Man, Voltron, etc. get new movie treatments, they will be like Elektra to Transformers' Spiderman I. Color me pessimistic, but I would almost prefer not to see such a perversion of GI Joe on the big screen.

KolobosRexx
08-27-2007, 12:14 PM
...There's a good chance that Variety's info is old, since it was said elsewhere recently that they had just started a "script re-write from page one" & that the producer very recently said he was "looking to the 80's comic for inspiration". Personally, while a handful of non-U.S. characters would be fine (Big Ben, Sparks, ect.) unless they go for the "international collective" as seen in the later "Action Force" books, it's not going to make a lot of sense. Honestly, the most sensible thing would be to follow the 80's book closely. It has all the character, drama & plot intracies you'd need for a good film! Especially in the department of Cobra's origins... A global terrorist front started as a pro-American anti-government/establishment millita would make a lot of sense... And probably appeal on an international level to those who prefer to villify America as a people & a nation based on the policies & actions of a handful of people in charge...

Taichiro
08-27-2007, 12:53 PM
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q292/alvatron/DSC02274.jpg

I'm over the Amero-Centric nonsense, there's PROOF That GI Joe is international, and should REMAIN that way.

karamazov80
08-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Honestly, the most sensible thing would be to follow the 80's book closely. It has all the character, drama & plot intracies you'd need for a good film!
I have to agree with you on that one. Larry Hama was a great writer during the early stages of the Joe comics, and storyline after storyline was a great mix of action and depth of story that, I think, are both necessary components of the most successful action movies. You mess up that mixture too much, and you lose a lot of people. Also, the specific storylines about Snake Eyes' relationship with Storm Shadow, the saga of Kwinn the Eskimo, Dr. Venom and Scar, the deception between the various members of Cobra, its all very compelling stuff.

Reptilian Popinjay
08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Well, I feel vindicated. I said if Transformers was successful, there'd be no way we'd not get a Joe movie.

That being said, one can only wonder how it will turn out.

I don't have problems with GIJOE being the American branch of a larger multi-national anti-terrorist group. I do hope they make the film militaristic rather than sci-fi/techno (meaning I'd rather see COBRA using blue uniformed soldiers and/or Vipers than armies of CGI BATs).

I certainly hope the movie toys are 3 3/4" scale and not Sigma Six scale done in an exaggerated anime style.

dockingbay97
08-27-2007, 02:46 PM
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q292/alvatron/DSC02274.jpg

I'm over the Amero-Centric nonsense, there's PROOF That GI Joe is international, and should REMAIN that way.

A lively debate is perfectly fine but remember to play nice here.

Shipwreck"n"polly
08-27-2007, 03:48 PM
We Don't Need Any "movie Exclusive Toys" All Hasbro Should Do Is Incorporate Any Movie Ideas Into The Already Existing 2008 Arah Line That Will Of Course Be In The 25th Anniversary Style. I.e. Like A Yearly Theme Such As "spy Troops" Or Valor Vs. Venom. There Is No Need For An Entirely Seperate Line That Chokes Of The Great Start We Have Already Gotten With The New Figures. I Mean Really How Much Could They Screw Up The Look Of Snake Eyes And Duke That We Would Need A Totally Different Figure To Depict Them. And If They Do Think They Can Change The Characters That Much And Sell The Movie They Might As Well Save There Money. Everyone Who Knows What Gi Joe Is, Or Would Go See A Movie About It, Either Wants To See The Great Characters They Grew Up With Or Something From Before The Arah Era. What Toy Company's Don't Understand Is By Over Modernizing And Sleekifying Traditional Toy Lines It Majorly Detracts From What Made Them Great In The First Place, Which Wasn't Necessarily How They Looked But The Characters They Were. Take Note Hasbro From Transformers And Ninja Turtles, They May Have A Short Burst Of Success But Great Character Interpretations Are What Will Make A Toy Line Live On. Why Is Gi Joe Still So Popular Today? Because Larry Hama Made Us Love The Imaginary People The Toys Depicted, Not Necessarily Because They Were All "so Cool Toys" So I Say "no" To A Line Of Toys Simply To Promote A Movie, The Movie Should Reflect The Characters That Are Already Out There Which Are Being Depicted Greatly And Traditionally With The New Sculpts Without Destroying The Integrity Of The Characters. P.s. Who Would Really Want To See The Liberty Taken With Destro Or Cobra Commander's Character And Look That Was Taken With Megatron Or Bumblebee, The Movie May Have Been Good But That Really Wasn't Megatron Or Bumblebee

Tenric
08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Did you have to capitalize the first letter of every word? It's nearly impossible to read that monster paragraph.

Shipwreck"n"polly
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Sorry about that realized the caps lock was on

Jay West
08-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Would any of you boycott a figure if the movie changed his or her origin a great deal? I wouldn't if the figure was cool looking, but what about you guys?

cobraferret
08-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Would any of you boycott a figure if the movie changed his or her origin a great deal? I wouldn't if the figure was cool looking, but what about you guys?
Do you mean like Storm Shadow changing from being from the arashikage clan?
It depends on how much.If they want to sell the movie they better realize this is for the fans first and not the kids.

Jay West
08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Do you mean like Storm Shadow changing from being from the arashikage clan?
It depends on how much.If they want to sell the movie they better realize this is for the fans first and not the kids.

Sure. Or Scarlett is French. Or Destro started Cobra. Or Snake Eyes is a Bristish Secret Agent. I was referring to origin or backstory.

TheReverend
08-29-2007, 02:20 PM

If the figures are cool looking I'll still buy them, I can always make up my own back stories for the figs.

But if they change too much stuff I'm very well likely to boycot the movie and not see it, ever ;) hope they keep things like that in mind before they start screwing everything up, cause I bet I'm not the only one that will freak out...if they change too much stuff...

Jay West
08-29-2007, 02:35 PM
If the figures are cool looking I'll still buy them, I can always make up my own back stories for the figs.

But if they change too much stuff I'm very well likely to boycot the movie and not see it, ever ;) hope they keep things like that in mind before they start screwing everything up, cause I bet I'm not the only one that will freak out...if they change too much stuff...

True, no matter how bad things could become as long as there are decent 3 3/4 figures I'll get the figures. I'll use my own backstories or get good custom fodder. :)

Shipwreck"n"polly
08-29-2007, 02:59 PM
i will not buy figures based around movie versions of the arah characters that totally change and destroy the integrity of the character, i have zero interest in that whatsoever and i dare say there are a whole lot of people who agree. even though transformers was a stretch it did not totally destroy the integrity of the origin of the characters. i will not see a movie or buy figures that support a french duke or that destro founded cobra why is it so difficult to just build on whats already there stop screwing with whats been a successful sell. keep the origins of the characters intact and build and embelish on them. i.e. the way the snake eyes declassified comic series was done. it told a new story without destroying the integrity of the history of the snake eyes character

samluvsjoes
08-29-2007, 03:24 PM

Not really. I tend not to follow anyone else's continuity but my own. For instance, Doc is still in my Joeverse, as are pretty much all of the characters who've been killed off, Storm-Shadow has never defected to GI Joe, etc. It would probably make me dislike the movie but I would still find a use for the figure if it is a nice figure, though maybe not as the character it is supposed to represent.
Sam

cobraferret
08-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Sure. Or Scarlett is French. Or Destro started Cobra. Or Snake Eyes is a Bristish Secret Agent. I was referring to origin or backstory.
I would not like this at all.I just want them to stick to the original origins of the characters.The whole point of the movie needs to stay on track with what is already concrete.This movie is for the fans don't try to fix what isn't broken in my opinion.

Tenric
08-29-2007, 04:26 PM

Studios generally don't care what fans really want, because they attempt to make movies based on what they think a majority of people would want to see with 10 bucks to spend on a movie. That's why we see the same garbage in theaters every year. So in essence its not for fans at all, but rather for making money.

gaelinic
08-30-2007, 02:11 AM
We Don't Need Any "movie Exclusive Toys" All Hasbro Should Do Is Incorporate Any Movie Ideas Into The Already Existing 2008 Arah Line That Will Of Course Be In The 25th Anniversary Style. I.e. Like A Yearly Theme Such As "spy Troops" Or Valor Vs. Venom. There Is No Need For An Entirely Seperate Line That Chokes Of The Great Start We Have Already Gotten With The New Figures. I Mean Really How Much Could They Screw Up The Look Of Snake Eyes And Duke That We Would Need A Totally Different Figure To Depict Them. And If They Do Think They Can Change The Characters That Much And Sell The Movie They Might As Well Save There Money. Everyone Who Knows What Gi Joe Is, Or Would Go See A Movie About It, Either Wants To See The Great Characters They Grew Up With Or Something From Before The Arah Era. What Toy Company's Don't Understand Is By Over Modernizing And Sleekifying Traditional Toy Lines It Majorly Detracts From What Made Them Great In The First Place, Which Wasn't Necessarily How They Looked But The Characters They Were. Take Note Hasbro From Transformers And Ninja Turtles, They May Have A Short Burst Of Success But Great Character Interpretations Are What Will Make A Toy Line Live On. Why Is Gi Joe Still So Popular Today? Because Larry Hama Made Us Love The Imaginary People The Toys Depicted, Not Necessarily Because They Were All "so Cool Toys" So I Say "no" To A Line Of Toys Simply To Promote A Movie, The Movie Should Reflect The Characters That Are Already Out There Which Are Being Depicted Greatly And Traditionally With The New Sculpts Without Destroying The Integrity Of The Characters. P.s. Who Would Really Want To See The Liberty Taken With Destro Or Cobra Commander's Character And Look That Was Taken With Megatron Or Bumblebee, The Movie May Have Been Good But That Really Wasn't Megatron Or Bumblebee

Uh. . . wow. That is some dream. Hasbro would lose money if they did not create every figure they possibly could to match the people and styles depicted in the film. None of the kids or even adults coming to the store want a figure they never saw on screen. They want those joes shown in the movie. And, I'm sure it will be in the same style as the new 25th Anniversary figures. Hasbro already said that this was their new mold for all GI Joe figures moving forward.