Funskool Red/Yellow Beach Head [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Funskool Red/Yellow Beach Head

Volleydan
09-06-2007, 03:12 PM
At home, as one of the prize pieces of my collection, I have a Red & Yellow Funskool Beach Head MOC. It's nice, too...sharp card with only the typical funskool waving to it and a clear, undinged bubble. Overall, I would say this figure is an easy C-9.

I always said I would never sell it, but with the recent furor over the older and rare Funskool stuff (heck, all international Joes for that matter) I am starting to wonder what the market would be for this guy.

I've had one offer on it, and I think it's about right - but I don't want to taint the conversation by disclosing it.

I know I've never seen another one since I bought this one five years ago, and it's hard to believe that there are too many more in this condition out there. I've seen two or three yellow Bludds in that time. If this piece in that same stratosphere as far as price goes? Higher? Lower?

dfunk7
09-06-2007, 04:10 PM
if anyone knows drew would know id ask him if i were you

Volleydan
09-08-2007, 10:29 AM
I've been in contact with Drew about this figure in the past. I know what he thinks it's worth....at least what he thought two years ago. I was hoping that, if nothing else, he would see this and give me his 2 cents.

Bigtattoo
09-08-2007, 01:46 PM
At home, as one of the prize pieces of my collection, I have a Red & Yellow Funskool Beach Head MOC. It's nice, too...sharp card with only the typical funskool waving to it and a clear, undinged bubble. Overall, I would say this figure is an easy C-9.

I always said I would never sell it, but with the recent furor over the older and rare Funskool stuff (heck, all international Joes for that matter) I am starting to wonder what the market would be for this guy.

I've had one offer on it, and I think it's about right - but I don't want to taint the conversation by disclosing it.

I know I've never seen another one since I bought this one five years ago, and it's hard to believe that there are too many more in this condition out there. I've seen two or three yellow Bludds in that time. If this piece in that same stratosphere as far as price goes? Higher? Lower?

I cant meaningfully contribute, but I think I know why youre asking this:

Youre hoping for 16 large, so you can bag yourself an AFA PDD, arent you?;)

Seriously, Id like to see some photos of this, if thats okay.
I understand you may not want to do so publicly, so could you Pm them?
Thanks Chris

dfunk7
09-08-2007, 04:12 PM
imo i dont think its worth anywhere near as much as a moc blue and yellow bludd, but i could be wrong, it may be as rare, but i just dont feel any buzz around this figure, so i doubt the demand would drive it to a high price

but im sure its still worth a decent penny, my best guess would be double book value or so, probably around $300-$400 range

airedevon
09-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Bigtattoo, here's a picture of the one I have:

http://i23.servimg.com/u/f23/11/22/52/69/wbfuns10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=78&u=11225269)

Dfunk7, I paid about that for it, but I have been offered considerably more...

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!
Take care,
Aire

Bigtattoo
09-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Many thanks Aire...

Ive long wondered what that looked like.

dfunk7
09-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Many thanks Aire...

Ive long wondered what that looked like.

its on yo joe as well

Volleydan
09-11-2007, 09:04 AM
I just dont feel any buzz around this figure

With all due respect, I think that's because the Bludd figure is among your top grails right now and this one isn't.

There would be plenty of interest in the figure if it were offered for sale. Like Aire, I've been offered much more (several times actually) than $400 for this figure - by more than one person.

All this to say, buzz is where you find it ;) .

dfunk7
09-14-2007, 07:07 PM
With all due respect, I think that's because the Bludd figure is among your top grails right now and this one isn't.

There would be plenty of interest in the figure if it were offered for sale. Like Aire, I've been offered much more (several times actually) than $400 for this figure - by more than one person.

All this to say, buzz is where you find it ;) .

ok but i still dont you would be able to get anywhere near the range of a moc blue and yellow bludd, last one sold for around $2500 that we all know of, im simply saying that because you can go to 10 or even 20 wanted list and find a blue and yellow bludd on there and this one i doubt will be

not too take anything way from the figure, its a great figure i just dont see it having the demand of bludd is all