Hasbro spies and 25th ideas... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Hasbro spies and 25th ideas...

Katzenbogen
09-12-2007, 08:55 AM
So if there are any hasbro spies lurking out there in the boards, there are a few threads where people have expressed their opinions about who they want released in the 25th ann. line. It would seem unlikely to me however that they would look at any one person's list and make a decision based on that. Even if ten people all say they want the same obscure figure, it's still only ten people.

So I was thinking, would it be possible for anyone to set up polls for each year/series (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985..etc) where EVERYONE who posts here could give their opinions on what figures should be released so the results are clear and obvious to anyone who sees the results? I think if we could vote on our top three figures from each series it would be most effective because, say for instance Hasbro considers what figures to make from 1987, it's a given that Falcon and Tunnel Rat would be made. If we only had one choice per series to vote on, these two guys would get the majority of the votes anyway. With a third choice, it gives everyone a wider range to communicate what they would like to see. Once the polls were heavily voted on and favorites were clear, it might be more likely that we could see an impact on future releases. We'd leave out the names of already produced figures, obviously...

I don't know, I think it's a good idea, but I just don't know how to create a poll with multiple choices, or how to make it an official poll or whatever, or have any connections to get Hasbro to pay attention (I only say that because after the Q&A with Hasbro, I'm guessing that someone who runs the site has a connection with Hasbro). I'm guessing that well over half of all the 25th figures they sell are going to be purchased by collectors like us, and I think our opinions should be made clear. I'm just afraid they're going to be making figures for Zarana over say Wet suit or leatherneck. Or Jinx, marine blues gung-ho, law&order over a great figure like Outback (or worse...big brawler over outback!:eek: ), or say one of the lesser loved of the viper corps over someone like Night Viper, a figure a lot of fans seem to adore. Basically my thinking is that a figure they would have never otherwise considered for production would end up getting a surprisingly high percentage of votes and they might take notice of something like that.

So what do you guys say? Anyone high up want to take up this task?

Canadian51
09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I'd take the time to vote on GI Joe throughout the years.

I would make a single request that you also include a poll on the unproduced figures. The list of characters that floats around here that people always ask for and never get "(*cough*) PYTHONA!"

Skystriker
09-12-2007, 04:59 PM
make sure you add in some international figures. I'd love to get an tiger force outback!

Still can understand why they never release international figures in ARAH paint schemes here as a 6 pack. I would have bought a brazilian 6 pack or a Uk 6 pack........

Erick
09-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Still can understand why they never release international figures in ARAH paint schemes here as a 6 pack. I would have bought a brazilian 6 pack or a Uk 6 pack........

And then (ironically) they try to 'internationalize' the roots of GI Joe for the upcoming movie :rolleyes:

Shipwreck"n"polly
09-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Heres A Poll For Ya-------make Pythona Everyone Wants It So Hey Hasbro A Pythona For Me Please, One For Play And One For Display

Skystriker
09-12-2007, 08:34 PM
And then (ironically) they try to 'internationalize' the roots of GI Joe for the upcoming movie :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll get them when the movie rolls out in 2009.

Shipwreck"n"polly
09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Wont Be Getting Anything That Makes Gi Joe Something Other Than "real American Hero"s. Gi Joe Is Not A Vague International Task Force, Take Heart Hasbro, With This Movie Theme Your Making A "biggg" Mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katzenbogen
09-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Nice to see everyone stayed on topic. I guess this isn't a very popular idea.

Facemeat
09-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I think this a good idea.
Even though most people don't like him (or any of cobra-la for that matter) I'd love to see a 25th Golobulus with his pod and a jointed tail. Maybe as a deluxe set or something. But what I'd want most would be a G.I. Joe: The Movie 5-pack with Big-Lob, Falcon, Pythona, Nemesis Enforcer, and Golobulus.

Joebern28
09-13-2007, 06:13 PM
I would be up for doing a poll, I think it would be a great way for the little guy(eventho they may be numerous)to be heard. and in the end if a figure comes out you put in your top three, you could feel you contributed to a great line.

Shipwreck"n"polly
09-13-2007, 06:18 PM
i think your original idea is valid, unfortunatly the best we can probably hope for would be a fan favorite figure. this has been accomplished before with the VvV Torch figure, i wish we could get hasbro interested in this idea, then with the poll created for the fan favorite figure they could see which figures we would really love to see made in the 25th style line. we have got to get a poll with a list of figures that doesn't include any of the many retreads of the main characters we keep getting. What we need really is two fan polls, one for obscure figures we would like redone like you mentioned before, like outback,shockwave,mainframe, etc. then we need a second poll for characters that have never been made into figures that are must haves, like pythona, billy, soft master, etc. i love your idea if we could get hasbro to bite. mabee even a fan favorite six pack. the torch they made was i think the best figure of the VvV line, and they did do a fan favorite comic pack with cover girl and spirit so hasbro has been open in the past. we need to get everyone who posts here to push the envelope to get this accomplished!!!!!!

Jay West
09-13-2007, 09:50 PM
I think it is a great idea. But I am in the same boat as you - poll illiterate, but by golly I will vote in them. Now where is my Pythona, Zandar v2, Billy, Cobra Mortal and Devils Due Jinx. Someone snap to it! :D

Katzenbogen
09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Okay, well let's try to get something done... Maybe the best way to do this is to email Hasbro, asking them to allow fans to voice their opinion. Anyone have an email address I could use or maybe someone that posts here has a connection? Or maybe I'll try to set up polls here at the site myself, and we'll contact Hasbro somehow and get them to see it...I doubt we'll get three choices per series though :(

I suppose that's what I'll have to do...

As for figures like Pythona.... I'm not for or against them making a figure for her, but I think the chances of seeing a 25th ann. mold of her is 0%. The 25th ann. line is to commemorate the figures released from 1982-2007, honoring popular figures and molds... If there was no Pythona made previously, I doubt we'll see a new one made to commemorate a figure that never existed...but who knows? I can foresee a convention exclusive set for cobra-la.....large number of royal guards...

Anyway, yeah I think I'll make polls for obscure or unproduced figures, but I'm going to leave off names like Falcon and Tunnel Rat, assuming they'll get made anyway. They seem the 100% locked in favorites for the majority of us for 1987, so we're not worried about it. Who are some other 100% locked in favorites for other years? Shockwave 1988?

Give me some feedback, and I'll get on this.

Katzenbogen
09-14-2007, 08:43 AM
On second thought, I wont leave off names like falcon and tunnel rat...Who am I to make that call? It's gotta be even for every figure.

Jay West
09-14-2007, 08:57 AM
As for figures like Pythona.... I'm not for or against them making a figure for her, but I think the chances of seeing a 25th ann. mold of her is 0%. The 25th ann. line is to commemorate the figures released from 1982-2007, honoring popular figures and molds.

Actually, I believe Hasbro has said that nothing in the entire mythology of GI Joe is off limits. So I believe we will see some completly new characters and some cult favorites like Pythona or Billy get figures in this set at some point. Pythona had a custom figure at Comic Con and Billy was a choice in the poll for mail away figure so I think the possibility is there.

Katzenbogen
09-14-2007, 09:14 AM
my mistake. I apologize. currently working on lists for polls....

Katzenbogen
09-14-2007, 10:25 AM
I got it started....hopefully everyone votes! I was exhausted after the first handful, I'll get on it later tonight or tomorrow. Cast your votes! Voice your opinion to Hasbro!

Anyone have any good suggestions on the best way to make polls for the Cobra figures?

Abomb
09-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Pretty good, although it does seem a bit spammy, what with so many threads. Not sure if there's anything to be done about that though.

Katzenbogen
09-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I know, it does seem like way too many threads, but they only let you have ten choices per poll question. So I had to split everything up the best way I could. I tried anyway. And I'm sure there are several other valid threads that could be made too, 1989 joes, 1990 joes, mail-in's, vehicle drivers, etc.

Now hopefully EVERYONE votes and hasbro takes notice. I'm not expecting it to make a huge difference, but maybe it'll help us get a few unexpected characters, and maybe make them reconsider other things. For some reason I just have a weird feeling they were going to consider Law & Order.

AlternateUniverse Steeler
09-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Read this carefully spies.

1. Stop the repaints of 1000 snake eyes and storm shadows!

2. No Neon colors like early 1990s, If targeted to kids thats bull. I worked at TRU in 1990s. Kids did not but NEON color figures. Direct quote i heard at work (not very PC so please don't ban me) said a kid one day "purple and yellow joes......thats Ghey" (please note that is a real quote not what i say)

3. Make cases bigger than 8 figures. If a store gets 1 case than all customers are boned till next case shows up weeks later if at all.

4. Where are small vehicles such as ram cycle? I know bigger ones aree an issue, but what the hellokitty. Make small ones.

5. no more snakeeyes till we get other people.

6. No more storm shadows

7. no more snake eyes vs storm shadow packs

8. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH No more cobra commander. and if you do more us different molds like armor one!

9. Give serpentor his cowl

10. i am insane so please please please if you do repaints wait a year or 2