The Faceless Master
09-12-2007, 10:52 AM
The passed coupla months, I have been noticing that the magnitude of
these earthquakes striking around the world have been over 7s on the
Richter Scale...
Just this AM Indonesia & 3 other neighboring countries felt an 8.2

I live in California, the SF Bay Area specifically, so of COURSE I am
somewhat alarmed by this, especially since everybody is always
saying that SF is due for THE BIG ONE...

Thats it, i just needed to have my worries heard

Patrick A. Riley
09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
The only earthquakes I've experienced in DE are the equivalent of a large truck driving by or low-flying helicopters or airplanes. They just rattle the windows and dishes

Snake-eyes01
09-12-2007, 09:50 PM
I live in Southern California near Lake Elsinore & we had 2 small ones this morning! I don't really mind them, I'd rather have an earthquake than a tornado any day!

ttfndude
09-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Well we are due since a big occurence usually happens in the plates every 300-400 years. We currently are sitting around 350, so yes we are due. Live in Kansas soif the major happens we will feel the effects since a major fault line runs near St. Louis, but Tornados hit more here. Either case just hope everyone comes through it because that occurence will be what decides what we americans are made of

ttfndude

dfunk7
09-12-2007, 11:25 PM
I live in Southern California near Lake Elsinore & we had 2 small ones this morning! I don't really mind them, I'd rather have an earthquake than a tornado any day!

im about 20 minutes from you and i felt them too, but they werent bad ones, we have had for in the last few weeks, so there has been alot more than normal, i cant remember the last time prior to those ive felt

CGC
09-13-2007, 08:25 AM
In Minnesota quakes are few & far between, but they do happen (http://www.mrs.umn.edu/earthquakes/MNeqchart.html). Tornadoes are much more common here, but in the past couple years there haven't been as many of them as most years.

The Real Destro
09-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Detroit had one.... I live by train tracks. So depending on the load, a window my slightly rattle or the vibration will be felt on the floor.

I was playing a PC game. House shook and window rattled. I didn't care, trains.. Found out it was a Earthquake and shruged it off.

We live on rock and dirt. If the Earth opens up and wants to swallow us, it will. I wouldn't be worried about it. It might not happen for another 100 years and then what? You been to worried about the ground shaking for nothing.

Alot of things can happen to you. Just don't worry about it till it happens.
It's going to happen no matter what, you can't stop nature with a slap on the hand and a "NO".. Just be prepared for it, incase.