Single card release of 5-pack figures [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Single card release of 5-pack figures

Katzenbogen
09-13-2007, 05:46 PM
I seem to remember reading in a thread, someone said Hasbro has stated that the figures from the 5-packs will indeed be released on single cards. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?

ghettoraider
09-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I remember reading that here to, can't remember what thread it was though.

I can say this though, Walmart's computer does have listed names such as Storm Shadow V1, Duke V1. Gung Ho V1, etc.

They literally have V1 in the item description to.

Super Sport
09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
I remember reading that here to, can't remember what thread it was though.

I can say this though, Walmart's computer does have listed names such as Storm Shadow V1, Duke V1. Gung Ho V1, etc.

They literally have V1 in the item description to.

Whats the system say in regards to the Cobra Trooper?

ghettoraider
09-13-2007, 07:23 PM
I know there is one in ther as Cobra Troop. I can't remember if there are two listings in there, I'll definetly check on that tomorrow.

Volleydan
09-13-2007, 09:08 PM
It looks like they plan to release them, but with slight variations from the 5 pack versions.

Look what we know so far - and what we think we know:

The first 5 pack figure to be released on a card was the cobra trooper - but he has a silver logo instead of a red one. Now there's word that the single pack snake eyes will be cast in black instead of the grey one that came with the five pack and that the single pack Storm Shadow V1 will have a paint scheme more similar to the vintage one.

It's a clever marketing plan - after all, now kids who didn't get the 5 packs will get cool characters in more affordable single packs and die hard collectors and completists will feel that they need to get them because they're different.

seaslug
09-13-2007, 10:45 PM
I think this will be the bonus wave hasbro keeps talking about

Katzenbogen
09-14-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm mostly interested in getting gung-ho and roadblock. Really, after finding my first figures from this line this week, I decided I really like them and mostly wont open them, but I wont buy the 5-packs. I like single cards. I like the card art (although the art on the 5-pack boxes is nice too). The cards are just more reminiscent of the originals, and they look nicer to me. I really want Gung-ho and roadblock...

Anyone know when this "bonus wave" is scheduled for?

Derek2783
09-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Volleydan, technically they haven't released the Cobra Trooper on single card yet. What they released was the Cobra Officer (different logo, officer emblem on helmet, different gear on chest... I'd compare it to Duke and Flint, same mold, but different characters).

Didn't Hasbro confirm that the Cobra Trooper would have the silver logo and wouldn't be changed?

stad
09-14-2007, 11:13 AM
It was said in the Hasbro Q&A, it came from Hasbro. I don't think these are coming until late this year, or more likely, early next year. I don't think the upcoming Viper Pilot (silver logo Trooper) or SE (black) are being considered the single card release of the 5 packs.

Derek2783
09-14-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't think the upcoming Viper Pilot (silver logo Trooper) or SE (black) are being considered the single card release of the 5 packs.

if trhat's true, great news!!!

fireflys_apprentice
09-15-2007, 08:19 AM
I think they should release all the figures on card,some of us cant afford or even find box sets,i know ill probly have to go to ebay to get the ones i want from the new cobra set coming out. Also does anyone know whats included in the next couple waves,or where to get info. the gijoe.com doesnt have anything on it.