View Full Version : I'm officially a post office "regular"

Patrick A. Riley
09-15-2007, 10:48 PM
I went to the post office this morning and as I was approaching the counter, the guy remembered me and said "Delivery Confirmation" since I always get DC for my packages :eek:

There's about 7 different people who regularly work behind the counter at that PO and I've dealt with all of them over the past few years. Not much turnover at my local PO. I'm sure they all recognize me on some level, probably because I'm one of the few customers who knows which service I want beforehand and I can also properly package my items. ;)
It's nice to be known :)

GBPackRat
09-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Same here, my father and I have been going to the same PO for years and a while back they caught on that we buy and sell on ebay, so they always ask how sales are doing and etc...

It it nice to be known...

Tanner

thunt4
09-15-2007, 11:05 PM
lol I actually get boxes for my post office guys. When I order them they come in faster for me than if he would order them for the post office.

Super Sport
09-15-2007, 11:37 PM
I bought a scale and now ship from my home. Before that, I was P.O.ed at the P.O. every other day. Now I only visit to ship off international orders.

BTW, our postmaster got rid of the "take a number" system. Before you could take a number and wander around the lobby, fill out forms and addresses or even pack up your stuff for shipment while you waited for a clerk. Now you gotta stand in line like your in a cafeteria.

That $20 Pintney Bowes scale really made my life easier.

jetski333
09-16-2007, 07:58 PM
I go to 2 post ofcs. Back when I used to sell on ebay I go to the 1 at work during my lunchtime where the clerks know me since there's only 2 of them.

I have a po box (have it for quite a few yrs now d/t frequent moves) where I get my stuff delivered. I usually go Sat mornings to pick up since it is in another city. They all know me because I would always need a cart, some groan jokingly whenever they open the little cubbydoor & see me but most of the older ladies are nice since they know the toys are for me & my nephews.

cobraferret
09-16-2007, 09:23 PM
That $20 Pintney Bowes scale really made my life easier.
Where did you pick one up at?I need one that goes up to 30lbs.
Thanks

Goldbug
09-17-2007, 01:38 AM
I went to the post office this morning and as I was approaching the counter, the guy remembered me and said "Delivery Confirmation" since I always get DC for my packages :eek:

There's about 7 different people who regularly work behind the counter at that PO and I've dealt with all of them over the past few years. Not much turnover at my local PO. I'm sure they all recognize me on some level, probably because I'm one of the few customers who knows which service I want beforehand and I can also properly package my items. ;)
It's nice to be known :)

I'm known by name at 3 post offices. :D

TheReverend
09-17-2007, 02:04 AM
I’m a regular at one of my local POs, the people there rock, I’ve even gone out and had a beer or two (or 10) with some of them in the past… It’s great to be a regular and be acknowledged.

Anyway, I’m buying a thermal printer, going to start printing my labels, and going to start getting pickups on my packages, I think; ‘cause I don’t like standing in line no matter how cool the peeps there are, but I’ll still drink with ‘em… if they are buying :p :D

dfunk7
09-17-2007, 11:15 PM
i dont go to the post office ever really, i pretty much ship ups exclusively and the come to my ship to pick items up,

but my mail lady knows me as the ebay guy, kinda funny

Super Sport
09-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks

Pitney had/has(?) a factory outlet store on Ebay, I can't remember the name (it wasn't PitneyBowes either). Mine only weighs up tp 5 pounds though.

cobraferret
09-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Pitney had/has(?) a factory outlet store on Ebay, I can't remember the name (it wasn't PitneyBowes either). Mine only weighs up tp 5 pounds though.
Thanks..............

Urban Saboteur
09-18-2007, 08:34 AM
I am, have been now for nearly 2 years. Originally started out as "once a week guy" then I was "Regular Guy" Now I'm known by my first name. ;)

The queue is probably the hardest part (if it's busy). Then again everyone has to wait their turn.. and boy do people wait when I step up to the counter!! :p
Rich

whitedalek
09-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks

An ebay shop called esupplystore carries scales that go up to 30-35 pounds. That's where I bought the one that I use a couple of years ago.

http://stores.ebay.com/ESUPPLYSTORE_Scales_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ14QQ ftidZ2QQtZkm

dockingbay97
09-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Those two digital scales that USPS sells in the post offices are pretty nice.

Considering the shipping with the above linked scales, it may be cheaper or the same price just to go pick one up at the post office rather than ordering one.

They look like this: http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductCategoryDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=11823&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=11820&top_category=11820

The bigger 10 lb model will be more than enough for the majority of packages one ships.

I have gotten pretty good with the manual hand lift way of weighing things. After you have mailed a gazillion packages, you just know what weight ranges everything falls into.

cobraferret
09-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Those two digital scales that USPS sells in the post offices are pretty nice.

Considering the shipping with the above linked scales, it may be cheaper or the same price just to go pick one up at the post office rather than ordering one.

They look like this: http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductCategoryDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=11823&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=11820&top_category=11820

The bigger 10 lb model will be more than enough for the majority of packages one ships.

I have gotten pretty good with the manual hand lift way of weighing things. After you have mailed a gazillion packages, you just know what weight ranges everything falls into.
Thanks to both of you for helping me out.
I can see your point on the $39 from usps,but for $4 more I can get that 35lb. scale shipped that whitedalek is talking about.
I don't know.
Maybe the usps scale is more accurate.