Is The First 25th Anniversary Vehicle Serpentor's Air Chariot? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Is The First 25th Anniversary Vehicle Serpentor's Air Chariot?

Shipwreck"n"polly
09-22-2007, 10:32 PM
It seems as though the comic con playing cards are a checklist for the 25th anniversary figures that hasbro will make this year. that being said one there are two versions of many of the figures including a serpentor with his air chariot and without. so will this be our first look at a 25th anniversary re-tooled vehicle? i hope so, although i love the serpentor mostly, the head sculpt could have been better.

Erick
09-22-2007, 10:51 PM
It could be, at least it's a good sign. Hasbro left the door open to the possibility of seeing vehicles for the anniv line.

Hasbro Q&A #1: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=46737

It would kind of strange to see the air chariot as their first pick, you would expect to see any '82-'84 vehicles before

RamaSha007
09-23-2007, 12:40 AM
But it's small and Iconic, not just small and not just iconic. So that may help it's case. Like I wouldn't say Zartan's Swamp Skier is iconic since he rarely used it. Serpentor was ALWAYS on that thing.

spiderpumpkin
09-23-2007, 08:30 AM
The air charriot is a good choice because the 25th anniversary figures will have trouble sitting down. Serpentor stands on the chariot.

Taichiro
09-24-2007, 08:25 AM
It would kind of strange to see the air chariot as their first pick, you would expect to see any '82-'84 vehicles before

no, YOU would expect to see that.

Thankfully, Hasbro doesn't see GI Joe as JUST 82-84.

Just because things had a certain order 20 years ago doesn't mean they have to follow that order 20 years later.

Erick
09-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Just because things had a certain order 20 years ago doesn't mean they have to follow that order 20 years later.

I hope so. BTW, anyone know where can I see a pics of those comic con playing cards?

CGC
09-24-2007, 10:34 AM
They are in the archive here (http://www.yojoe.com/archive/games/sdcc07cards/).

Erick
09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
They are in the archive here (http://www.yojoe.com/archive/games/sdcc07cards/).

Thank you very much :)

gunslingercbr
09-24-2007, 11:41 AM
It seems as though the comic con playing cards are a checklist for the 25th anniversary figures that hasbro will make this year. that being said one there are two versions of many of the figures including a serpentor with his air chariot and without. so will this be our first look at a 25th anniversary re-tooled vehicle? i hope so, although i love the serpentor mostly, the head sculpt could have been better.
It doesn't seem to be a checklist at all. if so, where is Flash and Snow Job, two figures that are all but confirmed. or the Cobra Jet Pack Trooper and Red Ninja. as far as the different versions of characters on the cards, that just serves to differentiate the same characters for different suits, but there has been no indication that it represents repaints. I think you are projecting far too much into the cards.

samluvsjoes
09-24-2007, 01:08 PM
It doesn't seem to be a checklist at all. if so, where is Flash and Snow Job, two figures that are all but confirmed. or the Cobra Jet Pack Trooper and Red Ninja. as far as the different versions of characters on the cards, that just serves to differentiate the same characters for different suits, but there has been no indication that it represents repaints. I think you are projecting far too much into the cards.

Snowjob is the 6 of clubs and the 6 of spades, the Red Ninja is the Ace of Spades.

I think the cards are a good indicator of what we will probably see in the initial waves, but I agree that we also shouldn't read too much into them.
Sam

gunslingercbr
09-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Snowjob is the 6 of clubs and the 6 of spades, the Red Ninja is the Ace of Spades.

I think the cards are a good indicator of what we will probably see in the initial waves, but I agree that we also shouldn't read too much into them.
Sam
you're right, I missed Snow Job, but that Red Ninja isn't the Red Ninja we are getting. we are getting a red v.1 SS, not v.2 which is what the card is, so it isn't indicative of a figure we are getting at all. my point isn't that we aren't getting these characters, just that it isn't a checklist, per se. if so, it would seem more likely to include the characters we already know we are getting, such as Flash or Doc, more than figures that we do not, like HISS Driver or Spirit, if the cards were created with some sort of connection to figure releases. on top of the fact that the "repaints" on the cards just seem arbitrary and meant to differentiate the art on the suits on the cards, not actual repaints.

Dakemesh
09-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, the original shadowed card-back artwork showed Serpentor had a cowl too, so maybe there will be a whole different Serpentor with Air Chariot. Though I like the idea of a Hiss Tank driver, as I'm all about an updated reissue of that.

Zombie F-Body
09-24-2007, 04:14 PM
If you look at the latest Star Wars stuff, Hasbro has gotten pretty good at cramming large accessories onto a single card. Now, I don't think a scaled down air chariot would work for a single carded Serpentor, but I'm sure if would work in the double-pack/comic-pack price range. Heck, give me classic Serpentor, a broken down re-do of his chariot and a comic and you got my ten bucks.

I kind of wonder if the BAF concept could work here, also? Have a wave that all contains pieces of his air chariot packed in a 5 figure wave. I'm sure they could break down the old one to fit as necessary, even, if need be.

karamazov80
09-25-2007, 08:59 AM
I kind of wonder if the BAF concept could work here, also? Have a wave that all contains pieces of his air chariot packed in a 5 figure wave. I'm sure they could break down the old one to fit as necessary, even, if need be.

I think that's a good idea, though if you have to get five component pieces from five different figures, I would either hope for a slightly larger vehicle than Serpentor's measly chariot (maybe a helicopter, small jeep, or tank), or a large figure (an exaggerated Golobulous and/or Nemesis Enforcer, perhaps?).

gijon
09-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm hopingfor a JUMP. I figure, we're getting Flash-there's Grand Slam's body, The comic pack Hawk supplies the helmet, and the Wave 2 Cobra Forces 5-pack Jet Pack Trooper has the Jet pack. All Hasbro has to do is a new GS head, and the JUMP base (hopefully the mold(s) are still around!!!

thunt4
09-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Are we in fact getting vehicles? You would think by wave two they would have had some by now. I think the serpentor is a coincedence that he was on a vehicle but I would love to see one.I would love to see the ferret 4 wheeler both in joe and cobra colors so each side could have one.

Shipwreck"n"polly
09-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I Bet We Get The First Vehicles Around Christmas Because Thats Probably How Long It Will Take Hasbro To Catch Up On Distributing The Current Waves, Which Means They Will Probably Be Sold On Ebay For Triple The Retail Cost For At Least A Month Or Two Before They Hit Stores. The Build A Vehicle Would Be A Great Way To Go Though Except The Figures Are In Such Short Supply Probably Only One Or Two People Per City Would Be Able To Complete The Vehicle. I Just Wonder With All The People On This Site Who Are In Contact With Hasbro Why No One Has Been Able To Provide A Legitimate Answer As To Why They Are Short Shipping Every Wave So Far When The Demand Is Obviously Far Greater Than The Supply? There Has Never Been A Legitimate Answer Given For That Just Speculation. Furthermore Everyone Said After Wave 1 This Problem Would Probably Be Resolved But It Has Not Been Resolved It Is Still The Same, One Case Of Figures Per Store With No Further Shipments Planned Then People Wonder Why Some Of Us Overpay For The Figs Ebay? Because Its Either That Or Not Get Them At All. Patience In The Case Of This Line Has Not Paid Off To This Point When You Only Get Three Figures Of One Character Shipped To A City At A Time There's No Way There Will Be Enough To Go Around

P.s.finally Stores In Tulsa Get Joes And What Do We Get? One Case Of Wave Two At Each Of The Stores That Carry Joes.hmmmm I Wonder How Many Other Products Get Shipped One Small Box Per Every Three Months,.......mabee Nintendo Wii's I'll Give Hasbro This They Are Driving Demand Through The Roof All Tulsa Stores Sold Out Within Two Days Of Them Recieving Their First Shipment Of Figures. I'm Betting That Will Be It Here Until Christmas, We Are Always Way Behind The Rest Of The Country