Wave 1 Carded at hasbrotoyshop.com! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Wave 1 Carded at hasbrotoyshop.com!

Jay West
09-25-2007, 10:32 AM
HCC, SE and SS have listings. They are listed as coming soon!

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&SBR=539

ghettoraider
09-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Of course the two that everyone is searching for aren't there.

Syna3sthesia
09-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Man is like taking one step forward and two steps back. Hasbro get it together!

Jay West
09-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Of course the two that everyone is searching for aren't there.

True. It's possible that we caught them while they were updating the site. It'd be great if the other two and Wave 2 are soon added. Who knows. I know that that the Combat Squad 8 inch figures did not all get listings at the same time. So hoepfully more are soon to come.

I actually need another SS so I will probably order him when he becomes available.

Grunt
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Are there any promo codes out there? I dont need any of the figures that are listed, but I'm ready to pounce on a Flint and Cobra officer. I have one officer but I'm looking to get 5. Don't plan to get greedy, just build a small army.

Jay West
09-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Man is like taking one step forward and two steps back. Hasbro get it together!

What do you mean? We have been begging Hasbro to get product out there and finally they are putting it on their site. I'd say they're late to their own party but not going backwards.

Syna3sthesia
09-25-2007, 12:57 PM
I would say progress has been achieved, once all of the 25th figs have been included on the site.

AlternateUniverse Steeler
09-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Bout freakin time.

To any hasbro spies..........Speed up dammit!

quintonarledge
09-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Are there any promo codes out there?
SPTIER07 gets you 10% off it still works

2LT VIPER
09-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Let me say after 6 weeks of wal-mart having empty 25th pegs the lady scanned it and said they have not gotten any at the warehouse. Hey Hasblo you suck as far as marketing your stuff. I have been able to get the stuff but I have had to look and would have bought more had it been available. I am convinced the people at hasbro really do not want to make any money! Their CEO needs to shoot the people in the department that are this bad at getting mass production........or perhaps have them work inside a giant sea serpent that gives coffe breaks occassionally before killing you.:mad:

Shipwreck"n"polly
09-25-2007, 09:28 PM
a TRIPLE AMEN TO THAT BROTHER, WE ARE ALL SICK AND TIRED OF EMPTY PEGS I THINK HASBRO DOESN'T CARE WHETHER THE LINE SUCCEEDS OR NOT THE GO PLENTY OF JACK FROM ALL THERE TRANSFERMERS MERCHANDISE IT REALLY DOESNT MATTER TO THEM HOW JOE DOES, WHY ELSE WOULD WE KEEP SEEING SHELVES FULL OF THAT SIGMA 6 GARBAGE

Shipwreck"n"polly
09-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Will You Work Will You Work,"say No I Want To Seeee What Happenssss"!!!!!!!!

Syna3sthesia
09-25-2007, 09:30 PM
They must be waiting for Movie to land to blow the distribution of the Joe product then.

williamwells1
09-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Looks like Hasbro has the 5 packs in stock now......

rnrhero
09-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Hasbro is not completely to blame for this. Walmart and others have to place orders for there to be stock. If there is not a huge profit margin to be made, Then there will be empty pegs. Walmart might have made initial orders but there own statement said it was going to be at select stores when there press release came out a few months ago. Test market for a Pre Christmas tryout of new product. GIJOE just happened to be part of that. Walmart helped kill the line at retail a few years ago by saying they would not order anymore. Then TRU stepped up and carried the line exclusively for a while. It is easy to hate hasbro, I have done it myself, but they just supply what is ordered. Walmarts distrubution of all there products is crap. Not just GIJOE. Pick just about any other line then go to 5 stores and see what the assortments are. Yes there will be more star Wars, Pirates, transformers, but the assortments are usually hit or miss on what they have, and They all sell alot better then GIJOE has since the 80's. Just my 2 cents on all this. DTC was for us remember, the die hard fans. And poor sells by us let it die. I hate to admit it, and I bought a butt load of Armybuilders but that alone cant keep it alive.

ghettoraider
09-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Hasbro is not completely to blame for this. Walmart and others have to place orders for there to be stock. If there is not a huge profit margin to be made, Then there will be empty pegs. Walmart might have made initial orders but there own statement said it was going to be at select stores when there press release came out a few months ago. Test market for a Pre Christmas tryout of new product. GIJOE just happened to be part of that. Walmart helped kill the line at retail a few years ago by saying they would not order anymore. Then TRU stepped up and carried the line exclusively for a while. It is easy to hate hasbro, I have done it myself, but they just supply what is ordered. Walmarts distrubution of all there products is crap. Not just GIJOE. Pick just about any other line then go to 5 stores and see what the assortments are. Yes there will be more star Wars, Pirates, transformers, but the assortments are usually hit or miss on what they have, and They all sell alot better then GIJOE has since the 80's. Just my 2 cents on all this. DTC was for us remember, the die hard fans. And poor sells by us let it die. I hate to admit it, and I bought a butt load of Armybuilders but that alone cant keep it alive.

That's not true at all. I'm a toy department manager for Walmart. I myself have placed orders for 25th anniversary product. My orders sit in the system for about 2 weeks and then drop out with no product coming in. Why is this? Because Hasbro didn't anticipate the demand for the product and didn't make enough. The same issue with Transformers Movie product. I placed an order for 10 cases, got 2.

I've spoken to the reps from Hasbro that come into the stores myself. They themselves have admited that Hasbro dropped the ball on this line.

So blame Walmart all you want, but do me a favor and go to Toys R Us and Target and every other store that carries 25th anniversary product and gave upon thier empty pegs to.

Jay West
09-27-2007, 11:42 AM
That's not true at all. I'm a toy department manager for Walmart. I myself have placed orders for 25th anniversary product. My orders sit in the system for about 2 weeks and then drop out with no product coming in. Why is this? Because Hasbro didn't anticipate the demand for the product and didn't make enough. The same issue with Transformers Movie product. I placed an order for 10 cases, got 2.

I've spoken to the reps from Hasbro that come into the stores myself. They themselves have admited that Hasbro dropped the ball on this line.

So blame Walmart all you want, but do me a favor and go to Toys R Us and Target and every other store that carries 25th anniversary product and gave upon thier empty pegs to.

As a Wal Mart employee can you explain to me why some Wal-Marts aren't carrying any Joe product at all? I have heard the guesses on line, but every other major store seems to at least be trying to carry product. So why is Wal-Mart only partially supporting the line?

Regardless of Hasbro's issues, I am more inclined to go to Targets where I know they are stocking Joes than to gamble on going to Wal-Marts where I don't know if they are carrying the line. (I travel a lot).

ghettoraider
09-27-2007, 11:59 AM
It's simple really, if the store had weak sales for the last Joe product that came out, why carry a new one? More Walmarts carried the product at first, many have since stopped. Why? What good are empty pegs? When and if Hasbro shows they can satisfy demand, perhaps those stores will carry it.

But if a store in Mississippi for instance showed slow sales of Joe during the last release, a store in New York had much stronger sales and you're faced with a limited amount of product, which store are you going to have carry the product?

Katzenbogen
09-27-2007, 01:43 PM
well, maybe the fact that more of these figures are showing up on hasbro's online toyshop means that they've actually gone and produced more. if that's the case, then perhaps more of them will be getting out to stores soon. I mean, if there werent enough to go around before, then that was probably the reason why they werent for sale on hasbro's site. Now that theyre showing up, it probably means things are turning around.

Jay West
09-27-2007, 02:00 PM
CC, SE, SS and the 5 packs are all available.

karamazov80
09-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Also, the status of the single carded figures has changed from "coming soon" to "out of stock." Does anyone know if they were actually on sale at any point?

GBPackRat
09-28-2007, 12:15 AM
Yes, they were up when I checked around 10 PM CST.

Tanner

TheReverend
09-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Also, the status of the single carded figures has changed from "coming soon" to "out of stock." Does anyone know if they were actually on sale at any point?

they were in stock when I bought a few of them earlier :D

Syna3sthesia
09-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Wow that was quick.

Jay West
09-28-2007, 08:03 AM

Yes they were in stock for several hours yesterday.

Hopefully a quick sell out means Hasbro will get Wave 2 up soon.

Jay West
09-28-2007, 11:10 AM
They are in stock again as I type this.

karamazov80
09-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are in stock now.