Cobra Robot Technowalker Prototype on eBay? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Cobra Robot Technowalker Prototype on eBay?

roboticplanet
09-25-2007, 09:59 PM
What the heck is this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-GI-Joe-Cobra-Robot-Technowalker-Prototype_W0QQitemZ230175542179QQihZ013QQcategoryZ 2467QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The seller has been selling rare and preproduction pieces for months, but this one is a complete mystery to me. I couldn't find anything in the archive. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it even what the seller claims it to be?

GBPackRat
09-25-2007, 10:14 PM
As far as I can tell Eddie has a solid rep, so I guess until someone proves otherwise, I'd believe what he's stating...

There is nothing in the archives that covers this. I have no idea where it came from.

Tanner

Deadman2099
09-25-2007, 10:49 PM
funky. i guess the toy was going to actually walk, the feet look like those wind up toys that walk. it also looks like it would have fit in with like robo joe and the rest, so maybe it's from that time period?

Syna3sthesia
09-25-2007, 10:54 PM
That thing is just weird. Watch it sell for mad money!

zombieguide
09-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Whatever it is, it sure is FUGLY!

GBPackRat
09-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah... This stuff usually interests me and even I have no interest in this due to how "strange" it looks...

Tanner

Bigtattoo
09-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Whatever it is, it sure is FUGLY!

lol, that EXACTLY what I was about to post....

Volleydan
09-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Looks like something from Zoids to me....maybe Chris (Topson) would know - he does a lot of prototype stuff.

Chainsaw Viper
07-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Did anybody save a picture of this? I'd like to see it.

Xavieur@aol.com
07-30-2009, 11:11 AM
The Technowalkers were part of the Robot Rebellion series that were cancelled. I've seen pictures from another seller, also formerly with Hasbro, who had them as well. It's legit.

These were offered up a long time ago for sale so surprised to see them again here (but by the time I saw the board the ebay auction was already down.)

To add some trivia to the group - there was actually another GIJOE movie planned around these guys too. I picked up the storyboards and script awhile ago.

Chainsaw Viper
07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
The Technowalkers were part of the Robot Rebellion series that were cancelled. I've seen pictures from another seller, also formerly with Hasbro, who had them as well. It's legit.

These were offered up a long time ago for sale so surprised to see them again here (but by the time I saw the board the ebay auction was already down.)

To add some trivia to the group - there was actually another GIJOE movie planned around these guys too. I picked up the storyboards and script awhile ago.

Well now you've got me really curious!
What can you tell/show us about that one?

Xavieur@aol.com
07-30-2009, 12:03 PM
the thing that I hate about these boards is that its so difficult to just snap a picture and upload it to the site without using some other site, which I don't use. I am pretty sure that I saved a pic of the Joe's robot too when I saw it. I think he was asking around $1200 ea for them.

TOPSON
07-30-2009, 10:59 PM

Well, maybe there is some confussion on this one. The Technowalkers were planned to debut in 1995. Hasbro cancelled the GI Joe line in 1994, so they never made it past the prototype stage. There were four figures planned on the initial release. They were Cobra Robot, GI Joe Robot, Firefly, and General Hawk. There were going to be part of the Star Brigade line up as a deluxe figure. There was going to be a wind up mechanism that allowed the figures to walk on their own. So, there you go. I wanted to post an article here on Yojoe about the line, but I have been having some difficultly finding the rest of the information I need. If the owner of the 1:1 cobra robot is reading this, please send me a pm. Anyway, there are images of the Technowalker Hawk figure on a 1994 gift wrap with images of the cancelled Mega Marines Duke, Ace, General Hawk with flag, and Duke in camo.
Hope this helps and here are some pics of the robot.
Chris
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/bonapach/proto%20joes/IMGP2006.jpg
http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp38/bonapach/proto%20joes/IMGP2007.jpg

Bravo
10-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Did anybody save a picture of this? I'd like to see it.

Firefly and Hawk (or so they were called)

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/341/techfirefly.jpg

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/6305/techhawk.jpg

KrymsynGardImmoral
10-29-2009, 01:46 PM
WOW, it is nice to see that Hawk again.

And, I had that extra Firefly head in my possession for a great big half hour at the con this year, before I sold it to a friend...

Now I Know...
11-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Wow how did those pass the sketch design stage and even make prototype?

I mean those are ugly even for Star Brigade.